Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SWP

rejected loan move according to a West London paper.

and Barnsley rescheduled for Tuesday 15 April

Comments

• Options
    Never mind... I had visions of another Keith Gillespie / Scott Sinclair type loan
  • Options
    I knew we should never have started that 'he's better than Shaun' song....
  • Options
    Maybe he wasnt happy about the song
  • Options
    deffo and hes better than Bradley just doesn't sound as good
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited February 2014
    Not sure he's the sort of player we need right now, as much as he has ability. I just get the impression he's happy to sit on the sidelines and get paid up on his huge contract. He's been doing it for a few years now. I can't imagine he's very hungry for football these days.
  • Options
    Why play football when you can pick up 50k a week pulling birds in london nightclubs?
  • Options
    I reckon he's happy just sitting there collecting his wage personally
  • Options
    Nug said:

Not sure he's the sort of player we need right now, as much as he has ability. I just get the impression he's happy to sit on the sidelines and get paid up on his huge contract. He's been doing it for a few years now. I can't imagine he's very hungry for football these days.

If his Contract isnt renewed at QPR (be surprised if it is) I could see him going the same way as David Bentley at the moment and being without a club completely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IF it's true (BIG IF) that he has turned us down then he clearly hasn't got the fire in his belly for the scrap which we're in.

My conclusion is that he can politely 'do one'.
  • Options
    doesn't sound like he's too bothered about actually playing football
  • Options
    plenty of time im sure there is someone out there who is shit who no one wants who will come.
  • Options
    Miami with Becs.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Miami with Becs.

was thinking the same thing. Premier league footballers are no longer going to drop down to the championship when they get older, they'll just jet off to the states and get paid the same amount until they're 40. No brainer if i was in their shoes.

Why play football when you can pick up 50k a week pulling birds in london nightclubs?

"I used to play for chelsea and manchester city" is probably the line he uses. Cedric Evina's is "I used to play for Arsenal, but now i play for Charlton" Apparently :)
  • Options
    Maybe he is hoping or expecting someone else to come in for him.

If not, it is puzzling that guys like this don't want to play, as his career must be drawing to a close.
  • Options
    I wonder if he felt his brother wasn't given a fair chance in his last season.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I wonder if he felt his brother wasn't given a fair chance in his last season.

Exacty what I was just about to post
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Nug said:

Exactly right. Doesnt strike me as the sort of player to relish a relegation battle. I noticed he isnt cup tied so he's turned down a guarenteed FA Cup winners medal as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    South Wondon Press is a shite little rag anyway. Poor man's Harriot Gazette.
  • Options
    Well he can f*** off then
  • Options

I think it's time we had a "jealous" button to be able to click!!!! Admin...sort it out ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Why would he want to come here when his brother played a massive part in getting us promoted to the championship, then never being played in it.
  • Options
    I think people are reading too much into the Bradley situation. I'd bet this has absolutely nothing to do with him at all, he's just a lazy c*nt, happy to pick up 50k a week doing nothing. If we were going for the play offs or were a bottom half premier league side, do you think he'd turn us down because we let his brother go? No chance. As others have said he'll probably end up moving to the MLS.
  • Options

I think people are reading too much into the Bradley situation. I'd bet this has absolutely nothing to do with him at all, he's just a lazy c*nt, happy to pick up 50k a week doing nothing. If we were going for the play offs or were a bottom half premier league side, do you think he'd turn us down because we let his brother go? No chance. As others have said he'll probably end up moving to the MLS.

What to be with his brother?

• Options
    Thought this was a rant about that august left-wing party so rarely heard of these days.
    Shaun Wright Philips is too short anyway.
  • Options
    If it is true that SWP prefers to sit on his arse collecting wages and doing feck all then shows the kind of attitude that he has got. Really if he don't want to move here than he can feck off.
  • Options

Agreed. Bradders scored one goal for us in the champ in 19 appearences. Granted most were prob from the bench but he had his chance and served us well at probably his natural level - L1.

No chance his bro would not come to us cos of that. More to do with taking the easy option. Dont see Rooney turning down a man u contract cos they wouldn't give his bro a game.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Why would he want to come here when his brother played a massive part in getting us promoted to the championship, then never being played in it.

What? Never played? 1 in 19 is playing, albeit not very well.