Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Laudrup Gone

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    like Adam says, pretty sure he's only been sacked because of the uncertainty. Mind you he did have a contract till 2015 with a £10M release clause so it won't have been a decision taken lightly. They've got a great track record with managers over the last 10 years so no doubt they're doing what's best for the club.

Wow, lot more here, just seen it: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-sacked-michael-laudrup-phoning-3112286#.UvFrKHnt_2g
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I thought he was going to Madrid in the summer. Mad.

Mind you they may have Curbs on their radar.

I can't see Curbs going to live in Wales.
  • Options

I get the sense from Swansea that their fans and board are getting a bit ahead of themselves in terms of their expectations.

Perhaps their fans want somebody to "take them to the next level" ?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I get the sense from Swansea that their fans and board are getting a bit ahead of themselves in terms of their expectations.

Perhaps their fans want somebody to "take them to the next level" ?

It only took them three seasons!

At least we had the decency to wait until season six!
  • Options
    Only 3 Spanish players can sit together at any table during lunch. LOL
    That mirror article reads like the rants of a disturbed and desperate chairman.
    Might have a fiver on them getting relegated.
  • Options
    They always make good appointments. Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup. It'll be interesting to see who they go for.
  • Options
    Get him on the first Megabus to Charlton!
  • Options
    Hoddle to be interviewed this week.
  • Options
    Certainly a good enough manager was Laundrup.

Martinez got Swansea playing, and the managers to follow just kept it the same with the odd good new recruit ie Michu had a great 1st season, a bargain.

• Options

dizzee said:

I can, seeing he's got that welsh middle name, Llwellyn! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs literally gets linked to every job. It's got a repetitive edge to it.

Probably get 25/1 on curbs to be the next manager of McDonald's in welling. Worth a punt seen as he once had a coffee in a McDonald's branch.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Probably get 25/1 on curbs to be the next manager of McDonald's in welling. Worth a punt seen as he once had a coffee in a McDonald's branch.

But he's never very linked, he's always in the Top 10, but never the favourite! Besides, he'll be in charge of Fulham soon...
  • Options
    From the Mirror article:

We can reveal Laudrup's departure was met with a huge sigh of relief within the dressing room.

Although the Dane’s 18-month reign saw Swansea win the Capital One Cup, reach the knockout stages of a European competition and enjoy another impressive season in the Premier League, success on the pitch disguised complete chaos off it.

There was a lack of discipline, dressing room bust-ups, cliques and Laudrup’s relationship with chairman Huw Jenkins had long since broken down when the axe fell on Tuesday evening.

Guess results and performance aren't everything.
  • Options

Managers that can keep you up don't grow on trees and one badly timed sacking - and new appointment - can be catastrophic.

Are you talking from experience? ;-)
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Did you see Fulham tonight?
  • Options

Dave2l said:

But he's never very linked, he's always in the Top 10, but never the favourite! Besides, he'll be in charge of Fulham soon...
    Lol!
    They were shit when he went there, they are now really shit.
  • Options
    Can we do a whip round and pay them to take Avram Grant

Forever
  • Options

Laudrup for Charlton anyone? (Cheeky I know!)

Shelvey would be more use

• Options
    Interesting to see how the Mirror article says Oscar Garcia from Brighton is one of the possible replacements... Reckon if he goes we'll see Nathan Jones given his first Managerial job at Brighton!!
  • Options
    It's a little known fact that Laudrup hasn't been managing Swansea at all; he sub-contracted the role to Dowie who wore a latex Laudrup mask!

Dowie and Laudrup have never been seen in the same room together - FACT!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If that Mirror article is true then are we supposed to believe that Laudrup completely changed his methods this season? Because i didn't see anyone complaining about squad morale, Laudrup's training methods or a drinking culture at the club last season when they finished 9th and won a trophy.

The chairman had a falling out with Laudrup's agent over their transfer policy and would no longer speak to him. There seems to have been an uneasy truce between Laudrup and Jenkins since then but now the chairman has obviously had enough.

Jenkins is mad though, says he wants a united club and then puts Monk in charge. Chico Flores was chasing him with a brick the other week.
  • Options
    The mind boggles! that is madness
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That is what "cliques" do, I hope it never happens on here :-)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Dave2l said:

Lol!
    Curbs isn't involved in the on the pitch stuff. I think we can blame Ray Wilkins for that :-)
  • Options

Riviera said:

Dave2l said:

Lol!
    Curbs isn't involved in the on the pitch stuff. I think we can blame Ray Wilkins for that :-)
    Interesting, what is his role then?
  • Options

dizzee said:

There's me thinking dizzee thought Curbs was on Madrid's radar ;-)

• Options
    Malky Mackay. They wouldn't would they. He wouldn't would he?
  • Options
    Favourites according to The Guardian:

Glenn Hoddle, eccentric former Athletic Bilbao manager Marcelo Bielsa and eccentric former Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp are the biggest names on the list of contenders to replace Michael Laudrup as Swansea City manager. Brighton manager Oscar Garcia, Everton assistant manager Graeme Jones and Hull No2 Steve Agnew also feature.
  • Options
    Swansea 9/1 to go down. Hmm...
    If anyone wondered, the Swansea/Charlton relegation double is 24/1. Ahem cough.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It would be silly to say that Laudrup is even half as good a manager as he was a player.
    He hasn't really done that much.
    Getafe, Spartak Moscow, Mallorca and now Swansea - never lasted two seasons.