Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Kermorgant sets record straight on his move and on-going uncertainty at Charlton

Comments

• Options

At 400k you can't blame the club for selling

Where do you get 400k from mate ?

Kermorgant swapped struggling Charlton for mid-table Cherries when he completed a £400,000 move from the Valley on the final day of the transfer window.

Bournemouth echo

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10993888.AFC_Bournemouth__Age_no_barrier_for_new_boy_Kermorgant/?ref=var_6
    ta, though personally expect that to be a very inflated figure

Dunno about that, Neil Perret the Echo hack pretty much has his own parking space at Dean Court and must be pretty well connected so although it seems surprisingly high I wouldn't put money on it being way off.

• Options

At 400k you can't blame the club for selling

Where do you get 400k from mate ?

Kermorgant swapped struggling Charlton for mid-table Cherries when he completed a £400,000 move from the Valley on the final day of the transfer window.

Bournemouth echo

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10993888.AFC_Bournemouth__Age_no_barrier_for_new_boy_Kermorgant/?ref=var_6
    ta, though personally expect that to be a very inflated figure

Dunno about that, Neil Perret the Echo hack pretty much has his own parking space at Dean Court and must be pretty well connected so although it seems surprisingly high I wouldn't put money on it being way off.

Fair enough, the indications i was given at this end was that that figure was very wide of the mark

• Options
    MrLargo said:

uncertainty over my manager's position wouldn't affect me so why should it a footballer?

How would it not effect you? If your manager leaves he could be replaced by someone who doesn't rate you, or expects you to do twice as much work for the same money, or wants you to spend more time doing stuff that doesn't sit you don't consider yourself to be skilled at. Your job could change overnight from something you like doing to something you dread.
    yes, but why worry about it as it may never happen. As it happens it did happen to me. 25 yrs at a German bank under one really great manager. He left. In a first meeting with his replacement I was told I'd been there too long so must lack ambition. I told him I like it there, did a bloody good job and that all organisations needed continuity. Within 12 months I was made redundant. With 24 months a team of six who had all been there at least 15 years each were gone, bar one. I now look back and was pleased I was pushed out. I now work for a smaller company on 20% less money but feel more appreciated.

These things happen and you deal with it not bitch and moan 'poor me blah blah'.

• Options
    I personally wish we could move on. Yann was loved by the majority of the fans and we'll never know what losing him really means (I mean he could've been injured next week anyway). Yes it (probably) is a big loss and he's obviously a bit bitter about things - but he's gone now! We've got 2 exciting looking young strikers in. Things change - we should just move on and get behind the team. I'm excited and looking forward to tomorrow's game more than usual.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

uncertainty over my manager's position wouldn't affect me so why should it a footballer?

How would it not effect you? If your manager leaves he could be replaced by someone who doesn't rate you, or expects you to do twice as much work for the same money, or wants you to spend more time doing stuff that doesn't sit you don't consider yourself to be skilled at. Your job could change overnight from something you like doing to something you dread.
    yes, but why worry about it as it may never happen. As it happens it did happen to me. 25 yrs at a German bank under one really great manager. He left. In a first meeting with his replacement I was told I'd been there too long so must lack ambition. I told him I like it there, did a bloody good job and that all organisations needed continuity. Within 12 months I was made redundant. With 24 months a team of six who had all been there at least 15 years each were gone, bar one. I now look back and was pleased I was pushed out. I now work for a smaller company on 20% less money but feel more appreciated.

These things happen and you deal with it not bitch and moan 'poor me blah blah'.

But you just had a moan about it : - )

You've moved on now but did you really never have a moan or feel just a little pissed off at the time?
    I was only pissed off with the new guy because he was a grade A prick. I just looked at it as a new chapter and a new adventure. That's how Yann should feel.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Reading that makes me miss him even more! Using the term "we" still. He didn't want to leave, if we'd offered him a contract which Powell and the majority of fans wanted he'd still be here. Unfortunately with his age RD probably thought he isn't part of the new project which is sad.

Hope he makes a success down at Bournemouth unfortunately though I can see him not feeling loved and falling out of favour there quickly if he's heart isn't in it.

And returns to the Addicks on a free transfer in six months time. Then comes off the bench to score the goal that takes us back to the Premiership at the end of next season. Stranger things have happened!
  • Options
    People are gutted we lost Yann, Yeah i was upset at the time, But come on .....

After Pete scores and we win tomorrow it will be a case of #YANNWHO?

PP is the future, Players come and go .... I believe we are stronger following the new two strikers and yann's departure
  • Options
    So allegedly we got £400,000 and possibly the same or £500,000 for Stephens?
    Wonder if RD is going to let SCP spend this on new players.
    Won't hold my breath! Wonder if this lot are going to be any better than previous owners?
    PS: Good luck Yann, think your 100% effort will be extremely hard to replace!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Won't hold my breath! Wonder if this lot are going to be any better than previous owners?

we spent 800k on PP didnt we?

also had a 1+ mil bid accepted for gradel
  • Options

we spent 800k on PP didnt we?

also had a 1+ mil bid accepted for gradel
    Closer to £1 mil apprently
  • Options
    did anyone get the SLP today, what else was said in the full article?
  • Options

MrLargo said:

But you just had a moan about it : - )

You've moved on now but did you really never have a moan or feel just a little pissed off at the time?
    I was only pissed off with the new guy because he was a grade A prick. I just looked at it as a new chapter and a new adventure. That's how Yann should feel.

