Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wednesday v Derby

2»

Comments

• Options

I would be happy with 3-4 points from our games in hand. We won't win all of them.

we will get minimum 6 points
  • Options
    Who are our games in hand against again?

I remember Barnsley as being called off. Was Bournemouth at home one too?
  • Options
    Leeds away was postponed for the Huddersfield cup game I think.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I would be happy with 3-4 points from our games in hand. We won't win all of them.

we will get minimum 6 points
    That's what we need. Not sure we will get that though.

Hope you're right.
  • Options
    Barnsley
    Bournemouth
    Leeds

All winnable games
  • Options
    So was Birmingham, Sheffield wednesday and Doncaster.
  • Options

We win our games in hand and beat you at weds mate and its all sq still very much weds can be dragged back into it

True but it's a big ask, sometimes games in hand are a bit more of a hindrance as you have to really win them to make any impact.
    Forgetting Charlton for a moment we still have a game in hand over teams around us as well, so I'm still confident we'll be okay, we really didn't deserve the result last night we played well and were better then Derby.

Your game against Millwall is a right six pointer.

• Options
    Looking at the table i think Sheff Wed will most certainly be playing Championship football next season
  • Options
    Sheff Utd will come good
  • Options

Looking at the table i think Sheff Wed will most certainly be playing Championship football next season

You may be right, Gary - but at this stage of the season, Wednesday are nowhere near safe.

If you had looked at the table at the beginning of December when Wednesday were in the bottom 3 and we were 6 points clear, back then you may have had a different opinion?

In this division a couple of wins can change everything.
    It did for Wednesday.

And it can for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

You may be right, Gary - but at this stage of the season, Wednesday are nowhere near safe.

If you had looked at the table at the beginning of December when Wednesday were in the bottom 3 and we were 6 points clear, back then you may have had a different opinion?

It did for Wednesday.

And it can for us.
    True, anyone can go on a run, but I just feel we have to much to go down, we might get sucked into it again but a few more wins will pull us away, we've lost two games on the bounce to Wigan who were simply the best side I've seen this season and Derby who are a point behind automatic and who were bang average.

Yeovil and Barnsley look doomed, it's all about the last spot for me.

• Options
    I think u and us will be fine mate but you can't go on a bad run in this league otherwise you can end up gone

I reckon you lot and us will be 5 points safe by season end and that aint many games really
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

It did for Wednesday.

And it can for us.
    True, anyone can go on a run, but I just feel we have to much to go down, we might get sucked into it again but a few more wins will pull us away, we've lost two games on the bounce to Wigan who were simply the best side I've seen this season and Derby who are a point behind automatic and who were bang average.

Hi Piggy, I wasn't trying to say Wednesday are likely to be relegated, just that there is a lot of games yet to play - and that you're not yet safe at this point of the season; nobody from10th down can feel comfortable yet.

Teams do go on good runs (Wednesday are a good example) and that can quickly change things.
    Equally, teams can drop like a stone and get sucked in, like Wolves and Blackburn last season.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

It did for Wednesday.

And it can for us.

Hi Piggy, I wasn't trying to say Wednesday are likely to be relegated, just that there is a lot of games yet to play - and that you're not yet safe at this point of the season; nobody from10th down can feel comfortable yet.

Teams do go on good runs (Wednesday are a good example) and that can quickly change things.
    Equally, teams can drop like a stone and get sucked in, like Wolves and Blackburn last season.

Bolton seem like a side in trouble as do Blackpool, personally I'd like to see Bolton go down after their chairman wanted a closed Premier league a while back.
  • Options

I think u and us will be fine mate but you can't go on a bad run in this league otherwise you can end up gone

I reckon you lot and us will be 5 points safe by season end and that aint many games really

Why do you think we will be fine? We have won five games all Season in the league.I am optimistic by nature but I am also a realist and I can't see us winning enough games. I hope I am wrong but I have seen nothing this season to give me hope.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Why do you think we will be fine? We have won five games all Season in the league.I am optimistic by nature but I am also a realist and I can't see us winning enough games. I hope I am wrong but I have seen nothing this season to give me hope.

I agree with this. We are getting worse if anything.