Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would you do in this blokes situation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Well I see it differently. The bloke was being an arse. If he had nothing to hide why not just take the test?

In what way was he being an arse?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    iainment said:

I can see that the first PCSO misheard tea as two and then just closed his mind to any explanation. But he is a right knob and should be disciplined by his superiors.
    And the three PCs who arrested him should be ashamed that on the word of the first idiot they arrest without taking any account of his explanations.
    And they wonder why many people despise the police. Jobsworth morons.

That was an inspector not a plastic plod!! The sergeant and the two officers have to go along with the superior and follow his instructions. They are in a no win scenario.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Well I see it differently. The bloke was being an arse. If he had nothing to hide why not just take the test?

This, the guy's a prick.
  • Options
    Feck him DM just batter the cozzer
  • Options

Riviera said:

This, the guy's a prick.
    That's a bit harsh on Riviera

;-)
  • Options
    Right near the star just before the knob head copper starts on him it looks like he's getting up off the floor from being pushed over by another one
  • Options
    Don't see what the officer did wrong.

He obviously thought the guy was drunk and then suspected that he may have been driving so wanted to get to the bottom of it.

That's the problem nowadays why youth dont respect authority, is because the Police, and other organisations have had all of their power taken away.

I'd rather the police were like that rather than pathetic and scared to deal with issues.
  • Options
    The man is a 46 yr old and a Dr ( not a medical one ) and in the video had done nothing wrong. Why should he be detained because he smells of drink? Why should he be detained because he was seen driving earlier? Do you drive during the day then in the evning go to the pub? Should a policeman arrest you when you are walking in the street because you smell of drink?

• Options
    Poor from the old bill, but these protester types are usually self righteous a*seholes anyway. Hard to be sympathetic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafckev said:

The man is a 46 yr old and a Dr ( not a medical one ) and in the video had done nothing wrong. Why should he be detained because he smells of drink? Why should he be detained because he was seen driving earlier? Do you drive during the day then in the evning go to the pub? Should a policeman arrest you when you are walking in the street because you smell of drink?

Exactly nothing to do with respect all to do with scum coppers taking liberties with their power
  • Options
    standard behaviour from ob in my experience

and that is globally
  • Options
    The old bill are not blameless but the guy is at a demonstration where tensions run high and often, some are simply there to cause disorder. If he had bothered to explain himself properly instead of repeating "I am a pedestrian" like a parrot on speed they might have taken a bit more notice of him. Like I said earlier, the guy is a prick and brought the arrest upon himself by his obstructive behaviour.
  • Options
    Was he wearing the 'observer' ID clothing at the time? That would be a bit of a clue to the police I would have thought.
  • Options
    So that's a no then? You can't disprove they hadn't had a radioed call that a man of that description had been driving erratically.

Just a theory

However could just be an ott group of officers getting stuck in after being taunted. Neither would be acceptable. The police were overly aggressive in their response.

It's all a bit of the police officer is a dick but so is the bloke being collared
  • Options

The old bill are not blameless but the guy is at a demonstration where tensions run high and often, some are simply there to cause disorder. If he had bothered to explain himself properly instead of repeating "I am a pedestrian" like a parrot on speed they might have taken a bit more notice of him. Like I said earlier, the guy is a prick and brought the arrest upon himself by his obstructive behaviour.

Did you go to the Palarse away game? Was you trapped when they Police decided to force you down the road when you didnt want to go that way?

Now how would you feel if a cooper told you he smelt drink on you and that "he saw you" in a car earlier and believes you were driving that car whilst drunk and demanded you do a breath test or arrest you? What would you do? Agree or say no I have nothing wrong? Why do you have to give an explanation?

Its not a matter of being scum, or that you are in a group of protesters, its a matter of law, justice and principles.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Did you go to the Palarse away game? Was you trapped when they Police decided to force you down the road when you didnt want to go that way?

Now how would you feel if a cooper told you he smelt drink on you and that "he saw you" in a car earlier and believes you were driving that car whilst drunk and demanded you do a breath test or arrest you? What would you do? Agree or say no I have nothing wrong? Why do you have to give an explanation?

Its not a matter of being scum, or that you are in a group of protesters, its a matter of law, justice and principles.
    In answer to your first question about palace, no I wasn't there.

But if I'd been questioned I wouldn't have made the situation worse by acting like a self righteous cock. I'd have taken the test as they wouldn't have a shred of evidence I'd driven.

As I said, the police are far from blameless but some people seem to bring trouble on themselves by the way they act.