Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your like/lol/abuse count

Comments

• Options
    I think people use the flagging button a bit too often to be honest. I have 9 flags 5 of which were because I don't rate london as a city (when compared to Rome or L.A two very different cities just to make it clear I don't favour one type of city but London is 50 times the city Paris is). Anyway that shits another matter... Stop flagging eachother over little disagreements unless ABUSE is actually being given.
  • Options
    Im worried that my lol count is catching up with my likes.

I have a very stressful life.
  • Options

Is an abuse equal to a like?

You can't self-like on this forum; how is it with self-abuse?
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

Promotes definitely get a good score as they are as rare as Charlton Athletic promotions.

I have 617 likes and 1 promote (no abuse) but 5000 odd posts so what's the calculation? I have a feeling I'm not going to like this game...
    Well. 5,000 / 617 = 8.1
    The promote should move up to at least 7.1.

Sadie Jane, the scoring probably would only make good sense as the LOL / Likes have only been around for a while. So maybe many of your comments did not have the opportunity to be appreciated.
    The solution to that is obvious. Everyone has to read every post since the beginning of the forum and Like, etc. accordingly.
  • Options

vff said:

vff said:

Promotes definitely get a good score as they are as rare as Charlton Athletic promotions.

I have 617 likes and 1 promote (no abuse) but 5000 odd posts so what's the calculation? I have a feeling I'm not going to like this game...
    Well. 5,000 / 617 = 8.1
    The promote should move up to at least 7.1.

Sadie Jane, the scoring probably would only make good sense as the LOL / Likes have only been around for a while. So maybe many of your comments did not have the opportunity to be appreciated.
    The solution to that is obvious. Everyone has to read every post since the beginning of the forum and Like, etc. accordingly.
    This is a good point how many people I wonder have a fistful of backdated likes and Lols from old threads? It's something to do when you're bored I suppose.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think people use the flagging button a bit too often to be honest. I have 9 flags 5 of which were because I don't rzate london as a city (when compared to Rome or L.A two very different cities just to make it clear I don't favour one type of city but London is 50 times the city Paris is). Anyway that shits another matter... Stop flagging eachother over little disagreements unless ABUSE is actually being given.

Knew that'd draw a flag. At least I have an even number now!
  • Options
    I've broken the 1k mark on LOLs.

I just wish you bastards would take me more seriously.................
  • Options
    still only 38 flags, the powell lovers must be getting over Jehovah getting the push.

shit I said it again
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I think people use the flagging button a bit too often to be honest. I have 9 flags 5 of which were because I don't rzate london as a city (when compared to Rome or L.A two very different cities just to make it clear I don't favour one type of city but London is 50 times the city Paris is). Anyway that shits another matter... Stop flagging eachother over little disagreements unless ABUSE is actually being given.

Knew that'd draw a flag. At least I have an even number now!
    And back to uneven :o(
    This does not help my ocd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is that better?
  • Options
    I've noticed over the last few days that if you hovver your cursor over the like, lol or abuse, it no longer shows you who clicked it.

Personally, I always like to know who my friends/ enemies are....................
  • Options

10 likes away from 1k

Sycophant
  • Options

I've noticed over the last few days that if you hovver your cursor over the like, lol or abuse, it no longer shows you who clicked it.

Personally, I always like to know who my friends/ enemies are....................

I noticed that. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    vff said:

Another way to gauge the quality is to divide the number of comments by your points count (like count - minus abuse) to give a figure.

636 Like / 147 LOL / 1 abuse / comments 2074

2074 / 635= 3.26

That makes the quality score as 3.26.

The lower the score the higher your rating. Simple.

Shouldn't you divide your "likes" by "comments" to get a more meaningful figure - ie yours would be 0.30665, on the basis that that is the number of likes you get per post. Or as a percentage (just over 32%).
  • Options
    Soooo tempted to flag you @tangoflash‌
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Seems to be working at the moment VG, good job I never dished out those flags I was contemplating yesterday, can't beat a sly dig :-0
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    PL54 said:

10 likes away from 1k

Sycophant
    and proud
  • Options

vff said:

Another way to gauge the quality is to divide the number of comments by your points count (like count - minus abuse) to give a figure.

636 Like / 147 LOL / 1 abuse / comments 2074

2074 / 635= 3.26

That makes the quality score as 3.26.

The lower the score the higher your rating. Simple.

Shouldn't you divide your "likes" by "comments" to get a more meaningful figure - ie yours would be 0.30665, on the basis that that is the number of likes you get per post. Or as a percentage (just over 32%).
    Now I'm going to wash down those pills I've been hoarding with a bottle of cheap whisky.
  • Options

iphone you couldn't see but on ipad i could , now i can't on either but still can see on laptop
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iphone you couldn't see but on ipad i could , now i can't on either but still can see on laptop
    Could it be the varifocals @oohaahmortimer‌ ? :-)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Soooo tempted to flag you @tangoflash‌

Well, at least I know what camp you're in...........
  • Options
    I am on 777 likes

I am hopeful that is a lucky sign that we are going to sign a decent goal scoring striker and midfielder that will lift the team to be competitive and attractive to watch.

Also that Charlton will score a lots of goals and surprise everyone, including myself.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think people use the flagging button a bit too often to be honest. I have 9 flags 5 of which were because I don't rate london as a city (when compared to Rome or L.A two very different cities just to make it clear I don't favour one type of city but London is 50 times the city Paris is). Anyway that shits another matter... Stop flagging eachother over little disagreements unless ABUSE is actually being given.

Aw c'mon Daz, you deserve flagging if you think the dull crap hole that is LA is better than London? Walk of fame, Mangs Chinese and Capitol tower, well that's the tourist attractions done in about ten minutes then. I suppose it gives you time for a quick meal before they start slinging you out of restaurants at 10PM... ;-)

I can't see who is clicking LOLs etc on my laptop either, BTW.
  • Options
    vff said:

I am on 777 likes

I am hopeful that is a lucky sign that we are going to sign a decent goal scoring striker and midfielder that will lift the team to be competitive and attractive to watch.

Also that Charlton will score a lots of goals and surprise everyone, including myself.

Sorry if I ruined it.............;-)
  • Options
    The not seeing LOLs appears to be a time out issue, right click and reload the page tends to work for me (or the F5 button if its not set to turn the mouse pad off on your laptop). After many years in IT the recent news that our hosting was to be "upgraded" immediately had me suspicious!
  • Options

vff said:

I am on 777 likes

Sorry if I ruined it.............;-)

Don't worry @tangoflash. Hopefully having reached the magic figure, the happy results will be seen over the next 7 days !
  • Options
    I think Hales_Uppercut has had my favourite CL posting career of anyone recently. Just incredible stuff :D
  • Options

Is an abuse equal to a like?

You can't self-like on this forum; how is it with self-abuse?
    I had 5 flags for suggesting that George Tucadean would be a un available because it was the fruit picking season.Jim Davison humour. As for self abuse i would get top marks for that
  • Options
    Some fudger had flagged me now. You wait til I find my laptop and get my revenge