Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will you watch the World Cup?

I have put up permanent, water-proof stereo speakers in a verandah in the garden. They will be hooked up to a Sonos music system. I will be buying a projector to connect to my Sky Box. I will then project the game onto a temporary, waterproof screen in the back garden. I will also be buying an embarrassingly-large amount of real ale to have on-draft.

If the pub/licensing issues get sorted out, great. But I will be watching live football in my back garden.

Comments

• Options
    Will be round mates or have people round ours.

Only like watching England with people i like. Pubs attract the bell ends.
  • Options

I agree VG, that's why I'll be wacthing it in a pub. ;-)
  • Options

Very true. Especially for major tournaments when they are rammed full of non-football fans talking utter sh*te. And given the amount of drivel some genuine football supporters come up with on here, that is an unpleasant prospect.

I'm fortunate enough to be going out there.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I have put up permanent, water-proof stereo speakers in a verandah in the garden. They will be hooked up to a Sonos music system. I will be buying a projector to connect to my Sky Box. I will then project the game onto a temporary, waterproof screen in the back garden. I will also be buying an embarrassingly-large amount of real ale to have on-draft.

If the pub/licensing issues get sorted out, great. But I will be watching live football in my back garden.

Good luck with that. We had our summer last year and are not due another for 8 years.
  • Options
    In a seperate house from my Italian-supporting other half.
  • Options
    Can't wait for that Saturday evening England vs Italy game. A day long battle to stay sober enough to watch it!

Agree with you Gary, try and steer clear of pubs for England games these days, seems to bring out the same sort of people who jump on the Millwall bandwagon when they get to Wembley.
  • Options
    Just remembered I'm in portugal for a stag do for the Italy game.

Looks like i'll be a tanned bell end for that game!
  • Options
    I won't, really could not give a toss about National side any longer.
  • Options
    Probably in the front room if the east wing is out of action.
  • Options
    "Where will you watch the World Cup?"

Round Chizz's house
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am going round to Chizz's
  • Options
    am in Zante for the first game on holiday (getting married a few days before), will probably watch the rest at home and have people round.
  • Options
    Am going to be in Amsterdam for a stag for a few days of it, so should be interesting to see how different the Football watching culture is out there (probably little difference, loads of Brits who are even more hammered than usual).
  • Options

I'm fortunate enough to be going out there.

Thought you might mention that!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I shall be following the World Cup in several establishments around Copenhagen including on the big screen in the pub at the British Embassy, various sports bars and my apartment with my Danish wife (who will of course be cheering on England..I hope!)
  • Options
    I prefer to watch England in privacy as I find it so harrowing. I actually get more enjoyment watching other countries play, to be honest.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Couldn't imagine not watching in the pub. Years of working in one have given me a bell-end immunity, which helps. It also depends on which side you are on as to who you consider the bell-ends are. I am hoping to be watching the Italy match with the tanned bell end Gary and his crew.
    cafctom said:

Am going to be in Amsterdam for a stag for a few days of it, so should be interesting to see how different the Football watching culture is out there (probably little difference, loads of Brits who are even more hammered than usual).

If the are anything like they are when on holiday Tom, if its a quiet pub, they will rearrange the furniture in the pub to suit them, and then eek out one pint for the whole ninety minutes. If its busy it will be like sardines and you will be lucky to get to the bar anyway...

• Options

This, I hate watching football in pubs.
  • Options
    Whatever bar I can find in Portugal. Partner booked a holiday at an inopportune time.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Guaranteed to be p!ssing down then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

Guaranteed to be p!ssing down then.
    I'll be under cover, in the verandah, with enough beer to anaesthetise the effects of the cold. Perfick!
  • Options
    I will try to watch all the England games in the pub, as being surrounded by other fans normally makes it easier for me to be more patriotic supporting the current England team, sounds silly but works for me.
  • Options
    Brazil until we're knocked out. Thereafter, on the sofa.
  • Options
    Will not watch it all any where England wont win so the sooner they go out the better.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Can i come round your place?
  • Options
    At home, in pubs and whatever bars have it in Kavos.
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Derek1952 said:

Will not watch it all any where England wont win so the sooner they go out the better.

That's the spirit. Miserable pair of *****
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Strange
  • Options
    My missus is going to Croatia with a couple of girlfriends for a week during the early stages of the world cup. So I'll be able to watch two of England's games in splendid isolation being able to concentrate on the game without a lot of chatter and questions, wearing what I want, eating what I want, drinking what I want - bliss. If we get through the group I'll shell out for her to go again so I can see the later stages in peace too :-)
  • Options
    JWADDICK said:

Really dont understand this attitude at all i bet you walk around with your Spain/Brazil shirt on while the World Cup is on.
    Then again, England doesnt need support from pondlife like you.