Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buyer For Standard Liege?

@BelgoFoot 'Le Soir' reporting that serious buyer is ready to pay 50 million euros for Standard Liege, twice what Duchatelet paid. He wants 60m.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Interesting development if true and a spare €10m or two chucked our way would be nice.
  • Options
    Hope he gets that 60m and invests it fully into CAFC. One can only dream
  • Options
    Just said on other thread

If it is true and if it happens where does that leave us?

Moving up a peg in the pecking order on the farm?

But where do we source our players?

Not boring this new era, is it.
  • Options
    Quick Roland transfer Michy Batshuayi to us then sell up
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well it would see us go up the pecking order plus Roland with few quid in he's back pocket , can we sign up adjeravic on a permantant first , oh and while we're at it their top scorer .
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Can see this happening.

Gets a huge profit from them, invests in us to get us to the prem and secure (Maybe at a new stadium), then sells us at a huge profit.

He's a clever man.

Who said Football can't be profitable?
  • Options
    how much are they likely to earn in the Champions League?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Can see this happening.

Gets a huge profit from them, invests in us to get us to the prem and secure (Maybe at a new stadium), then sells us at a huge profit.

He's a clever man.

Who said Football can't be profitable?

I get the impression he wants to change football a bit, or at least do success his way, so a quick buck seems against that idea, then again money talks
  • Options
    gets profit from that.

uses profit to buy West Brom / Genoa / Bordeaux / Getafe or some other top tier club
  • Options
    Could be very good news and could prove me (and others) wrong about RD's intentions to use CAFC as a nursery for Standard. Perhaps instead he is stripping a few Standard Liege assets before selling.
    I repeat, IF RD's intention is to put more eggs in the CAFC basket, long term, that can only be VERY good news indeed. We will see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Could be very good news and could prove me (and others) wrong about RD's intentions to use CAFC as a nursery for Standard. Perhaps instead he is stripping a few Standard Liege assets before selling.
    I repeat, IF RD's intention is to put more eggs in the CAFC basket, long term, that can only be VERY good news indeed. We will see

Interesting in your thought process Lincs. Other than 'optimistic hope', is there any indication in any way that that is what is happening / may happen ?

• Options
    Maybe one year down the line Roland will also look to sell us on for a profit - come back Josh Harris!
  • Options
    No different than buying and selling the right properties. Choose wisely, gut the place if necessary, renovate or give it a really good makeover and sell for a profit - move on... Little emotional attachment, simply hard nosed determination to extract value from each transaction. The good news if this is the model is that we will see better times come to make a large profit viable, however, equally we'll, as fans, continue to face the uncertainty of not knowing what comes next? I think this latest phase in our history will be fascinating from a business perspective.
  • Options

Interesting in your thought process Lincs. Other than 'optimistic hope', is there any indication in any way that that is what is happening / may happen ?

I have no idea AFKA, like most, if not all of us on here I am stumbling around in the dark looking for clues .. perhaps my most pertinent comment is the .. 'we will see' .. ((:>) .. I hope very much of course that my optimistic scenario turns out to be the correct one. Errrrrrrrrr .. we will see
  • Options
    If RD is on the verge of selling Standard and we are top of his portfolio of clubs I think we'd be seeing him moving heaven and earth to stay up and bring some quality in. Maybe he is but it isn't apparent from transfer window.
  • Options
    I doubt he'd try to strip assets from something he was trying to sell. More likely to to see highly rated youngsters go the other way
  • Options
    hearing he's interested in Champions League, so will be interesting to see how this pans out
  • Options
    Rolands club dealings sound a bit like this to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9f2rnjB84
  • Options
    If this is all true, it is normal practice to "tidy up" a business before selling it and any assets that can be disposed of which are not central to the business are disposed of with the cash increasing the value of the business. It is sensible management, not asset stripping. RD has the added option of controlling the value transferred between SL and CAFC to benefit one side or the other depending on his objectives.

• Options
    It could be like Homes Under the Hammer. Buy a club, do them up, sell them on. I hope our makeover has more fittings from John Lewis rather than Screwfix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or it leaves us with our Standard loan players recalled (as any permanent transfers to us will diminish the saleable value of SL), and no realistic prospect of replacing them until it's too late.
  • Options
    Oh god now we have to worry about more clubs than just Charlton! I think I might have a heart attack!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It could be like Homes Under the Hammer. Buy a club, do them up, sell them on. I hope our makeover has more fittings from John Lewis rather than Screwfix.

The nearest John Lewis is a long way away from the Valley, but there's a screwfix just round the corner...
  • Options
    Interesting that we currently have 9 SL players training with us including the ones signed on loan!!
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

Interesting that we currently have 9 SL players training with us including the ones signed on loan!!

Where did you find that out?

• Options
    DOC64 said:

Who?
  • Options
    We don't have 9
  • Options
    Don't know who. Heard direct from an employee at the club who would be in a position to know.
  • Options
    Reasons this would be good news for us:

1. No more Standard Liege players instead of our own
    2. More money for us - hopefully
    3. We become Roland's priority

This might explain why he's been so keen to shift so many Liege players to us. Getting the most out of them for us before he sells the club.
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

Don't know who. Heard direct from an employee at the club who would be in a position to know.

When was this?