Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club should offer free travel

2»

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

We all know what happens when there are 2k plus CAFC fans at an away game, the players freeze.

They should be OK Mon night then, I doubt we will break the 1,500 mark.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Don't understand why people drive/train it up personally when there is a perfectly good coach service which is cheaper/refundable/less hassle.

If its just for the sake of being 'on the beers' then thats your choice, but don't expect the club to have to pay extra because you can't go an away day without getting lashed on the way up.

Coach jounrey is boring, takes forever and you can't have a drink.
  • Options

I wouldn't have known my coach ticket would be automatically valid for Monday if I hadn't phoned to re-book. Well surprised.

your coach steward should have told you that on Saturday, ours did. He rung Dhiram (?) and then inform his passengers.

• Options
    Riviera said:

We all know what happens when there are 2k plus CAFC fans at an away game, the players freeze.

Irrelevant
    The club could lay on individual limos for all who wanted to go and we wouldn't muster 2k

• Options
    DRF said:

DRF said:

It seems weird that one person suggests the club pay for wasted travel and everybody shoots him down but when our Barnsley game was posted everybody was slating the club for not offering compensation to those with cancelled journeys and trying to get fans to pay other fans back.
    Clearly Alcafc1 is not one of the clique who are the only ones allowed to make such suggestions.

Everybody? Thats not true is it.
    Sorry I'll make sure I name indivduals next time.
    stop exaggerating will be fine.
  • Options
    Jesus, the "Where there's blame there's a claim" culture is rife on here today.
  • Options
    I blame Hamer.
  • Options
    Pritchard for me.
  • Options
    As the game was called off before 11.00am, theoretically, you could have waited until after the pitch inspection before you set off and still got there by kick off.

It was my choice to leave at 8.00am.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Don't understand why people drive/train it up personally when there is a perfectly good coach service which is cheaper/refundable/less hassle.

If its just for the sake of being 'on the beers' then thats your choice, but don't expect the club to have to pay extra because you can't go an away day without getting lashed on the way up.

No smiley face, tom ?

You cannot be serious !!!!

OK - I have travelled to 4 away games this season using the Club's coaches but on the whole, invariably drive with one or several of my regular travelling companions( aka NWKers)

One reason is that sharing petrol costs between 4 or 5 in a car is usually cheaper than purchasing seats on the coach.

Another is that you can choose if/when to stop for a break and also choose your start time from home, which is invariably later than that of a coach. And said start is from your own door, not at a pick up point to which you may have had to drive anyway.

IF you wished, you could ( as passengers, NOT driver!) take your own alcohol to consume but this is something we don't do...and we certainly don't drive in order to be "on the beers" when we arrive at our destination. Maximum consumed averages 2 drinks and often none.

In a car we can listen to any match with an early kick off and to any with teatime starts too....and to Five Live/606 - something NOT available on the coach. And we can play our fave music and sing along without anyone complaining !

You also say that the coach fare is "refundable" but how often in a season is this necessary ? Not really a regular positive, is it ?

I DO miss the company of the likes of Tommy Dowling, Kevin & Hazel Nolan, Betty, Darren & Keith among others when we drive but IMHO it's good to have a choice & travelling by car is far more flexible.

So, how are you travelling next Monday ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Not from Norwich there isn't! Some of us are exiled!

• Options
    Save it for Sheffield United
  • Options
    I can't go so can I have the cash equivalent?
  • Options
    Away days + beers = Good times.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Please tell me this is a wind up.

Aside from this absurd comment. If the club are willing to lay on coaches for Barnsley fans then surely they should look after their own? I disagree with any refund on travel for called off games, it's part and parcel of it. No way can you justify refunding those who got a coach and not those who got a train/drove.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

If you went on a club service, you may well get free travel. But for people to expect free trains or petrol money paid back is a joke. If Charlton paid for Barnsley coach replacements, then sheff wed should pay for ours.. Charlton shouldn't feel obliged to do anything.

I think you are missing the point. People aren't expecting petrol money or free trains, it would just be nice for the club to help out the fans, who have already paid a lot of money to travel and support the team for a game that was unfortunately called off, by putting on a few free/discounted coaches. We aren't going to get more than 500 or so next Monday, so I cant see why those that can take the time off work cant be given some special treatment by the club.

Out of curiosity, did you lose any money through train/petrol/coach tickets on Saturday?

No, not a single penny. But you are still missing the main point, we didnt call the game off.. we didnt leave the pitch uncovered during biblical rain (when we did, we covered costs). Its sheffied wednesday that shoud get the grief and maybe paying for free coaches.

Maybe the trust or Powell or should complain to the sheffield wednesday supports or management and push for compensation like Barnsley did to us ? Im basically saying our club has no obligation to do anything on this occasion.
    So why are you getting involved if you haven't lost out? I haven't once said that Charlton have an obligation to put on free coaches, I just think it would be a nice gesture by the club considering the game is now being played on a Monday night. With the winners playing Sheffield United in the QFs, I would imagine Sheffield Wednesday will probably have 30k plus fans that night, so it would be good if we could get as many fans as possible there to get behind the team.

Because I'm allowed an opinion
  • Options
    MLS said:

cafctom said:

Please tell me this is a wind up.

Aside from this absurd comment. If the club are willing to lay on coaches for Barnsley fans then surely they should look after their own? I disagree with any refund on travel for called off games, it's part and parcel of it. No way can you justify refunding those who got a coach and not those who got a train/drove.
    you can because the coaches are run by the Club and so if they choose to refund customers they can do so. however, if you went by megabus for example then the Club have no control over that as they don't train operating companies or private vehicles.

• Options
    What I don't understand, is after the Barnsley game was called off, masses on here were saying Charlton should supply free transport for Barnsley fans.

Why isn't everyone saying Wednesday should supply free transport?
  • Options
    Because we're only going to need a motorbike and sidecar.
  • Options
    CAFC agreed to pay for two coaches for the Barnsley fans for whenever the match will be played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Because we're only going to need a motorbike and sidecar.