Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Missing Friend

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy. Good luck with this. As a matter of interest, how old is your friend? You said he had no prior issues. This kind of mental illness often starts occurring around the 19/20 age range.
  • Options
    Whats his name Jimmy etc, can raise awareness on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The gent is 33, I have put the feelers out in Horley and Brighton. I have friends and family in both places so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    ok Jimmy. Good luck. Hopefully this is just a temporary blip.
  • Options
    Jimmy - if he's on a section, Plod will be alerted anyway (by law). If he's got enough insight to take £200 out of a cash machine he has a plan and my guess is it's nothing to worry about. Everyone on a section wants to get out, so try and relax. He will turn up when the money runs out...
  • Options
    good news Jimmy. Hope he is better soon.
  • Options
    Jimmy, you are a good friend and a good person. Well done.
  • Options
    Good news, JiMMY.

Mental illness is a tough one.

• Options
    Jimmy- 90% of people that have been sectioned hate being banged-up on a mental health ward and just want to get out. ( My job involves dealing with this kind of thing, albeit indirectly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news Jimmy. Wish your friend a speedy recovery.

• Options
    Great news mate - had something similar happen with a cousin of mine a few years ago and it didn't end as well so I can only imagine the relief you must be feeling.
  • Options
    Great news Jimmy. Only just saw this thread and I'm really pleased it seems to have a good outcome.

You sound like a really, really good mate to have, Jimmy. Your friend's a lucky guy.
  • Options
    Good news, I was hoping something like this would happen.
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Brilliant news, I now wish him all the best on his road to recovery.
  • Options
    Great stuff Jimmy, now relax and have glass of something cold.
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    Great news jimmy it's great he's got people looking out for him.
    Rememberus?bad untimely chain of events and it could happen to anyone of us?
  • Options
    Fantastic news. I didn't know what to say so didn't get involved earlier but I've been watching this thread all day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news! I've been keeping an eye on this thread.
  • Options

Great news! I've been keeping an eye on this thread.

I must say I always thought you were a troll or a WUM but recently you've been proving my initial thoughts wrong.
  • Options
    Fair play Jimmy, you're a good friend
  • Options
    Good news Jimmy, glad to hear he is safe. Have found myself in the same position with my brother going missing whilst suffering from mental health problems so can fully appreciate how helpless you feel. Hopefully your friend will get the help he needs to make a full recovery.
  • Options
    brilliant news Jimmy I am very glad he has been found,
  • Options
    Great news, Jimmy.

Trust you'll be able to sleep sounder tonight.
  • Options
    Great news Jimmy hope your friend makes a full recovery very soon
  • Options
    You're all very kind, but I have to admit, if I'd stayed in touch with him a bit more regularly I wouldn't have been so surprised by the turn of events.

The best thing to come out of this is that he's made a choice to go back. After avoiding his meds and such for a month, this is the first time that he's accepted, even sought help. It's very promising.

Again, thank you for your advice and ideas, too many to name check but I read all of them and took it all on board. Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    As well as looking after your friend Jimmy, look after yourself.

Take care.
  • Options
    Good news Jimmy. Your mate is very lucky to have a friend like you who cares so much. I wish you and your friend all the best.