Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pressure on Wednesday?

All of a sudden this is a massive game for the massive's... but will they bottle it? Likely to be a decent crowd when the replay is played and surely they will have more motivation to win. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Pressure is definitely on them as we are poor.
  • Options
    They are the favourites and all the media hype especially if it is on television will surround Wednesday.

Sure that will suit us.
  • Options
    Can't see us beating Wednesday tbh with the extra incentive of facing Sheffield Utd.
  • Options
    It'll suit us, we may as well relocate to Yorkshire the amount of games we play up there.
  • Options
    Don't fancy our chances with weds latest addition look a strong team and they will
    Be fired up relishing a local derby
  • Options
    Yes I think that it could be a massive, excuse the expression, anti climax for Wednesday. All the hope and excitement of the possibility of a Sheffield derby then little old Charlton do em.
  • Options
    All of a sudden I think the Wednesday game has become a massive (no pun intended) opportunity for Charlton. Got a good feeling about it too.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Funny ain't it. If it was roles reversed and we had the chance to play Millwall or Palace in the quarters, most of us would want us to go out before it got to that stage!

Summing up in a nutshell a major problem with us as a club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jako will have to do them over with a free kick on each and we're at Wemberley.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Can't see us beating Wednesday tbh with the extra incentive of facing Sheffield Utd.

This. Worse possible result (for us) was Sheff U winning. They were 1-0 down at half time & knew the draw when they came in after 45 mins - wouldn't be surprised if that didn't spur them on to beat Forest & I fear this will be the same for Sheff Wed
  • Options
    Re the OP, what replay?
  • Options
    Lets hope the press and Wednesday keep building up the Sheffield Derby for the Quarter-Finals... Chris Powell's teamtalk will be done for him
  • Options
    Wednesday should be beating little teams like Charlton.
  • Options
    Knowing us we will beat Chef Wendy and lose to Nigel's lot.
  • Options
    Think it will help us as Wednesday will be distracted by the potential derby and our players will be up for it, with an us vs the country attitude as the media will be wanting us to lose.
  • Options
    Liverpool were probably looking forwards to the merseyside derby too today. We will go into the game as potential party poopers and for some reason - that tends to be quite a successful approach in the cup.
  • Options
    Or it will give us an extra spring in our step? 12th man, we'll die to win this one, mark my words.
  • Options
    That's how we want it Piggy! I think this has helped us more than you, but we will see!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Charlton will not be up for it as much as us, plus we're on home turf with even more fans than before turning up.

We were favourites anyway, so this just puts it more in our favour.

Put it this way, if it's 1-1 with 10 minutes left who's going to be busting a gut to score the winner.

NOT Marvin Sordell or Simon Church that's for sure.

It'll be Maguire/Afobe/Best/Lavery/Antonio/Maghoma etc with the fans practically sucking the ball into the net.

I have never been more confident about winning a game."

obviously hasn't heard of Pete the pole!

• Options

Or it will give us an extra spring in our step? 12th man, we'll die to win this one, mark my words.

Your fans will. Most of your players wont give a shit.
  • Options
    if we can beat Huddersfield away in the cup why should the Wendies be any more difficult?
    we have the same players available except for Stephens and Alnwick, plus we have Reza and PP
  • Options

You really think so? I beg to differ.

• Options

It'll suit us, we may as well relocate to Yorkshire the amount of games we play up there.

See, I was ahead of time. Taken a few years but.........
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Why would they?

If you are playing them then they would raise their game but I hate to break to you but i doubt very much that it is any of your players ambitions to play a sheffield derby.

We will now fuck this up for you.
  • Options
    We can argue who wants it more but the test will be the game. Let's wait for that :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Why would they?

If you are playing them then they would raise their game but I hate to break to you but i doubt very much that it is any of your players ambitions to play a sheffield derby.

We will now fuck this up for you.
    HaHa, dream on.......you saying Charlton players wouldn't be up for a Millwall or Palace QF had this been the other way round?

Even you're players are tweeting about us tonight.

• Options
    If this had been a Millwall or Palace QF, I'd be giving it up now tbh. That is the Charlton way.
  • Options
    All valid points but it means more to the fans than the players now days. The carrot for a lot of these players will be a decent chance of a Wembley semi.