Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Laudrup Gone

Comments

• Options
    Beat you!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Beat you!

Yours should go 'cos I spelt his name right!

• Options
    I've spelt it the same as you. You twit!
  • Options
    Bl@@dy hell, crazy decision.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

You liar sir - you've just changed it!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2014

Bl@@dy hell, crazy decision.

Seems to be due to the fact that he was planning to leave at the end of the season anyway rather than for performance which makes it more understandable. Sure he'll get another good job elsewhere and it is a very attractive job for a lot of managers out there.

Malky in would be pretty great.
  • Options
    Mad. It was only a few weeks ago that he was wanted for the Spurs job but said he would not leave a club during the season.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I'm going to ask the Moderators to investigate exactly how you spelt your thread and then to remove the "abuse" flag you have awarded me.

I have a totally unblemished record and wish it to remain thus.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    this is by far the better Laudrup gone thread.
  • Options
    Silly decision. Quality manager. Terrible that managers aren't allowed to go through rough patches these days. Hope he gets a job soon, he's always played football the right way, as a player and a manager. Who do Swansea honestly think they'll get who will do any better?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

I'm going to ask the Moderators to investigate exactly how you spelt your thread and then to remove the "abuse" flag you have awarded me.

I have a totally unblemished record and wish it to remain thus.
    So tempted to flag....
  • Options
    Laudrup for Charlton anyone? (Cheeky I know!)
  • Options

this is bar far the better Laudrup gone thread.

Bar far
  • Options
    Chairman said he wasn't go to sack him. Yesterday! Bonkers. Who"s the favourite? Steve Clarke would fit well there but whoever they get won't be any better.
  • Options
    Once again Chairmen just dont realise the effects the Europa League can have on some teams.

two years ago Newcastle were flying and qualified for the competition / last season they were in deep trouble / this season they're flying again and dont have Europe as a distraction... exact same is happening to Swansea at the moment, had they stuck with Laudrup they'd have been fine this season and would have been back with Newcastle and Southampton next year
  • Options
    Europa League is a curse. Spot on with that. They should scrap it.
  • Options

Europa League is a curse. Spot on with that. They should scrap it.

Sorry for going off topic but European Football should be organised as such... (There are 52 European Countries by the way)

Champions League: Winners from each of the Leagues in Europe... Keep the Champions League for the latter stages but not as many Groups required (some of the smaller nations will face the bigger boys so for the first few years it wont be as competitive in some games yet as the years progress so will the smaller nations as they gain experience... It might then help the minnow countries for the Euros / World Cup Qualifying)

Europa League: 2nd / 3rd Place teams from each of the Leagues... Remain back to the UEFA Cup

Cup Winners Cup: Says what it is on the tin... the winners from the Cup and League Cup (if some countries have one) and is a replica of the UEFA Cup format.

Quite ironic as well because that'll reduce the amount of weekday games... England might be able to have a winter break as some big clubs want (So they can travel to Dubai for clashes with Bayern Munich still) and also having more free weeknights mean that if ever there is a repeat of the Qatar World Cup (i.e. being moved from Summer to Winter) the impact wont be so big because the games that cant be played during the World Cup months can just be re-arranged in those free weeknights...
  • Options
    i think hes been sacked as he was going to be leaving at the end of the season for a big club anyway so the chairman didnt like the uncertainty and the results so decided best to get rid now
  • Options
    Amazing that all the managers in the Europa League at Swansea, Wigan and Tottenham have changed their managers.
  • Options

i think hes been sacked as he was going to be leaving at the end of the season for a big club anyway so the chairman didnt like the uncertainty and the results so decided best to get rid now

The joke is on the Chairman then as surely going to a big club would mean compensation would be needed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The joke is on the Chairman then as surely going to a big club would mean compensation would be needed...
    not if the uncertainty was going to get them relegated, also heard there relationship was a breaking point as laudrup wanted more money to be spent on players than they would give
  • Options
    edited February 2014

not if the uncertainty was going to get them relegated, also heard there relationship was a breaking point as laudrup wanted more money to be spent on players than they would give
    I'd have been very surprised if Swansea were relegated under Laudrup... reckon there are three clubs a lot worse than them but of course you cant really leave it to chance sometimes

Also Garry Monk... Strange choice of caretaker manager... Does he have the coaching badges to manage in the Premier League or doesnt it matter if your only given temporary charge?
    vff said:

Amazing that all the managers in the Europa League at Swansea, Wigan and Tottenham have changed their managers.

lol! Hadnt noticed that actually
  • Options

Hmm, bringing in a new manager early because the current one is going to be leaving.
    Curbishley....Dowie....
  • Options
    vff said:

Good point - proper shite competition tbh and must take its toll on clubs who make it cos most of them won't have a squad deep enough to cope with anything other than 38 league games. Tbh thought Wigan were dead certs for auto this year with QPR but forgot they had to deal with that.

Reckon McKay will be his replacement tho. Can understand the decision a little bit as Laudrup seems to be resigned to defeat recently and they should be doing better with the squad they have.

• Options
    Every year someone gets binned just after the transfer window closes. Makes no more sense now than when it first happened.
  • Options
    The Swansea board have got their heads screwed on. I wonder if there's more to it.
  • Options
    Everton assistant manager Jones was being touted last weekend.
  • Options
    I get the sense from Swansea that their fans and board are getting a bit ahead of themselves in terms of their expectations.

Managers that can keep you up don't grow on trees and one badly timed sacking - and new appointment - can be catastrophic.
  • Options
    I thought he was going to Madrid in the summer. Mad.

Mind you they may have Curbs on their radar.