Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunshine in May

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jesus Leroy im starting to worry

A couple of my mates run a bar in Correlejo I love it there.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Haha - eerily small world! I bet my mum is a regular there! Going over to surprise her in a few weeks for her birthday.

Is it The Talk of the Town?
  • Options
    No but that is where I go to watch the football on a Saturday when im out there. Got a fantastic picture of me and a girl called holly Henderson with her tits out on one of the benches. My mate Rob runs flicks in the atlantico centre
  • Options
    Me and her are going in may but going to give Jandia a go this time though. The nicest steak I have ever tasted was in a restaurant called mirander al sur in the back streets of correlejo
  • Options

Mays a risky month in Europe. You can hit it off or come unstuck. Canary Islands reduces that risk significantly. Lanzarote would be my choice.

This or Fuerteventura. Once froze my nuts off in Majorca in late May/early June!

Greek islands probably okay though with the added benefit of all the wild spring flowers in bloom. (As long as Greek ATC not on strike of course!)
  • Options
    Canaries are good for sun all year but I have a soft spot for Fuerte
  • Options
    The western Algarve ticks all those boxes mate
  • Options
    Cala d'Or - Mallorca.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. Most appreciated.

For those of you who are interested we decided to book a week in Porto Cristo - a small family friendly fishing town on the east coast of Majorca.
  • Options

Thanks everyone for your input. Most appreciated.

For those of you who are interested we decided to book a week in Porto Cristo - a small family friendly fishing town on the east coast of Majorca.

Very nice mate. Close to the Caves of Drach, which your kids will love if you haven't taken them before. Have a great time and hope you get that sunshine!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All that advice and you chose somewhere else!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Keep seeing this thread and thinking it would make a good album / book title
  • Options

Keep seeing this thread and thinking it would make a good album / book title

If it was a book it would have to be in the fiction section....

• Options
    Protaras Cyprus
  • Options

Crete is nice. Aghios Nikolaos has drawn me in twice, Elounda is also worth considering. Both though are a couple of hours transfer unless you get a cab. Gouves is handier to the airport. Not sure what the weather in May is like but I'd wager it's better than here.

I was about to recommend this, I am going there last week in May and I can not wait!

Add Plaka to that as well.
  • Options
    @Algarveaddick‌ Back to http://www.valedecarros.com/hotel-overview.html
    near Açoteias today with our 4 and 2 years olds.

Any recommendations on places to eat with children etc? (Depending on me picking up the internet when I'm away).

Sounds like the weather is going to be quite cool.

• Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Crete is nice. Aghios Nikolaos has drawn me in twice, Elounda is also worth considering. Both though are a couple of hours transfer unless you get a cab. Gouves is handier to the airport. Not sure what the weather in May is like but I'd wager it's better than here.

I was about to recommend this, I am going there last week in May and I can not wait!

Add Plaka to that as well.
    Matala is pretty good, don't miss the walk through the gorge can't recall it's name though, you can get dropped off at the top walk through it appximately 10 miles then get a boat back to your resort.
  • Options

@Algarveaddick‌ Back to http://www.valedecarros.com/hotel-overview.html
    near Açoteias today with our 4 and 2 years olds.

Any recommendations on places to eat with children etc? (Depending on me picking up the internet when I'm away).

Sounds like the weather is going to be quite cool.

No can't help I am afraid, never been to eat anywhere near there. Sorry... ;-(
  • Options
    Just had a week in Galé, a few km away from Albufeira. Would highly recommend it for anyone looking for sun, relaxation, fantastic beaches and a good range of restaurants/bars. Good taxi service, if you really want Albufeira, but great roads as well if you're driving and want to explore more (I have a soft spot for Lagos, further along the coast).