Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pressure on Wednesday?

Comments

• Options

If this had been a Millwall or Palace QF, I'd be giving it up now tbh. That is the Charlton way.

You fans might but I bet the Charlton players would be buzzing about such a tie.
  • Options
    My dads harder than your dad!!!
  • Options

Or it will give us an extra spring in our step? 12th man, we'll die to win this one, mark my words.

Your fans will. Most of your players wont give a shit.
    You really think so? I beg to differ.

Why would they?

If you are playing them then they would raise their game but I hate to break to you but i doubt very much that it is any of your players ambitions to play a sheffield derby.

We will now fuck this up for you.
    HaHa, dream on.......you saying Charlton players wouldn't be up for a Millwall or Palace QF had this been the other way round?

Even you're players are tweeting about us tonight.

If you think this means the same to your players than the fans then you are truly deluded. Big chance for either team to get to wembley. You should be hoping your players are concentrating on Charlton and not sheff utd.
  • Options

Or it will give us an extra spring in our step? 12th man, we'll die to win this one, mark my words.

Why would they?

If you are playing them then they would raise their game but I hate to break to you but i doubt very much that it is any of your players ambitions to play a sheffield derby.

HaHa, dream on.......you saying Charlton players wouldn't be up for a Millwall or Palace QF had this been the other way round?

If you think this means the same to your players than the fans then you are truly deluded. Big chance for either team to get to wembley. You should be hoping your players are concentrating on Charlton and not sheff utd.
    Of course they will be concentrating on Charlton but they will also know by winning you they will get to play in a Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday F.A Cup Quarter-Final with the winners playing at Wembley, so as I said from the start, this game has just taken a totally different dimension.
  • Options
    If the Wendys don't beat us. It will feel to them like that have had shit during sex.
  • Options
    That was meant to say "Have had a shit during sex"
  • Options
    lol
  • Options

Why would they?

Most of our players have not heard of either of those two clubs
  • Options

MSE7 said:

If the Wendys don't beat us. It will feel to them like that have had shit during sex.

Mate you're one oddball

Whatever Trevor. Just make sure you don't shit the bed ya Norman....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MSE7 said:

Still odd to be fair.
  • Options
    I'm one of the most negative people around and think we will lose nearly every time we play. However, never have I been more sure we will win a game than the one at Sheffield Wednesday. Absolute certainty in my opinion and not worried in the slightest.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

MSE7 said:

Still odd to be fair.
    I was thinking more decadent
  • Options

Don't fancy our chances with weds latest addition look a strong team and they will
    Be fired up relishing a local derby

And die if you don't!

• Options
    Charlton will not be up for it as much as us, plus we're on home turf with even more fans than before turning up.

We were favourites anyway, so this just puts it more in our favour.

Put it this way, if it's 1-1 with 10 minutes left who's going to be busting a gut to score the winner.

NOT Marvin Sordell or Simon Church that's for sure.

It'll be Maguire/Afobe/Best/Lavery/Antonio/Maghoma etc with the fans practically sucking the ball into the net.

SCP could do worse than to pin this to the wall - I'm sure Morro and Woody would appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    May inspire Sordell and Church as well
  • Options
    cafcdan18 said:

May inspire Sordell and Church as well

it shouldn't make a difference to either of them as I'm hoping they wont be playing and we will have Reza & Peter the Pole up front.

• Options
    Some fairly embarrassing posting here from my fellow CAFC fans. Wednesday's players will be bang up for this - it'll be their most-desired game of the season excepting maybe Leeds (h) and the Sheffield derby if they beat us. Their fans will be crazy for it. Everyone will really, really want to win.

Which would make it even better and funnier if we did :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If Wednesday do beat us and get their much anticipted game v the Blades , will the game be moved to Wembley to fit all their supporters in?
  • Options
    Well I'm glad Wednesday never kick their fans in the teeth, like Charlton has done to us pretty regularly in the past!!!!I must have mistaken them for another team in recent years lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MSE7 said:

MSE7 said:

Mate you're one oddball

Whatever Trevor. Just make sure you don't shit the bed ya Norman....

I'm with piggy here, you're a proper weirdo.
  • Options

If Wednesday do beat us and get their much anticipted game v the Blades , will the game be moved to Wembley to fit all their supporters in?

Nah we did that for the semi in 93.
  • Options
    We will beat SW and lose to United. It is written...
  • Options
    Is it still going to be the same ref in the rescheduled game? Because that would make it Clattenburg, on which basis I would feel fairly confident in writing off our chances. Wednesday have the home advantage, a potential derby clash to look forward to. We've got half an eye on relegation, no particular motivation in the next round tie, and that twat in the middle of it all. Eeyore is a Charlton fan, or he should be!
  • Options
    masicat said:

We will beat SW and lose to United. It is written...

Sadly - this is the scenario that keeps jumping into my head!
  • Options
    Seeing as Sheff Utd have knocked out Villa, Fulham & Forest so far I would not be expecting us to roll over them.
  • Options

Seeing as Sheff Utd have knocked out Villa, Fulham & Forest so far I would not be expecting us to roll over them.

Nor me - but we need to cros sthat bridge when we come to it. Wednesday are already crossing that bridge now.
  • Options
    Operation Pig will go AWOL for weeks if they beat us then lose to United
  • Options

This is exactly the scenario I believe will happen, gonna put money on it!
  • Options

Sheffield United will come good.