Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ray Winstone

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scum (by 2 days)
  • Options
    Had a drink with him in Lisbon during euro 2004 and he was good company did nt give it the big one at all . But he's coming accross as a right johnson in these ads , got to earn a living I spose
  • Options
    "Get your mobiles and laptops out you c**** and give us your money! What's that, you want another one? Steve Bruce to eat Yanick Sagbo, evens!"
  • Options
    Dreadful bloke, admittedly been in some fantastic films, Quadrophenia, sexy beast, nil by mouth and scum, but took a massive stinking dump on his legacy with the Sweeney and those ads are just the cherry on top.
  • Options
    he has turned into a modern day Arthur Mullard ...now there was a cockney!

(no doubt some smart a se will google him now and discover that he went to Eton)
  • Options
    I saw them as a Double Bill at Bexleyheath ABC, Scum was on first that day.
    Scum was originally made as a TV play and was more controversial than the film. In the TV version Carlin had a relationship with his cell-mate.

Double Bills? What ever happened to them? Saw some good ones. Halloween and Assault on Precinct 13, Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice and the one mentioned above.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

(no doubt some smart a se will google him now and discover that he went to Eton)

No, but he was accused of being a nonce.
  • Options
    He's been in some dreadful films i.e Sweeney, 44 inch chest etc but then he pops up in The Departed and e's got a pretty major part in the new Russell Crowe movie.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

He's been in some dreadful films i.e Sweeney, 44 inch chest etc but then he pops up in The Departed and e's got a pretty major part in the new Russell Crowe movie.

And his daughter would get it.
  • Options
    The departed is brilliant apart from Winston's atrocious boston accent. He's still pretty good in it though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Get your mobiles and laptops out you c**** and give us your money! What's that, you want another one? Steve Bruce to eat Yanick Sagbo, evens!"
  • Options

I thought we had signed him.

2-1 on.
  • Options
    Can't stand those adverts.

"Get your mobiles and laptops arrrtt"

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I saw them as a Double Bill at Bexleyheath ABC, Scum was on first that day.
    Scum was originally made as a TV play and was more controversial than the film. In the TV version Carlin had a relationship with his cell-mate.

Double Bills? What ever happened to them? Saw some good ones. Halloween and Assault on Precinct 13, Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice and the one mentioned above.

Could never understand why they did the re-make as the original was better IMO..............................
  • Options
    Croydon said:

noah.. quite apt for the weather at the mo..
  • Options
    Spall and Winstone have also appeared on screen together in Auf Wiedersehen Pet. It was the episode were the gang went away fishing in the German countryside for the weekend and befriended a British army runaway....which was played by a young Winstone.
  • Options
    I know I'm a bit Mutt & Jeff these days but I really do have trouble understanding what he is mumbling except, unfortunately, in the betting ads. He's developed into a professional cockney in the same way Gilla and Yarby became professional scousers (though this has been taken to new heightsl by the scatter gun approach of scouser Jamie Carragher who really should carry sub-titles around with him).

I also wonder about the betting companies and their use of the likes of RW and 'Razor' Ruddock to persuade us to bet. Is this the image they really want to project and do they think football watchers are all Neanderthals to be spoken to as such?

SCUM SPOILER ALERT: might have been mentioned above but to achieve in one take the scene where Carlin uses the snooker balls, he's seen leaving the game room and waling into the next room but his right hand and the sock are momentarily out of shot as a member of the film crew is lying on the floor and swaps the socks over. Thus Carlin gives the bloke a damn good thrashing with a sock full of Ping-Pong balls. Some 'Daddy', eh?

• Options
    Croydon said:

noah.. quite apt for the weather at the mo..
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Most of the best actors do a lot of Theatre, as well as Film and TV even though the money isn't as good.

I think you'll find that Winstone has done an awful lot of theatre work some of it very good quality too. I remember
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    He is actually a sound bloke, has been in some big film and TV shows, is well connected and away from acting is a family man. He is also a big drinker, likes football lives in Essex and enjoys the odd flutter. He always comes to The Valley when we play West Ham so an all round diamond geezer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    barstool said:

He is actually a sound bloke, has been in some big film and TV shows, is well connected and away from acting is a family man. He is also a big drinker, likes football lives in Essex and enjoys the odd flutter. He always comes to The Valley when we play West Ham so an all round diamond geezer

what you getting him for Valentine's?

• Options
    Another plus for spall is that he is a south East Londoner f
    lolwray said:

In the 70's I often would go to the Arsenal with my mate ( he was a gunner not me ) we would often see old Arthur sitting on the wall outside the block of flats in highbury where he lived.
  • Options
    think Ray winstone is brilliant , I love all you lot who are true thespians looking at the finer points in the art of acting,

if you want a hard man London villain or hero Rays the man,