Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Behind scenes training

2»

Comments

• Options
    It is pretty easy to see he has been brought up goalkeeping using his instincts and reflexes, very good shot stopper but that doesn't need videoing, would love to see him claim some crosses confidently, comfortably catch a well hit shot etc.

Good goals by Koc and Reza but you're not given that time in this league, maybe League One.. all for the cameras though
  • Options
    Where's Piotr?
  • Options
    Stig said:

That was interesting. But not as interesting as this one that came up in the sidebar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YBgdt__ejaI

Oh, to have a team like that again.

That's up there as one of my favourite games.

Do you remember when we played without fear.

PS. just a side note, but CP's defending for Keanes goal was awful.
  • Options

Where's Piotr?

He played for the U-21 side v Ipswich

• Options
    like how few people notice sordells two goals either, always been a good finisher and both footed too
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

As for Thuram - he's extremely agile. It's absolutely knackering diving and getting up so quickly ready to do it again and again. Impressive indeed. As for using his feet how about you look how many goals go through a keepers legs begause he is trying to get his hands to it (Joe Hart vs Dani Alves last night)

Sometimes using the legs makes sense and it also ensure the ball goes further to safety than if you fumble a catch.

Good post, Swisdom.

When watching the video you can hear Ben Roberts telling Thuram the type of save to make - making the saves with the legs seems to be one specific part of the goalkeeper training exercises.

Also note the way the dummies are set up in front of the near post, to cause deflections and unpredictable flights of the ball to test the keeper's reactions.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Would rather Thuram stopped the ball in competitive matches rather than looking amazing in training, he can let as many in as he wants in training TBF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I want to know who took the shot that hit a car and kept the alarm going all clip?!
  • Options
    red_murph said:

I want to know who took the shot that hit a car and kept the alarm going all clip?!

Churchy, I expect.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

red_murph said:

Churchy, I expect.

It must have had some power to set the alarm off. If it had been SC then it would have rolled under the car and got stuck on the exhaust.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Think that was Churchy... Either that or it was when Thuram was practicing his Goal kicks ;-)