Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014 Premier League Darts

Starts tonight.

Can't look past MVG to win it IMO.

Begins the defence of his title against Phil Taylor

Comments

• Options
    I reckon the top 4 will be

MVG
    Lewis
    Taylor
    Chisnall 4th if he doesn't buckle under the pressure
  • Options
    Never write Taylor off. He's been away practicing his arse off after the worlds apparently. He also has new arrers which he is meant to be VERY happy with.

Interesting call on Chisnall, Nicholas. Not sure he's got what it takes to compete against the proper big boys week in week out (saying that, the game against Thornton is winnable to get off to a decent start tonight).
  • Options
    He can be a knob at times but still gutted Wades not in it. Going to the o2 in May for it.
  • Options
    Wade should be in it
  • Options
    Oh of course you can never write Taylor off, the bloke will no doub prove all his doubters wrong and piss it but I personally think this format is set up better for the likes of MVG and Lewis.

I don't think Anderson or Barney will do much, Thornton is a good player but he has too many stinkers for my liking. Whitlock will be there abouts. Wright could go either way. With Chisnall I'm so sure he can break in to the top 4 the bloke is quality, only prob with him seems to be the big stage nerves.
  • Options
    Haven't heard a peep from Taylor since the Worlds.

Can see MVG coming out blazing tonight then being pegged back.
  • Options
    Anderson for me is an absolute cert for the top 4. So unlucky in the worlds not to take out mvg. Would be happy to take a match bet over the season with anyone that fancies chisnall over Anderson.
  • Options
    Lewis was so bad last year that he will be keen to make a good impression here. I also think Newton will be much improved as he's had a decent year.

Otherwise I'd go for:
    MvG
    Taylor
    Lewis
    Anderson

I agree it's a shame there is no Wade but I also think it's unfair that Hamilton isn't there either. He's a very solid player, albeit not much of a personality. If anyone deserved a rest from the big competitions it's RvB who isn't exactly setting the world alight but maybe that would hurt viewing figures from across the pond.
  • Options
    RVB was Sky's pick, which makes sense really given the amount of viewers from around Europe as you say

Newton has to one of blandest PL players they've had so far.
  • Options
    MvG should win it out as for tonights matches Have Wright, Lewis and Mvg Treble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Backed Taylor and Barney double tonight
  • Options
    Hats off to RVB that was a cracking performence
  • Options
    Never thought I would see Taylor white washed. Ouch
  • Options
    Barney fantastic. MVG effortless
  • Options
    You Beauty

• Options
    nice one mate. didn't look at having a bet tonight but some of those odds are quality. Lewis 5/6?!?
  • Options
    Cheers Mike it works out about 46/1. It was one of those days where I was gonna get all 5 correct or all 5 wrong.

Agree thought Lewis was a very generous price, I was trying to lay it off but thought I would leave as they said Whitlock had been ill recently.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

You Beauty

Fair play on that Nicholas! Great result sir. Just watched MVG v Taylor as was out last night. Wow! One thing is for sure, I'll never make a pundit :)
  • Options
    It's happening again
  • Options
    Maybe not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor will come good, once he gets a win on the board he will go from strength to strength.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sod football betting sod horses I'm sticking to darts
  • Options
    Definitely had more success in darts betting than Football and the nags
  • Options
    I can't afford to bet on the darts lost too much losing at poker :-/
  • Options
    Thanks Newton for messing up our bets
  • Options
    Not the longest odds but....

Taylor, MVG -2.5 and Lewis -2.5
    Treble is 9/2
  • Options
    Thornton 13/8 vs Anderson looks a big single price.
  • Options
    Anderson has been playing well
  • Options
    Really difficult set of fixtures this week. Prob be a couple of draws to kill any bets I do.

Lewis
    Anderson
    Wright Going to carry on betting against Taylor until he picks up again.

Around 11-1

As the games are so tight will also do some trebles and acc on.

Wright
    Whitlock
    Thornton
    Chisnall

Around 171-1

• Options
    Betting against Taylor...remind me to do that next week