Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential Sheffield United allocation

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
There are 5,700 seats in the away - Jessica Ennis - stand at Bramall Lane, with 3,000 in the lower tier and the rest in the upper tier. Under the competition rules, visiting teams are entitled to 15 per cent of capacity, which is 4,800 but in practice I should think it's 3,000 or 5,700.

The game would be televised and I assume Wednesday would get 5,700 (subject to police interference). While United can't sell tickets in the away end prior to the Wednesday-Charlton tie being resolved, I'm a little concerned that the inexperience at Charlton might lead them to accept a 3,000 allocation as the lower risk option without considering whether we might sell 5,700.

I also think that to take 5,700 for a televised game might require a level of intervention over travel - not necessarily free travel, but maybe subsidised. Bear in mind the club would make a shedload of cash from a capacity sixth round tie, so that's not unreasonable.

Although it will seem premature to discuss this as we may lose to Wednesday, it will probably be too late after the rearranged game and even possible replay because decisions will have been made. Personally I'd be pushing for 5,700 - if we can take that number to Boro for a televised Thursday night game, there's no reason we can't take it to Sheffield at a weekend. But we may need to push the club in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    Pointless post ;-) its writen in the stars for a steel city derby..
  • Options

Charlton still in the cup in February and the potential to jump up and down in Jessica Ennis' End.

I will never moan about my life again

I was tempted to make a joke about getting inside the lovely Jess but thought better of it.
  • Options
    As soon as I saw Jessice Ennis' name I knew they would be some innuendo.

I suspected Shag or Dave Mehmet to gett in there first but it was AFKA. : - )
  • Options

Apologies, she's on my worldy list.

Worth it as well as she is now appearing on the ad on my left. Gonna hope typing 'Kelly Brook's breasts' has the same effect !

• Options

Worth it as well as she is now appearing on the ad on my left. Gonna hope typing 'Kelly Brook's breasts' has the same effect !

Jessica Ennis is a just married pregnant lady, behave :-)
  • Options

I shall try...... The Saturdays play fighting naked in yoghurt.

• Options

Agree with Airman. Ask for both upper and lower sections if we beat Wednesday.

Suspect capacity of stand will be less anyway to allow for segregation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just want to see the photo of 5,699 red-scarfed Charlton fans at Bramall Lane, with Michael Vaughan looking glum in the middle.
  • Options
    We SHOULD be able to take 5,700 - and I think if we had that allocation then we would be able to do it.

However, this is Charlton Athletic, who just about scraped 1,000 away at Carlisle when we won promotion.
  • Options

Oh to be in Jess's innuendo ;-)... (that's as good a drooling, winky, smiley thing I can come up with!!)

Anyway...good post Rick. It does need to be thought about, although I hate doing that with a little obstacle still in the way, called the wendies. Would definitely be up for another trip up, as would my dad and nephew who didn't make the trip on Saturday, especially with pal now at the Blades. Although I suspect he's hoping for a steel city derby!
  • Options
    Would Sheffield Wednesday be given all 5,700 ticket... yes this is an FA Cup clash but its also a fierce Derby and police will surely have a say in the matter and they'll demand that there be restrictions...

Especially if it somehow gets put as a 5:15 or 4pm Kick-Off on the Saturday or Sunday which allows the fans to drink (Doubt this'll happen anyway)
  • Options
    I think our QF has already been penciled in as the early kick off in case sheff wed get there.

• Options
    It is also becoming slightly comical
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Jessica Ennis is a just married pregnant lady, behave :-)
    Yeah, someone's already managed to get a seat in her lower tier......
  • Options
    We could take 5,700 to an FA Cup quarter final even if it was at 4am on a Thursday morning.
  • Options
    Have to remember we are cert to be the Sat or Sun lunchtime game, in case Wednesday get there.
    If it is Wednesday they will be given the full 5,700 - i'm sure they have many times in the past.
    And that stand does not need segregating so thats irrelevant.
    I'm sure we can fill the whole stand!! A quarter final away against a team below us, only 2hrs on the train, for a place at Wembley!!
    When are the dates likely to be agreed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We could take 5,700 to an FA Cup quarter final even if it was at 4am on a Thursday morning.

What is it, the Joy of Six or something :-)

3rd - 550
    4th - 382
    5th - est. 400-600
    6th - 5,700
  • Options
    Why do we have to even discuss this. We are favourites not to be involved in this match. Let's think about it when it is actually a decision to be made.
  • Options
    Also if we got the Sunday lunchtime slot it looks impossible to get there in time by train!?!
    In which case could a special/s be laid on do you think Airman?
  • Options
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. A bit like the Wednesday fans already assuming they will be playing Sheff U.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Also if we got the Sunday lunchtime slot it looks impossible to get there in time by train!?!
    In which case could a special/s be laid on do you think Airman?

Might be possible if the fifth round game is resolved next Monday - very difficult if it goes to a replay, I should think. Say that was at The Valley on Tuesday, March 4th, you'd only have five days to Sunday to organise it. Complete chaos at the Charlton end, but I think the sixth round would still be played that weekend or maybe Monday night because the police would only be interested in what they have to do at the Sheffield end and it wouldn't be significantly different for them whoever wins (they will plan for SW and maybe scale back numbers if it's us), while the FA/TV will want it played. Even the coach logistics are horrendous.
  • Options
    A winnable FA Cup quarter final could grab people's imagination. Especially if we pick up in the League.
  • Options
    Lets get the Wednesday game out the way first, how silly will this thread look if we get beat. Plus I do not agree that Sheff Utd is "winnable" as their cup form is a lot better than ours based on opposition. It will be a tough game if we get through as Forest found out.
  • Options

Lets get the Wednesday game out the way first, how silly will this thread look if we get beat. Plus I do not agree that Sheff Utd is "winnable" as their cup form is a lot better than ours based on opposition. It will be a tough game if we get through as Forest found out.

Are you saying Sheffield United will come good or Sheffield United have come good?

:-)
  • Options
    I think the point is that IF we best Sheffield Wednesday (es if it goes to a replay), it will then be too late to have some of these discussions in time to implement them for the Quarter final game.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Are you saying Sheffield United will come good or Sheffield United have come good?

:-)
    Ha, ha, still room for improvement :-)