Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Straw Poll - Andy Carroll Red Card

Comments

• Options
    Reviewed successfully as Roy wants AC to be playing regularly unlike Sankofa!
  • Options
    I liked the comment below it - "once would be accidental but he just keeps doing it"
  • Options
    Silly Carrol, live with the consequences of raising an arm. Flores's overreaction ws a disgrace.
  • Options
    He plays for West Ham that warrants a red card in itself.
  • Options
    It's a red for Carroll due to the intent and ban Chico.
  • Options
    Red for the intent. We all agree Chico is a tart but if Carroll didn't swing the arm he wouldn't have gotten the foul even with the amateur dramatics.
  • Options
    Arguable whether Carroll intended to smack Flores rather than maintain balance (repeated viewing of footage doesn't help his case, therefore ban won't be rescinded), however Flores' theatrics makes Bale look honest. I doubt Flores can be punished post the fact due to the ref having a good view of the incident, but I wouldn't be opposed to the FA being able to retrospectively fine/ban players who do this. Not just because it's cheating, but it's embarrassing and needs to be stamped out. Go play on the continent if you want to roll around on the floor like a child.
  • Options
    Red card all day long

intent. He was swinging his arm to hit his opponent.

it doesnt matter one jot that his opponent was a fanny. You take your victim as you find him, there is no law of the game which gives a player the right to "clothesline" an opponent just because he is a cheating git
  • Options
    To me he looked like was going for a KO but missed.
  • Options
    Should have sent the pair of them off. Carroll is definitely trying to hit Flores with his arm. That' violent conduct and that's a red card offence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yellow at best for me with Flores on a ban for trying to make more of it than was necessary
  • Options
    Carroll - Red card and three match ban

Flores - Red hot poker up his arse for being a tit and a three match ban
  • Options
    Typical Caroll. He never learns. Red card but more marginal than many of his efforts (that he gets away with). Flores a yellow card for playacting.
  • Options
    It was the battle of the buns! A fight as to who's got the longest, shiniest hair.

On a serious note, Chico needs to grow a pair. Pathetic over reaction.
  • Options
    Red card not overturned. 3 match ban stands.

Carroll fuming on twitter.
  • Options
    Never a red card in my book, as I don't believe he was swinging his arm to hit the opponent, any contact was clumsy (and minimal) rather than deliberate, especially as it was with a straight arm.
  • Options
    Total disgrace - Chico, you should be ashamed. Schoolgirl behaviour!
  • Options
    Hammers have got their lawyers on the case now...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/10622406/West-Ham-confirm-they-will-take-legal-action-over-Andy-Carroll-red-card-after-failed-appeal.html

...money is absolutely ruining our game really. Even WHU admit if they were in mid table they would have just got on with it.
  • Options
    Didn't we do the same when Sankofa got sent off against Arsenal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On what grounds can this be challenged?

Decision has been made. Silly season, any overturning of this appeal just because wet spam have called in the lawyers would make mockery of the whole system.

Whether you think it was red or not, it was not accidental and was a reasonable decision. Wet spam should be ashamed of not accepting the decision after appeal
  • Options
    Defo swings his arm so red whether he made contact or not.

Chico is **** .

• Options
    Unbelievable that they are considering making a legal challenge in an attempt to delay the suspension until another striker is fit. They have no grounds to make any legal challenge other than they didn't like the result of the appeal, which is hardly proper grounds. Gold said that if they were mid table they would accept the ban - now I hope they go down. I still think it was a red.
  • Options
    A completely classless action - as you would expect from a club owned and run by those tools.
  • Options
    Almost cheered my head off when Dirty Dirty Alan Shearer got sent off at the valley.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/dec/04/newsstory.sport
  • Options
    I always thought one day that a club would take legal action when the appeals comitee said no. It shows the FA's system is wrong, wrong, wrong! But Hammers won't get the decision their way. But the system needs to be reviewed BIG TIME!
  • Options
    No shame. How ridiculous, hope they get laughed out of court.
  • Options
    Could set a dangerous precedent?

Teams will be taking the FA to court over all sorts of decisions (which are worse)
  • Options
    confirmed they are going to the High Court.

Hmmm