Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ray Winstone

what the f*ck is up with this guy?!

I can't sit down to watch some football without his mug floating about the screen telling me about "Prowper odds" and to "Get on it"

used to really like him. though typed cast he's been in some pretty good films/TV dramas like 'love, honour, obey'. 'Births, marriages and deaths' and 'scum'

but thanks to all those f*cking Bet 365 adverts and him milking his hard man act he is really beginning to piss me off.

rant over.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    RIP .. no ... 'ang abaht ... for a minute I thought that he'd passed over the great divide .. and taken those 'kin 'orrible free shicks five ads wiv 'im .. mind you, I bet he is on a right good earner doing those ads .. who are they aimed at ? .. same as the Lad Brokes (cos he gambles too much) with Kamara and the Italian clown .. w t f
  • Options
    Completely agree. Can't stand the bloke. Never met him and sure his old mum loves him and all that but I've had a titfull!
  • Options
    Bet in play.....naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • Options
    Still, he has stole a career from placing a snooker ball in a sock and clattering some other herbert with it AND repeating the method in every other film he's been in...
  • Options
    Does he do the Wickes adds? If so, why does he manage to make 'wickes' a three syllable word?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Does he do the Wickes adds? If so, why does he manage to make 'wickes' a three syllable word?

I think the Wickes (from the small to the big and bulky stuff) ads are by Timothy Spall .. another set of ads which make smashing the radio an attractive proposition .. he also does 'British Gas .. taking care of your world' .. f f s
  • Options
    Whenever he says "that's a proper tool".....I think, too right.
  • Options
    The wickes ads make me cringe but spall is much more talented and likeable than Winstone
  • Options
    hahahaha .. 'ol Ray eh .. larfin all the way to the (Swiss?) bank
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Orrible hobnoxious scumbag.
  • Options
    Pretends to cry when he talks about West Ham.
  • Options

Still, he has stole a career from placing a snooker ball in a sock and clattering some other herbert with it AND repeating the method in every other film he's been in...

Scum was a good film though
  • Options

The wickes ads make me cringe but spall is much more talented and likeable than Winstone

Spot on - Spall is a much more versatile actor. Scum was a long time ago
  • Options
    Timothy Spall vs Ray Winstone is like Shane Warne vs Ian Salisbury.
  • Options
    Ray Winston always tends to play variations of the same person. He does it very well, but it is interesting that he was cast against Ben Kingsley (not too keen on him personally) in Sexy Beast. Kingsley is a pwopa actor, contrast him in Sexy Beast, with Ghandi for example, or as Anne Frank's father, he can vary it a lot which is rare in a field where actors always seem to play to type, such as Hugh Grant (with the exception of An Awfully Big Adventure).
    Some actors, even though they don't really stray a long way from similar parts, Timothy Spall for example, have a kind of sympatico feel about them you always believe it, and empathise.
    Most of the best actors do a lot of Theatre, as well as Film and TV even though the money isn't as good.
    Anyway that's my opinion, and I hate the gambling ads.
  • Options

Both appeared in Quadraphenia.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Ray Winston always tends to play variations of the same person. He does it very well, but it is interesting that he was cast against Ben Kingsley (not too keen on him personally) in Sexy Beast. Kingsley is a pwopa actor, contrast him in Sexy Beast, with Ghandi for example, or as Anne Frank's father, he can vary it a lot which is rare in a field where actors always seem to play to type, such as Hugh Grant (with the exception of An Awfully Big Adventure).
    Some actors, even though they don't really stray a long way from similar parts, Timothy Spall for example, have a kind of sympatico feel about them you always believe it, and empathise.
    Most of the best actors do a lot of Theatre, as well as Film and TV even though the money isn't as good.

I'd agree with your assessment of Winstone but Spall has had a very wide range of parts too.

He started off as the superb, unforgettable Black Country electrician Barry Taylor in Auf Wiedersehen and moved on to do other serious drama such as the lead role in the brilliant Secrets and Lies and right through to his more recent stuff like Pierpoint which was quite dark.

To be fair to Winstone he is certainly higher up the chain than the execrable Danny Dyer but not in the same league as Spall.
  • Options
    I learnt recently that his character in Breaking and Entering was based on a copper that I know. Bizarre.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I'd agree with your assessment of Winstone but Spall has had a very wide range of parts too.

He started off as the superb, unforgettable Black Country electrician Barry Taylor in Auf Wiedersehen and moved on to do other serious drama such as the lead role in the brilliant Secrets and Lies and right through to his more recent stuff like Pierpoint which was quite dark.

To be fair to Winstone he is certainly higher up the chain than the execrable Danny Dyer but not in the same league as Spall.
    Yes. I have seen Spall live on stage and he can do it. Spall is also great in his raft of Mike Leigh films.

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbE0wZaXiLI

Yes he can act, not quite as variable as someone like Daniel Day Lewis though.
    Danny Dyer can't be considered an actor can he/ I thought he was some kind of z list celebrity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Yes. I have seen Spall live on stage and he can do it. Spall is also great in his raft of Mike Leigh films.

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbE0wZaXiLI

Danny Dyer can't be considered an actor can he/ I thought he was some kind of z list celebrity.
    Great clip, not seen that before.

Day-Lewis is unbelievably good, his portrayal of Lincoln was extraordinary.
  • Options
    Daniel Day Lewis will not gain my respect until he stops taking himself so seriously and has his "Meet the Parents" moment.
  • Options
    I'm ray Winston's yeah right yeah yeah av a bang on that yeah, 2-1,3-1, where's ya tool!!!
  • Options
    Has anybody seen him in The Sweeny remake. It is quite simply laughably bad. You don't know if you are supposed to be laughing or not all the way through the film. Winston is also screwing someone half his age that makes your stomach turn. If you want to see quite possibly the worst film I can definitely recommend this one.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Daniel Day Lewis always plays the same part in films.

The ones that comes with an Oscar.
  • Options
    I thought we had signed him.
  • Options
    Ray Winstone was gods proto-type before making Danny dyer..................

Got to say though, I did enjoy the film he was in where he played a retired villian living in spain, although that was mainly down to the superb acting by Ben Kingsley (hopefully, someone here can jog my memory on what it's called).

Has anybody seen him in The Sweeny remake. It is quite simply laughably bad. You don't know if you are supposed to be laughing or not all the way through the film. Winston is also screwing someone half his age that makes your stomach turn. If you want to see quite possibly the worst film I can definitely recommend this one.

Yes, I made the mistake of watching that pile of steaming shit...................
  • Options
    That was sexy beast... Proper movie that.

Got to say though, I did enjoy the film he was in where he played a retired villian living in spain, although that was mainly down to the superb acting by Ben Kingsley (hopefully, someone here can jog my memory on what it's called).

Yes, I made the mistake of watching that pile of steaming shit...................
  • Options
    shine166 said:

That was sexy beast... Proper movie that.

That's the one. Cheers Shine............
  • Options

What came 1st....Scum or Quadrophenia?