Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Possible rotated teams for 2 games in 72 hours

2»

Comments

• Options
    Some players will find it easier than others though. I imagine fitness levels will be assessed post QPR and Chrissy will factor this information into his selection for Monday. He might be tempted to play Pritchard against Wednesday to inject some energy into the side.
  • Options
    Agreed, there's no way Jackson could play both games. But then i'd argue he shouldn't be in our strongest XI anyway.
  • Options
    Nobody at the club will give a jot about the cup. I have been vocal over the years about our habit of not taking the cup seriously, especially the league cup. However, I am starting to see how it can hurt. This cup run ( if it is a cup run ) could really hurt us this season, we simply don't have the players to handle the amount of games left. However, our three games in hand over Millwall are all home games. These are our cup finals. The Valley home support must be at its best and we can send Millwall to hell.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Nobody at the club will give a jot about the cup. I have been vocal over the years about our habit of not taking the cup seriously, especially the league cup. However, I am starting to see how it can hurt. This cup run ( if it is a cup run ) could really hurt us this season, we simply don't have the players to handle the amount of games left. However, our three games in hand over Millwall are all home games. These are our cup finals. The Valley home support must be at its best and we can send Millwall to hell.

Great post
  • Options
    QPR - defeat not an option

Hamer
    Nego Morrison Wood Fox/Wiggins
    Wilson Poyet Cousins Ajdarevic
    Jackson (for the hour he can manage replaced by Hughes or reza depending on whether we're behind in the game at that stage)
    Parzyszek

with Reza Hughes Dervite Lennon Church Phillips and another (depending on Wiggins fitness) on the bench

Wendies

Whoever is available and completely injury free, no knocks niggles or tightness of any kind
    Danny Hollands, Pritch and Jordan Cook would probably feature along side most of the bench from Saturday plus a ragtag of youngsters, recent arrivals and in desparation this season's duffers viz Sordell, Harriott, Green, Evina, Gower, Thuram but only any of them because the club is obliged to field eleven to start a game. Powell's freedom to select of course is restricted by Roly & Kath's desire to loan out anyone for whom there is any offer or outside interest whatsoever.

As for what I think SCP will actually do he'll pick much the same team for both (subject to R & K loaning bods out between saturday and monday) and we'll reap the harvest of injuries and unavailability for the following league matches
  • Options
    We need to play our best team in the next game. A win against QPR will give us the confidence to get a result at Hillsborough. Worry about who is ready for the cup match on Sunday morning.
  • Options
    I get angry over this stuff. These guys are professional athletes. Two games in three days. Toffee! Get on with it. Or else get a real job and have to get up every bleeding day to go to work whether you feel like shyte or not. Strongest team for every game CP if you can work out what the strongest team actually is.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the reason we're being made to play on the Monday after a Saturday game is a farce; complain to the FA .
    Wave the white flag and leave behind anyone who played more than 45mins against QPR.
  • Options

If professional footballers can't manage to play 2 games inside 72 hours then they're in the wrong game imo.

Its not a case of 'can't manage', its more a scientifical question. I'm sure with the sports science depts in clubs now, they'll know the answer to this stuff, but i'd be interested where players play 2 games in three days, how comparable the stats for their sharpness, distance covered, pass completion, tackles made etc are.

You forget, the majority of our squad will not be going into next week in peak match sharpness condition, that also has to be accounted for as well.

I take the opposite view .. come next Saturday the players will not have had a real competitive game for two weeks .. they should be fit, better organised than of late, and raring to go .. two games in three days should not be overtaxing for fit and motivated professional players .. Also, Wednesday have two tough games before next Monday .. promotion chasing Derby this Tuesday and a local derby v Huddersfield on Saturday, we also of course have a tough local derby to contend with .. Wednesday might have a stronger, larger squad than us and do not have the same travel problems over next weekend, but essentially it is the same predicament for both clubs.
    I will not accept tiredness or lack of sharpness if there is a substandard performance from the CAFC players next Monday at Hillsborough

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Powell will pick whatever he considers to be his best, fit eleven players for the QPR game.

If we win or draw against QPR, Chris Powell will pick whichever players from the QPR game are fit enough to play Sheff Wed.

If we lose against QPR, Alan Curbishley will pick whoever he likes.
  • Options
    I see that Steve Bruce is moaning about having to play on a Sat and on a Monday.
  • Options

I see that Steve Bruce is moaning about having to play on a Sat and on a Monday.

Brucey is just a miserable so and so
  • Options

F*ck knows why. For a start Long and Jelavic can't play in the cup anyway so there's 2 players he can 'rest' straight away and they have a stronger squad than Brighton too.
  • Options

I see that Steve Bruce is moaning.

• Options
    Team V QPR
    Thuram
    Wilson Morrison Wood Wiggins
    Poyet
    Cousins Jackson
    Ajdarevic
    Reza Polish Pete

Team V Wendies
    Hamer if fit
    Nego Morrison Dervite Wiggins
    Green Pritchard Gower Harriott
    Church Sordell

I think both team are decent enough to compete on Morro and Wiggins to play in both and I think both could handle it
  • Options

Team V QPR
    Thuram
    Poyet
    Cousins Jackson
    Ajdarevic
    Reza Polish Pete

Team V Wendies
    Hamer if fit
    Church Sordell

I think both team are decent enough to compete on Morro and Wiggins to play in both and I think both could handle it

Quite close to the original teams I posted,since I have read others posts I wonder whether Gower ,Hughes or Hollands could be utilised Monday. Is there a role for them in the run in ?

In terms of Wiggins I didn't pick him in the second team because I think playing twice in 52 hours might be a big ask after being out for the last couple of games.

Strangely for me I would like Hamer back in goal Saturday.

• Options
    Richard J said:

Team V QPR
    Thuram
    Poyet
    Cousins Jackson
    Ajdarevic
    Reza Polish Pete

Team V Wendies
    Hamer if fit
    Church Sordell

Quite close to the original teams I posted,since I have read others posts I wonder whether Gower ,Hughes or Hollands could be utilised Monday. Is there a role for them in the run in ?

In terms of Wiggins I didn't pick him in the second team because I think playing twice in 52 hours might be a big ask after being out for the last couple of games.

Strangely for me I would like Hamer back in goal Saturday.

I would prefer Hamer V Wendies, I think Hamer is more comfortable with crosses and QPR are not known for that, but Wendies love pumping the ball into the box
  • Options
    Why can't they play it on the Tuesday or Wednesday?
  • Options

Why can't they play it on the Tuesday or Wednesday?

Because apparently you can't play FA Cup ties on the same night as the Champions League.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't rotate just for the fun of it. Play your strongest fittest xi against QPR after fitness/recovery checks on the players. Start those who are fit enough those not able to play full 90 on the bench fill in the gaps. Problem also is those who don't have decent training sessions and not playing games are just as unfit as those who are tired from playing too much and training too hard.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

We need to play our best team in the next game. A win against QPR will give us the confidence to get a result at Hillsborough. Worry about who is ready for the cup match on Sunday morning.

Absolutely the right answer.