But were you a cult hero at your former job, Large ?

Had the manager there resurrected your career ?

Did your fellow employees chant your name /sing a song in your honour ?

yes, no and of course they did ;-)

• Options

see I don't get that. Uncertainty in my job would make me try harder, perform better. Also, uncertainty over my manager's position wouldn't affect me so why should it a footballer?

There is uncertainty in my job and all of my colleagues jobs right now. Morale is very low and productivity is suffering and I would estimate 90% are actively looking elsewhere.
  • Options

see I don't get that. Uncertainty in my job would make me try harder, perform better. Also, uncertainty over my manager's position wouldn't affect me so why should it a footballer?

There is uncertainty in my job and all of my colleagues jobs right now. Morale is very low and productivity is suffering and I would estimate 90% are actively looking elsewhere.

Can you play left back on Saturday?

: - )
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've tried very hard to see both sides of this - and as some of you will read in VOTV we have our own insights into what happened.

The club states on its website that YK was offered a contract until 2016. It is not clear to me that this is true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've tried very hard to see both sides of this - and as some of you will read in VOTV we have our own insights into what happened.

The club states on its website that YK was offered a contract until 2016. It is not clear to me that this is true.

Will that issue of VOTV be out tomorrow?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

So one of Powell or Kermorgant is a liar.

What are you talking about? Powell hasn't come out and said he chose the players that have been brought in, or that he agreed with the sales of his players. And he won't, because he didn't. He has said he understand the reasons, that's very different from agreeing with them.
    I scan read the interview and it seemed to me that Yann was saying that he hadn't been made a contract offer after the takeover. When he left Powell said he had. So who is telling fibs.
  • Options

Will that issue of VOTV be out tomorrow?
    forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59619/new-voice-of-the-valley-110-now-available#latest
  • Options

Reading that makes me miss him even more! Using the term "we" still. He didn't want to leave, if we'd offered him a contract which Powell and the majority of fans wanted he'd still be here. Unfortunately with his age RD probably thought he isn't part of the new project which is sad.

Hope he makes a success down at Bournemouth unfortunately though I can see him not feeling loved and falling out of favour there quickly if he's heart isn't in it.

I know, it gave a lump in the throat when I saw the paragraph... "Kermorgant paints a strong picture of his affection for the club, the supporters and how this has been the happiest spell of his career."
  • Options
    I was pretty angry when news came out that Yann was leaving , i bear him no ill will , i'm gutted he's gone and wanted him to stay , but we need to move on and get behind the team cos we are in a perilious state at the moment, and need the points badly , thanks for the memories Yann.
  • Options

I was pretty angry when news came out that Yann was leaving , i bear him no ill will , i'm gutted he's gone and wanted him to stay , but we need to move on and get behind the team cos we are in a perilious state at the moment, and need the points badly , thanks for the memories Yann.

Spot on !! A bit of the Wigan away support wouldn't go amiss either. Get behind the team !!

• Options
    We will find out this month whether the players coming in are good enough to keep us up and of course who else might be added as an emergency. I sense that we could have done with him staying this season BUT he was not essential for the future. The average age of the squad is set to come down rapidly and, as written in Trust News we now have 13 players on long term deals with an average age of just 22. He was due to receive an automatic contract extension after a certain number of games. The rumour is that it was just two more?
    The reality is that he is gone now and we have to move on - I appreciated his time with us, especially some of the games last season. Let's see how good the new look forward line is and that will tell us whether the club have made the right decisions.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    glad he came across as a fan of our club
    glad he confirmed that the promises from the old regime were not followed by the new regime, why should they?
    sad he admitted The biggest thing is the way it happened, they did nothing special to keep me.
    They could have said they would give me a little bit more – maybe I would have accepted the words special, more & maybe don't sit well with me
    I personally don't think what has unfolded is in the best interests for Yann or his beloved Charlton.
    I do think we would have been stronger with him & the new additions but stop well short of Southendaddicks view that "our relegation was sealed on 31 Jan" in the same way that our safety wasn't secured on Jan 31 there are a whole lot of twists and turns between now and the end of the season.

I would have really loved Yann to have been part of that but whoever he felt was to blame, he made the decision to accept the Bournemouth offer and I am not sure, for an extras year contract it is something he will look back on happily in years to come.

My son still has his name on the back of his shirt but Saturday is about finding new hero's,

In a way I hope this is the last interview he gives along these lines as he has gone now, hes not a Charlton player anymore and I am not too bothered about what he is getting up to elsewhere.