Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wind tonight

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell my wife's just blown off , sod it I'll look for her in the morning :-))
  • Options
    Just got in to find all my fence panels in a crumpled heap in the back garden. Rather annoying
  • Options
    Travelled down from Sidcup to Near Dorchester. Wet and windy until Ringwood. Every road closed due to fallen trees towards Dorchester. Got a 4 and 2 year old in the car and I'm driving over branches waiting for next tree to fall.

Keep on seeing the same people stopping in pubs trying to head west.

Gave up and found a pub in Wareham with a room, listening to the wind and thinking thank fuck we are inside. It got very very scary.

Bit stupid heading down in this but probably would have been okay an hour earlier.
  • Options
    twice tonight the wind has lifted the knocker on the front door and made me go & check if there is anyone there....
  • Options

twice tonight the wind has lifted the knocker on the front door and made me go & check if there is anyone there....

You sound a bit jumpy @golfaddick, you haven't got any enemies have you? :-0
  • Options

Travelled down from Sidcup to Near Dorchester. Wet and windy until Ringwood. Every road closed due to fallen trees towards Dorchester. Got a 4 and 2 year old in the car and I'm driving over branches waiting for next tree to fall.

Gave up and found a pub in Wareham with a room, listening to the wind and thinking thank fuck we are inside. It got very very scary.

Bit stupid heading down in this but probably would have been okay an hour earlier.

Sounds awful thank god you and kiddies are safe!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Take care guys. It's stupidly windy up here still. As bad/ or nearly as bad, as any night recently.

Have a drink or even breakfast in The Black Bear tomorrow.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/30/30391/Black_Bear_Hotel/Wareham
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You sound a bit jumpy @golfaddick, you haven't got any enemies have you? :-0
    what, nice old me........?? :)
  • Options
    60mph driven horizontal rain all day.

On my tiny piece of Cornish hillside, it's finally stopped raining, the clouds parted with a stunning full moon and next door's tree dancing like a whirling dervish.

Went out in the garden lit up by the silvery moonlight, quite exhilarating feeling the energy of gale force winds on your face.

• Options
    Powercut pretty much all evening due to the wind, came back at 1 on the dot.

First time I've had to sit with a book and a candle in years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

60mph driven horizontal rain all day.

On my tiny piece of Cornish hillside, it's finally stopped raining, the clouds parted with a stunning full moon and next door's tree dancing like a whirling dervish.

Went out in the garden lit up by the silvery moonlight, quite exhilarating feeling the energy of gale force winds on your face.

fecking hippies, this weather is all your lots fault

• Options
    Well the string done its job !!!
  • Options
    In work at the moment blanket 50mph speed restriction on great western .driver just came in from kettering on st pancras line said 50mph maximum speed also might be worth checking those travelling looks set for along day.
  • Options
    Oggy you could publish that as a poem
  • Options
    Lost half an aerial from my roof last night. Sky dish is still there tho'.

Team coach left here about 6.45 this morning. Could be a rough journey.

• Options

Just blown our closed bathroom window wide open, though the whole unit had been blown out at first

What the hell did you eat?

• Options
    Just been outside and picked a pair of big old bloomers off me car Ariel.
  • Options
    If anyone has been to the Naish Holiday Estate in Highcliffe; you may well have dined/walked past the Marine Restaurant in Milford on Sea.
    Absolutely trashed last night; a tidal surge brought in shingle and rocks etc. Thirty two people had to be rescued. Very very scary.
  • Options

Been out for a beer in Sidcup. The walk from The Taylors Chalk to the Bus Stop was mental. It must be gusting upwards of 70-80mph. Was difficult to stand at times.

That was the beer not the wind ;0)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    >60mph driven horizontal rain all day.

Sounds like a typical Cornish summer Oggy.

• Options

Just blown our closed bathroom window wide open, though the whole unit had been blown out at first

What the hell did you eat?

Picallili!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Had a walk to the top of the road just now. Going to be a lot of people out shopping for a new beach hut on Monday. Such a shame too, people love their huts and they are a home from home for a lot. Loads of kiddies bits and pieces, boogey boards, tables, crockery, furniture, etc, just smashed to pieces and all over the prom at the mo'.

imageimage
  • Options
    Safely arrived at our destination this morning. Thanks for the concern. Last night was 'different gravy'.

Stayed at the Red Lion in Wareham CE, so got a beer there at about 11. Plus a great breakfast this morning.

Apparently, they had 4 rooms left and they all went about 1030-11 to those who couldn't get West, so we were lucky.

Previously, we had stopped off at a pub called The Silent Women Inn down a flooded road in Wareham Forest that we had been redirected down, only for that road to be closed also due to a fallen tree.

Into the Inn we took the children, Mrs ET was almost hysterical as we couldn't escape from this maelstrom. This wasn't helped by one of the locals saying the tree had fallen into the car and there was a fatality, which I was dubious about. A minute later she said they was nothing to worry about.

The manager was pretty helpful and at one point I was going to ask to sleep in the bar, this was before one of their dogs ran off into the Forest and they all madly followed.

Later, we heard to road was cleared and made a move, those two miles until we made the next A road (which was then shut further along also) was some of the most worried I have been in a car.

Eventful.

• Options
    Enjoy your holiday EastTerrace & all :-)

PS Surprised they let you in The Silent Women. Not much chance of that :-)
  • Options
    Live in Bexley and the wind has taken most of the ridge tiles off my neighbours new roof. Pretty scarey hearing them crash to the ground. Miraculously, they missed the cars at the front and the garden furniture at the back.
  • Options
    Had a little drive early this morning and was very surprised just how little damage there seemed to be
  • Options
    This is the promenade in Brighton not the beach!
  • Options

Never heard of Knockdown Ginger, golfie ?