Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forthcoming Fixtures

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
I don't know about anybody else but with all the postponements and the unfamiliar complication of a cup run I'm throroughly confused about when and where we are playing!!

I thought it might be worth a thread if I am not alone in this.

To the best of my knowledge we have:

22 Feb QPR (h)

24 Feb Sheffield Wednesday (a) (FA Cup)

1 March Leicester (a)

8 March Sheffield United (a) Big IF we be beat Massive (whenever that is rearranged to!) (FA Cup)

11 March Huddersfield (h)

15 March Millwall (a)

18 March Bournemouth (h)

22 March Burnley (h)

25 March Nottingham Forest (a)

29 March Derby (a)

1 April Leeds (a)

5 April Reading (h)

8 April Yeovil (h)

12 April Brighton (a)

15 April Barnsley (h)

What have I missed (1 March) / got wrong??

EDIT: Thanks chaps! Correcting as informed!

Comments

• Options
    Wednesday (a) 24 Feb
    Barnsley postponed
    Leicester (a) 1st March
  • Options
    Barnsley on 25th is postponed.
  • Options
    Barnsley is stil to be re-arranged....as 25th date is now a day after the Wednesday cup game.
  • Options
    6 points from the next 2 league games guaranteed then!!
  • Options
    Looking at the schedule the Barnsley game can't be played until the final few weeks of the season. If our pitch gets waterlogged then we might have more games to rearrange. Can we extend the season or do all games have to be played before 3rd May?
  • Options
    No way would we be able to extend the season to fit one more game in giving us the advantage of potentially knowing that a win would keep us up.

If it comes to it, then we'd have to play saturday, tuesday, thursday, saturday to fit games in. It's been done before but usually only in the lower leagues where pitches are worse.
  • Options
    We're doomed Captain DuChatelet.
  • Options
    Actually think we'll get something from QPR game
  • Options
    Barnsley - April 15th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we will get something from almost every game, unfortuanatley this season I am normally wrong!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Tykes game Tuesday 15th April 7.45 just announced on OS.
  • Options
    It seems a bit unfortunate that we had no midweek game last week (Millwall played Yeovil for example) and have no midweek game this week! Barnsley, Wednesday and Yeovil all play tomorrow, so we will have at least 2 games in hand on every other team in the division
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Eight games in April could be more dependent how the cup run goes. 5 at Home
  • Options
    Shag said:

It's quite simple really mate the sheffield wednesday game has been re-arranged to monday so the barnsley game on tuesday will be re-arranged but if we draw with sheffield wednesday on monday the replay will have to take place before the Watford home game on 8th March but England are playing Denmark on the wednesday before that saturday so the replay would most likely be the tuesday and if we did win the sheffield wednesday game the watford game would be re-arranged as we would be then playing sheffield united on the saturday or the sunday depending on tv scheduling could even be the monday really which would then mean the huddersfield away game on the tuesday being moved to a later date meaning barnsley (h) watford (h) and huddersfield (a) all having to be played before the end of the season and we only have 2 free midweeks before that meaning I have no idea whats going on

And add to that if Brighton progress through to the semi final or even Charlton then the semi final due to be played on 12th/13th April means another postponement as we are playing Brighton that day, well we could still play Brighton that day if both progress through to the semi-final and are drawn against each other, just to complicate things further.
  • Options
    Double header?
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be on my own at Forest on 25th March then......
  • Options

Looks like I'll be on my own at Forest on 25th March then......

I'll be with you Fanny!! :-)
  • Options
    I seen that the Wendies have the following matches in the next week:
    Tues: home to Derby
    Sat: away to Hudds
    Mon: home to us
  • Options
    edited February 2014

It seems a bit unfortunate that we had no midweek game last week (Millwall played Yeovil for example) and have no midweek game this week! Barnsley, Wednesday and Yeovil all play tomorrow, so we will have at least 2 games in hand on every other team in the division

I'd guess we wouldn't have wanted an early home game because of the pitch and we couldn't have played Leeds last week because they had Brighton. Barnsley are at Wigan tomorrow and I would imagine we weren't in a rush to play AFCB. Maybe we should have played Leeds this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014

BBC fixtures - someone's getting ahead of themselves here . . .

I was looking to see if the Watford game could be brought forward to March 4th if we win at Hillsborough.

Otherwise it looks as if April 29th/30th (which is Champions League semi-finals, although that doesn't matter) is the last slot open?
  • Options
    Full fixture list with links should be on link below, please let me know if anything is incorrect

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55964/matchday-centre-2013-14-fixtures-results-links#latest
  • Options

Full fixture list with links should be on link below, please let me know if anything is incorrect

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55964/matchday-centre-2013-14-fixtures-results-links#latest

Just the bottom line (below the fixtures), everything else spot on.
  • Options
    Missed out the potential replay.........could be a expensive couple of months
  • Options

Leeds away - 7.45 not 3.00
  • Options
  • Options
    Above is from @CJW93 on Twitter
  • Options

Leeds away - 7.45 not 3.00
    Steve Afka has allowed for a possible 2nd game in the evening
  • Options
    We would probably have to play on a Thursday sometime or the Wednesday after easter Monday.
  • Options
    And then after winning all the games we are straight into the playoffs and cup final!!!!!