Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SWP

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't want SWP. We want players like shelvey who will do whatever it takes to get a game week in week out, hence his move to Swansea from Liverpool, not someone who will do whatever it takes not to get a game, by basically being a very small fish in a pond the size of an ocean.

• Options
    Exactly, why would we want a player who has sat on the bench for the best part of 10 years?
  • Options
    Can't blame him, he is meant to be a fastish ball playing winger who needs to prove his abilities by the end of the season so why come to a club that probably has one of the worst pitches in the Football League?
  • Options
    On the basis that Roland didn't want to keep a marginally expensive 32 year-old striker, I don't think there's much chance he'd want an outrageously expensive 32 year-old winger.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Why would he want to come here when his brother played a massive part in getting us promoted to the championship, then never being played in it.

What? Never played? 1 in 19 is playing, albeit not very well.
    How many did he start? I agree I don't think BWP would have been good enough for the championship but still think he was treated like crap.
  • Options
    If Swp chooses to see out the last few months of his contract sitting on his arse earning £150k a week at QPR then we don't want him here , no way
  • Options
    Big time Charlie!....simple as that. We certainly can do without him if he doesn't fancy it!!
  • Options
    JT said:

I reckon he's happy just sitting there collecting his wage personally

I would be

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Why would he want to come here when his brother played a massive part in getting us promoted to the championship, then never being played in it.

How many did he start? I agree I don't think BWP would have been good enough for the championship but still think he was treated like crap.
    In what way was he treated like crap? We were threatened by relegation all season and needed goals. It wasn't until the last few weeks we pulled clear. In that time Brad scored one goal, and Yann, Haynes and Fuller all played much better. It's funny that Hulse scored more and is often labelled crap, and Church has more goals but is sometimes called our worst ever player but the BWP revisionism claims he should have been given more of a chance. He shouldn't. He couldn't cut it in the Champ and throwing him in to not score when we needed to win just because he scored a lot in L1 and it made us happy is insane.
  • Options
    he is out of contract end of the season I think. Prob thinks sod playing on loan and possibility getting injured when I have a deal already lined up in the MSL.
  • Options

JT said:

I reckon he's happy just sitting there collecting his wage personally

I would be

Really? He would still be paid and play football. Do not know many who would not love that. I could not stand being sub, let alone not being picked.

Looking back at Rednapps comments about SWP needing to take a 1000% pay cut, I suspect that QPR tried to use the loan to get him to take a pay cut.
  • Options
    To sum up, we need only players who WANT to play for us. We have had to put up with a succession of players who did not pull their weight, including some where nobody could pull their weight !
  • Options
    Shows how far he's fallen if clubs like us are now after him.

I reckon Bradley's better.
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Expect to see lots more press releases from Roland's office on how a "possible loan move" was rejected by X or how we "just missed out on" Y as CP is left with the same inadequate squad to keep us up and pays the price in the summer with his job.

It's called being stitched up.

Stitched up? I don't understand this view, we've obviously contacted QPR and must have made a decent offer of wage contribution for SWP even to have a decision to make. What more can Roland do?

SWP would have been a Powell choice, we made a bid, SWP rejected the chance.

Our hope would have been that he would want to put himself in the shop window for a few months before his contract runs out but he's probably got a nice deal lined up playing abroad for the summer and is quite happy earning around 100k a week for nothing,

Not everything is a malicious plan to get Powell sacked. Looking at Roland's past, he doesn't mess around, if he wanted Powell sacked - Powell wouldn't still be here.
    I'm not sure how true that actually is. He messed a fan favourite manager about at Liege in the same way before sacking him and bringing Luzon in - whose contract runs out this summer by the way and has yet to sign a new one. Sound familiar?
  • Options
    The only thing that is certain is that Roland rules, and he will be doing everything his way. Can't wait for Thursday.
  • Options

Lurker said:

Expect to see lots more press releases from Roland's office on how a "possible loan move" was rejected by X or how we "just missed out on" Y as CP is left with the same inadequate squad to keep us up and pays the price in the summer with his job.

It's called being stitched up.

Stitched up? I don't understand this view, we've obviously contacted QPR and must have made a decent offer of wage contribution for SWP even to have a decision to make. What more can Roland do?

SWP would have been a Powell choice, we made a bid, SWP rejected the chance.

Our hope would have been that he would want to put himself in the shop window for a few months before his contract runs out but he's probably got a nice deal lined up playing abroad for the summer and is quite happy earning around 100k a week for nothing,

Not everything is a malicious plan to get Powell sacked. Looking at Roland's past, he doesn't mess around, if he wanted Powell sacked - Powell wouldn't still be here.
    I'm not sure how true that actually is. He messed a fan favourite manager about at Liege in the same way before sacking him and bringing Luzon in - whose contract runs out this summer by the way and has yet to sign a new one. Sound familiar?
    Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see the messing around as clear as others do. Without going into the opinions on if we now have a better squad / chance of staying up after the ins and outs, the SWP situation seems clear and not something to have a dig at the owner about.

If we offered only 10% of SWP's wages, It's a sign of backing the manager in his targets at least.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

In what way was he treated like crap? We were threatened by relegation all season and needed goals. It wasn't until the last few weeks we pulled clear. In that time Brad scored one goal, and Yann, Haynes and Fuller all played much better. It's funny that Hulse scored more and is often labelled crap, and Church has more goals but is sometimes called our worst ever player but the BWP revisionism claims he should have been given more of a chance. He shouldn't. He couldn't cut it in the Champ and throwing him in to not score when we needed to win just because he scored a lot in L1 and it made us happy is insane.

We scored no goals last season because like this season too the strikers have been given sod all service. Any striker will struggle to score goals in the way we set up. We go into every game playing for a 0-0 hoping to nick it by the odd goal. BWP was given no service during the first few games he played for us in the championship before getting dropped to the bench occasionally coming on with 5 mins to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have you ever stopped to think that players, agent and other clubs might not want the player to come here because Powell never hardly plays the loan players. ? Just a thought
  • Options
    I thought BWP was a bit unlucky last year. The record showed he scored 1 goal in his first 6 starts but he had 2 perfectly good goals chalked off. 1 in 2 is great. 1 in 6 is poo. He lost his place & barely started again.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Love it how some people are slagging off a player who has played for Manchester City, Chelsea and England and recent years because he doesn't want to join a club who he is too good for and wouldn't be able to pay him half of what he is earning where he is.

How dare he, I say!
  • Options
    As I've said before, if Messi was linked with us, some clown on here would go: "No thanks. Too short and one-footed."
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

As I've said before, if Messi was linked with us, some clown on here would go: "No thanks. Too short and one-footed."

Also not proven in the Championship, and not the sort of player you want in a relegation battle.

• Options

Vincenzo said:

Also not proven in the Championship, and not the sort of player you want in a relegation battle.

Doesn't run around as much as Simon Church either.

• Options
    I'd have him - we need a bit of quality in the side and I think relative to the league, he can provide that
  • Options
    When he came through at City (first spell) I loved watching him, full of energy and always looking to be positive. Like a few in that era went to Chelsea barely played and never recovered.

Looks like he has lost interest in the game
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

When he came through at City (first spell) I loved watching him, full of energy and always looking to be positive. Like a few in that era went to Chelsea barely played and never recovered.

Looks like he has lost interest in the game

Completely this.