Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Buyer For Standard Liege?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if anyone ever asked RD what his exit strategy was for Standard?

Not that we need to know what it is for Charlton, of course. It's not important and we're only fans and mustn't ask the grown ups difficult questions : - (
  • Options
    All of this makes perfect sense and the property analogy is spot on. Buy clubs from distressed owners in 2nd tier or lower then do them up and sell on. We get to enjoy the ride because we are now owned by someone who is decisive AND can afford to put in the improvements. I am afraid that there might be a nasty sting in the tail because I cannot see RD spending silly money to maintain Premier League status once achieved but that is tomorrow's problem.
    Whatever division we are in next season the biggest transition in the squad will be the over the summer with many out of contract players going. His methodology has been described well enough on here and elsewhere and I think it is one that many will like as long as people don't get too attached to individual players.
    And it makes sense that a load of SL players are trying out because some of them could become CAFC overnight if they help the squad in terms of depth or known weaknesses... And yes it will cut the costs at Liege but will also support our struggle to stay up.
  • Options
    Weekend just gone. Appreciate @JT has said it isn't' nine, but only going by what I was told. Also said felt sorry for SCP as he was very much being dictated to on things. That is all I will say for their sake.
  • Options
    Fair enough

• Options
    Standard Liege for sale. Jeez I only bought the full kit last week.
  • Options
    Sorry , can't translate the whole thing but title says 'Standard Accqusition - its accelerating!'
    http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division1/standard/rachat-du-standard-cela-s-accelere-55550d5b3570fde9b33c97b2
  • Options
    The vice president has a priority for the repurchase of the Standard.
    Surprise Thursday to the Academy where we preview Roland Duchâtelet in the company of Pierre Francois and two other persons to the Dutch accent.

A visit to the ex-director general income with his cap of CEO of the Pro League? Not! According to our information, the latter would be emissaries of ¦ Value8. The investment fund dutch had made an offer of redemption in 2011, when Margarita Louis-Dreyfus had to help to sell Standard, but the wife of case had finally concluded with RD.

Value8 would be to new candidate to the redemption. And if he has agreed to meet with them, is that the president does not exclude a priori a sale. But the case would not in good track for as much.

Especially because Bruno Venanzi, the vice president seep from, has a right to review and that he enjoys a priority on redemption. But he said, he cannot redeem only. Suddenly, the name of FRANçois Fornieri recirculated also in this folder redemption. If this track is successful, we can expect a major disruption at the level of the organizational chart.
  • Options
    I think I speak for everyone when I say "What?"
  • Options
    That cleared it up :smiley:
  • Options
    Got to love Google Translate !

Hopefully one of the Belgian guys that look in from time to time will be along to translate properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The vice president has a priority for the repurchase of the Standard.
    Surprise Thursday to the Academy where we preview Roland Duchâtelet in the company of Pierre Francois and two other persons to the Dutch accent.

A visit to the ex-director general income with his cap of CEO of the Pro League? Not! According to our information, the latter would be emissaries of ¦ Value8. The investment fund dutch had made an offer of redemption in 2011, when Margarita Louis-Dreyfus had to help to sell Standard, but the wife of case had finally concluded with RD.

Value8 would be to new candidate to the redemption. And if he has agreed to meet with them, is that the president does not exclude a priori a sale. But the case would not in good track for as much.

Especially because Bruno Venanzi, the vice president seep from, has a right to review and that he enjoys a priority on redemption. But he said, he cannot redeem only. Suddenly, the name of FRANçois Fornieri recirculated also in this folder redemption. If this track is successful, we can expect a major disruption at the level of the organizational chart.

Is this Valerian ?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    In short: RD had a meeting with 3 Reps of a Dutch investment company called "Value8". They were interested some time ago, so possibly Value 8 is renewing a bid for SL.
  • Options
    It says: Surprise visit of ex standard director (now CEO of belgian football league) with RD and 2 other dutch speaking persons to the standard academy. After asking we heard that he was not there in his function as CEO but as a representative of Value8, a dutch investment fund.
    Value8 was interested as well when Standard was sold to RD but in the end RD was able to acquire Standard Liege back then. Now they are interested again and since RD agreed to welcome them a sell is not out of the question. But for now it is not on a good track.
    They then explain that is also because Francois Fornieri (now vice president) has the 'first buy right' so basically things could get complicated.