Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would you do in this blokes situation?

How can this guy be arrested?! From around 1 minute in. Pathetic.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc7_1391532479

Comments

• Options
    Site blocked at work, what happened?
  • Options
    Mcafee won't let me see either.
  • Options
    Police attempting to arrest a bloke for drink driving. Problem being he was a pedestrian and hadn't even been seen in a car!

They seemingly had no evidence other than one coppers word saying he could smell alcohol on him and suspected he'd got to wherever he was by driving. He not surprisingly refused a breath test and they were arresting him!

How can they arrest you for drink driving without evidence that you've even been driving?!
  • Options
    I can see that the first PCSO misheard tea as two and then just closed his mind to any explanation. But he is a right knob and should be disciplined by his superiors.
    And the three PCs who arrested him should be ashamed that on the word of the first idiot they arrest without taking any account of his explanations.
    And they wonder why many people despise the police. Jobsworth morons.
  • Options
    Remember when me and my mate went to Selhurst Park last season we got to the train station before the match and went into a newsagent and got some beers... We probably walked a few yards when about 10 Officers walked past us and one Jobsworth police officer trailing behind came running over to us shouting, demanding that we give him the beers which he tipped on to the ground... Am not moaning about his actions as Im surprised the other 10 ignored us it was this one blokes tone and attitude when he came over to us that I hated.

Was completely the opposite when we left though... cos we went slightly early to avoid any problems (and glad we did when I read the reports of the police from that day)... On the way back we stopped and asked this Policeman the way back to the station and he treated us like proper humans so we respected him and thanked him for the directions afterwards... Its not bloomin' difficult to act like he did and doesnt cost anything either!!
  • Options
    and in answer to the question I'd take it up officially as far as I could.
  • Options
    I'm convinced they were trying to wind him up so that he reacted and then they could arrest him for assualting an officer. He did well to keep so calm, although obviously him filming it meant he had all the evidence he needed
  • Options
    Ridiculous attitude by OB ... interesting to see how this one ends up.

On the basis of that film, they have no chance of conviction and I can see him getting financial recompense for unlawful arrest.
  • Options
    Tbf the bloke does sound drunk
  • Options

possibly, but not causing a disturbance (based on the content of the video) and not driving, nor is there any proof he was driving
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He didn't to me.

• Options
    How do you know there's no evidence of him driving? Do you have evidence to support that statement?
  • Options

Sounded perfectly calm and sober to me.
  • Options
    Is that copper dom jolly wot an arsehole , just like the copper at wigan station last saturday no need for it at all.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

How do you know there's no evidence of him driving? Do you have evidence to support that statement?

The first CSPO asked if he had driven there, he wasn't answered but just then took it that he had driven.
    I don't recall that at any point did he admit to driving, the PCs who arrested him didn't try and find out if he had actually driven but just went into automaton arrest mode. Even if he had driven there was no reason to breathalyse him as far as I could see.

• Options
    Police lying surely not, absolutely no respect for them, when a real crime is committed nowhere to be seen.
  • Options
    That makes me so angry watching that. I hope that gobby copper loses his job but we all know he won't .
  • Options

Then you need to get new speakers. He sounded perfectly sober.
  • Options
    The OB didn't exactly do themselves any favours there did they. I'm generally supportive of our police but incidents like that show there are some proper divs in uniform. The bloke sounded perfectly sober to me and behaved more than appropriately. Hope he complained.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bad advert for Policing. Sad.
  • Options

Bad advert for Policing. Sad.

I struggle to remember a good advert for policing.

• Options
    Sadly, I think the idiot coppers were legally right.

drinkdrivinglaw.co.uk/offences/failing_to_provide_a_specimen_for_analysis.htm
    What if I told the Police that I was not driving but they refused to believe me so I refused to give a specimen?

You can still be convicted. The Police have the right to request the specimen based on a suspicion of whether you were driving. It is not critical to the offence that their suspicion is correct. Your refusal to give a specimen on the basis that you do not believe the request is justified is an offence.
  • Options
    It looked like Vic Reeves trying to arrest Dynamo (The magician)
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Sadly, I think the idiot coppers were legally right.

drinkdrivinglaw.co.uk/offences/failing_to_provide_a_specimen_for_analysis.htm

What if I told the Police that I was not driving but they refused to believe me so I refused to give a specimen?

You can still be convicted. The Police have the right to request the specimen based on a suspicion of whether you were driving. It is not critical to the offence that their suspicion is correct. Your refusal to give a specimen on the basis that you do not believe the request is justified is an offence.
    He will be able to do a test in the nick. If he fails then what? He could have driven and then had a drink. Think the young william just got a bit excited. Do not tend to be blessed with brains.
  • Options
    The plod will have difficulty proving the drink driving but unfortunately the refusal to provide a sample is still an offence in its own right.

I suspect if it went to court and that video was shown he would get off though.
  • Options
    Well I see it differently. The bloke was being an arse. If he had nothing to hide why not just take the test?
  • Options
    So what if he was drunk? From this clip he was calm and not causing a disturbance. Are the police going to arrest everybody who smells of drink, he might of had a can to beer while out or been in a pub. Its not an offence to drink, only drink and drive!

• Options
    slip him a proper good head butt and smash his nose right off his swede , well worth a nicking dealing with scum ob like that