Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club should offer free travel

Club should offer free coach travel to the fans that got a train or drove up on Saturday

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Why should they do that?
  • Options
    why?
  • Options
    why?, sometimes sh*t happens, we've all been to games called off etc before, it's not the clubs fault
  • Options
    Strange
  • Options
    To get as many fans up there Monday as we can because most people can't afford travel twice
  • Options
    I think they've refunded those that got the coach up which seems fair and reasonable to me.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think they've refunded those that got the coach up which seems fair and reasonable to me.

Unless you drove or got a train.
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:

To get as many fans up there Monday as we can because most people can't afford travel twice

I'm sure most people can afford it, but would rather spend their money on something else.

I think most people that choose not to go this time around will have other committments (i.e. work, family etc.)
  • Options
    Don't understand why people drive/train it up personally when there is a perfectly good coach service which is cheaper/refundable/less hassle.

If its just for the sake of being 'on the beers' then thats your choice, but don't expect the club to have to pay extra because you can't go an away day without getting lashed on the way up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Another perk of using the services supplied by the club, you are covered in such events. People may complain its a bit slow, but you cant have it both ways. I think the woe for me attitude pretty laughable, although the fan who was throwing away his season ticket after a home game was called off over Christmas still wins the dummy spitting award.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Don't understand why people drive/train it up personally when there is a perfectly good coach service which is cheaper/refundable/less hassle.

If its just for the sake of being 'on the beers' then thats your choice, but don't expect the club to have to pay extra because you can't go an away day without getting lashed on the way up.

Fair point but for me the problem i have to get to Charlton for the coach pick up, which will take me a bit under 2 hours. Add that to a even longer coach journey and then you have to do it all again to get back!
  • Options
    To be fair Tom, coaches are all well and good if you live in South London or Kent but a fair few fans dont.

I got the coach, once, Newcastle first game in the prem, left Charlton at 7 a.m and arrived at the ground at 2.50

Never again.

• Options
    It would be a nice gesture, but let's get real it's not going to happen, I'm hoping for a free 10 year season ticket instead.
  • Options

se9addick said:

In which case you gave your money to a third party so seek recompense from them.
  • Options
    Shouldnt Sheffield Wednesday be paying this if anyone... Wasnt Charlton's fault the game didnt go ahead (and we are paying for Barnsley fans to come down here)
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited February 2014
    It seems weird that one person suggests the club pay for wasted travel and everybody shoots him down but when our Barnsley game was posted everybody was slating the club for not offering compensation to those with cancelled journeys and trying to get fans to pay other fans back.
    Clearly Alcafc1 is not one of the clique who are the only ones allowed to make such suggestions.
  • Options
    It does make me laugh what some people come out and say on here. I was only making a suggestion. Plus as a charlton fan I would much rather go to the Sheffield game with 2000 fans and cheer the team on rather than the 500-1000 fans that it will be now because most can't get the time of or the main thing can not afford to pay another £70 on a train or afford the petrol. And that's why I feel the club should be doing a bit more for the fans
  • Options
    DRF said:

It seems weird that one person suggests the club pay for wasted travel and everybody shoots him down but when our Barnsley game was posted everybody was slating the club for not offering compensation to those with cancelled journeys and trying to get fans to pay other fans back.
    Clearly Alcafc1 is not one of the clique who are the only ones allowed to make such suggestions.

Everybody? Thats not true is it.
  • Options
    some very classic 'Charlton life' comments on this thread.

I personally think the club should put on some sort of discounted coach travel to those who paid money to go to the original game, including those that were booked onto the coach. This situation is no different to the Barnsley game, so why shouldn't we get discounted/free travel as well? Especially as there are no trains back to London after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I personally think the club should put on some sort of discounted coach travel to those who paid money to go to the original game, including those that were booked onto the coach. This situation is no different to the Barnsley game, so why shouldn't we get discounted/free travel as well? Especially as there are no trains back to London after the game.

Because we will need the free or discounted travel to the Sheffield United game when it is shown at 5:30pm on the Sunday on BT Sport. ;o)
  • Options
    If you went on a club service, you may well get free travel. But for people to expect free trains or petrol money paid back is a joke. If Charlton paid for Barnsely coach replacements, then shef wed should pay for ours.. Charlton shouldnt feel obliged to do anything.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Because not everyone live near where a coach picks up.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

If you went on a club service, you may well get free travel. But for people to expect free trains or petrol money paid back is a joke. If Charlton paid for Barnsley coach replacements, then sheff wed should pay for ours.. Charlton shouldn't feel obliged to do anything.

I think you are missing the point. People aren't expecting petrol money or free trains, it would just be nice for the club to help out the fans, who have already paid a lot of money to travel and support the team for a game that was unfortunately called off, by putting on a few free/discounted coaches. We aren't going to get more than 500 or so next Monday, so I cant see why those that can take the time off work cant be given some special treatment by the club.

Out of curiosity, did you lose any money through train/petrol/coach tickets on Saturday?

• Options

DRF said:

Everybody? Thats not true is it.
    Sorry I'll make sure I name indivduals next time.
  • Options

shine166 said:

If you went on a club service, you may well get free travel. But for people to expect free trains or petrol money paid back is a joke. If Charlton paid for Barnsley coach replacements, then sheff wed should pay for ours.. Charlton shouldn't feel obliged to do anything.

I think you are missing the point. People aren't expecting petrol money or free trains, it would just be nice for the club to help out the fans, who have already paid a lot of money to travel and support the team for a game that was unfortunately called off, by putting on a few free/discounted coaches. We aren't going to get more than 500 or so next Monday, so I cant see why those that can take the time off work cant be given some special treatment by the club.

Out of curiosity, did you lose any money through train/petrol/coach tickets on Saturday?

No, not a single penny. But you are still missing the main point, we didnt call the game off.. we didnt leave the pitch uncovered during biblical rain (when we did, we covered costs). Its sheffied wednesday that shoud get the grief and maybe paying for free coaches.

Maybe the trust or Powell or should complain to the sheffield wednesday supports or management and push for compensation like Barnsley did to us ? Im basically saying our club has no obligation to do anything on this occasion.
  • Options
    I wouldn't have known my coach ticket would be automatically valid for Monday if I hadn't phoned to re-book. Well surprised.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

No, not a single penny. But you are still missing the main point, we didnt call the game off.. we didnt leave the pitch uncovered during biblical rain (when we did, we covered costs). Its sheffied wednesday that shoud get the grief and maybe paying for free coaches.

Maybe the trust or Powell or should complain to the sheffield wednesday supports or management and push for compensation like Barnsley did to us ? Im basically saying our club has no obligation to do anything on this occasion.
    So why are you getting involved if you haven't lost out? I haven't once said that Charlton have an obligation to put on free coaches, I just think it would be a nice gesture by the club considering the game is now being played on a Monday night. With the winners playing Sheffield United in the QFs, I would imagine Sheffield Wednesday will probably have 30k plus fans that night, so it would be good if we could get as many fans as possible there to get behind the team.
  • Options
    We all know what happens when there are 2k plus CAFC fans at an away game, the players freeze.