Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Potential Sheffield United allocation

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good to raise the issue and I hope the relevant people are in touch / have a think about numbers and travel arrangements.
    The bigger point is that fans should have a say, some influence and provide some time and effort to get things working.
    There are new owners and the club staff and management do not "always know best"! That's been our tradition and why we have thrived in the past. There will always be an element who sit back...and some who complain or champion unworkable ideas. But the process of reaching decisions and improving things WITH fan participation can only strengthen the fabric of the club.
  • Options
    Sensible to think ahead and, if we get through, we should certainly push for an allocation of 5,700.
  • Options

Have to remember we are cert to be the Sat or Sun lunchtime game, in case Wednesday get there.
    If it is Wednesday they will be given the full 5,700 - i'm sure they have many times in the past.
    And that stand does not need segregating so thats irrelevant.
    I'm sure we can fill the whole stand!! A quarter final away against a team below us, only 2hrs on the train, for a place at Wembley!!
    When are the dates likely to be agreed?

They actually had a strange segregation at the last steel city derby where Wednesday fans couldn't use the two sets nearest the aisles on each block in the upper tier. It looked very strange and god knows what the point of it was.
  • Options
    I realise that the TV companies would have a say in the kick-off times.
    However, I reckon there is a fair chance of a Sunday lunchtime kick-off. The Sheffield derbies are virtually all Sunday lunchtime starts and I reckon that scenario will have to be considered.
  • Options
    Seems so many people on this site have no idea when it comes to arranging coach or train travel for abig game like this.You have to think ahead asap.And yes i have done both for CASC.
    Go for the 5700seats we will fill them.
    Question for Airman how many did we take to Utd back in 1992 fa cup can not find my records at the moment.
  • Options

Seems so many people on this site have no idea when it comes to arranging coach or train travel for abig game like this.You have to think ahead asap.And yes i have done both for CASC.
    Question for Airman how many did we take to Utd back in 1992 fa cup can not find my records at the moment.

10,000....it was 94.
  • Options

10,000....it was 94.
    Sheffield Utd away FA Cup replay 4th round Feb 1992 .
  • Options
    Aprox 2000 fans, 16 coaches
  • Options
    This thread definitely wins the prize for getting ahead of yourself award so far this year.
  • Options
    This thread definitely wins the prize for getting ahead of yourself award so far this year. On looking on Newsnow, I saw an article posted up on Vital Nottingham that Forest were given a home draw, and then promptly conceeded 3 goals and exited the Cup.

What ever happened to one game at a time ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes.
    And the one game we need to focus on is QPR this Saturday.
    Saying that, if we get a replay it's going to get frantic squared.
  • Options

10,000....it was 94.
    Sheffield Utd away FA Cup replay 4th round Feb 1992 .
    Sorry mate wrong United & year.
  • Options
    probably stay in nottingham night before then train from there to sheffield runs all day. any excuse for hooters
  • Options
    Fair point Large, and broadly agree. Just (in my opinion) there was a way of bringing the subject debate to the table without the 'worries about their inexperience' angle, that's all.
  • Options
    but that is the worry though isn't it? Firstly, that someone (KM, BK, SB) will accept the 3,000 offered thinking that is sufficient and secondly that no-one there would have organised something so big logistically. I think it's a more than fair point to make.
  • Options
    The inexperience point wasn't actually a dig, but a statement of fact. The people in charge don't know the club or its supporters.

Not a criticism of the people involved then or now, but this is how the Swindon away play-off got put on open sale in 2010. It was thought there wasn't enough time to operate restrictions and that the game wouldn't sell out - not through stupidity but because the decision makers had inadequate knowledge of the club.
  • Options

The inexperience point wasn't actually a dig, but a statement of fact. The people in charge don't know the club or its supporters.

Not a criticism of the people involved then or now, but this is how the Swindon away play-off got put on open sale in 2010. It was thought there wasn't enough time to operate restrictions and that the game wouldn't sell out - not through stupidity but because the decision makers had inadequate knowledge of the club.

Weren't you part of the club then?

Have you raised the very valid points you are making about allocation directly with the existing operating staff or management or just raised it on a message board.
  • Options

Rick raises a very valid point but either gets told 'mind your own business' or 'why worry about it until it happens'. Well, if it happens and it all goes tits up our end everyone on here will be moaning 'why wasn't this sorted earlier' or 'why didn't we plan ahead' etc. Rick has more experience in organising these sort of trips than anyone on the current staff and knowledge of how the internal decisions will be taken. If we sell out 3,000 and can't get anymore everyone will ask why we didn't request 5,700 at the start and some will even blame Rick for not getting involved and offering advice/assistance.

Just as some of you find Rick's supposed digs annoying I find unneccessary digs at Rick likewise. At the end of the day he's only trying to help.

If I knew how to post a picture of a handbag I would.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Kap10 said:

Have you raised the very valid points you are making about allocation directly with the existing operating staff or management or just raised it on a message board.
    Yes, but I wasn't in charge of the commercial centre at the time.

I wrote privately to Katrien Meire a fortnight ago setting out the depth of my experience over the last 25 years and making clear that if she feels it would be helpful to call on the knowledge I've built up at any time in the future I will always be happy to advise and assist the club (voluntarily). I haven't had the courtesy of a reply (to date), which is why I thought it expedient to raise these matters here instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    to tell you the if we get through it is going to be on the box end of, would we sell out for a early sat or sunday kick off if we had 5700, I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many tickets we will be allocated in the semi final and if I can book them now? ;)

Everyone needs to relax a bit, see how it is on Monday at 10pm. If the massives manage to get it on ;)
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Does anyone know how many tickets we will be allocated in the semi final and if I can book them now? ;)

blockquote>

Have you seen the price of the semi final tickets?

• Options
    We can close this thread now if you like. Had a text from a pal of Guinness and I who is now the MD at Sheff U.

He asked how many Charlton would bring if we played them. I said we'd want the full 5,700.

Sorted!! :)

Just don't let me down if we get past the Wendies!! ;-)
  • Options

Rick raises a very valid point but either gets told 'mind your own business' or 'why worry about it until it happens'. Well, if it happens and it all goes tits up our end everyone on here will be moaning 'why wasn't this sorted earlier' or 'why didn't we plan ahead' etc. Rick has more experience in organising these sort of trips than anyone on the current staff and knowledge of how the internal decisions will be taken. If we sell out 3,000 and can't get anymore everyone will ask why we didn't request 5,700 at the start and some will even blame Rick for not getting involved and offering advice/assistance.

Just as some of you find Rick's supposed digs annoying I find unneccessary digs at Rick likewise. At the end of the day he's only trying to help.

Agree 100%
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Yes, but I wasn't in charge of the commercial centre at the time.

I wrote privately to Katrien Meire a fortnight ago setting out the depth of my experience over the last 25 years and making clear that if she feels it would be helpful to call on the knowledge I've built up at any time in the future I will always be happy to advise and assist the club (voluntarily). I haven't had the courtesy of a reply (to date), which is why I thought it expedient to raise these matters here instead.
    I heard she wrote back and asked you to sort out Yann's new contract - maybe the letter got lost in the post.

• Options
    Definitely 5700 methinks.
  • Options
    5700 is probably the only chance I have of getting tickets