Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Line of duty

Comments

• cafcfan said:

buckshee said:

Enjoying this series.

The Mrs reckons it's Thandie Newton's husband doing the killing.

Like the show a lot but the storyline of this series seems wildly implausible to me.
    exactly .. the murder charge against the East European girl who was the victim of the original kidnapping was just ridiculous .. this whole series looks to have been written in haste with bits added later to fill the gaps .. it also seems under rehearsed .. pity as on the whole the 'Line of Duty' storylines have provided good entertainment
    That was indeed a very, very weak aspect. Just to be boring for a moment, the PACE Codes of Practice require her to be informed about the matter she was being interviewed about. Here's the extract: "An interview is the questioning of a person regarding their involvement or suspected involvement in a criminal offence or offences which, under paragraph 10.1, must be carried out under caution. Before a person is interviewed, they and, if they are represented, their solicitor must be given sufficient information to enable them to understand the nature of any such offence, and why they are suspected of committing it (see paragraphs 3.4(a) and 10.3), in order to allow for the effective exercise of the rights of the defence."

She clearly wasn't given the information she needed and wasn't cautioned until the end. Any case against her now, however plausible, would just be thrown out by the CPS. Even the suck-up junior plod at the interview would have known this, let alone the senior officer.

This crap in police dramas ruins things for me so I thought I'd share the pain.
    I think that's deliberate (ish) though, Thandie Newton wants to get the framed guy convicted and knows people are pulling at threads so is just trying to add as many complications as possible to keep Arnott and co. from chasing her specifically. The case against Hana wouldn't go anywhere but it's more paperwork and more time wasted which is the aim.
  • Also it is a credit to the writing where it is genuinely plausible they've just killed off what is pretty much the main character whereas in most other shows you'd be confident he'd be back in action in an episode or two at most.
  • Not quite as dramatic as recent weeks, but a good episode never the less. The last scene is a bit of a turn up for the books. Really enjoying this series.
  • Thandie Newton is playing the part really well as you really hate the bitch!
  • That was excellent tv last night, not really action packed but Thandie Newton was acting the villain brilliantly
  • Even though she was the baddie it was actually quite satisfying to see Hastings be the one getting absolutely steamrollered instead of the other way round.

That Commissioner or whatever rank he is has got to be up to something also, he's just so slimy.
  • thenewbie said:

Even though she was the baddie it was actually quite satisfying to see Hastings be the one getting absolutely steamrollered instead of the other way round.

That Commissioner or whatever rank he is has got to be up to something also, he's just so slimy.

Slimy?!? That has to be the understatement of the year.
  • thenewbie said:

Even though she was the baddie it was actually quite satisfying to see Hastings be the one getting absolutely steamrollered instead of the other way round.

He's showing some range though the actor, I thought he played Malcolm Tuckers sidekick in the thick of it
  • back in form .. I am still worried about the EuroGirl being fitted for the murder .. what has the CPS had to say about this eh .. eh ? .. ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:

I think he just wanted to bed Thandie Newton..........back of the queue son !!

Not sure how you survive falling 3 floors & landing on your neck, must made of strong stuff these coppers.
  • Told ya Steve Arnott wasn't brown bread
  • aliwibble said:

Why don't they just make the character Scottish, or cast an English actor?

The blokes English accent sounds fine to me. Was an English part and went to the best audition I would guess?
    Yep, I didn't realise he wasn't until I saw him in Filth and then looked him up on IMDB.
    He's in a really gritty Scottish film called sweet sixteen from about 20 years ago, which he's the lead, worth watching. His first film with no experience according to wiki.

Used to be a pro footballer in Scotland too!
    Two games for Morton, apparently.
  • Wasn't really 3 storeys tho was it??
  • Bloody hell...
  • Got to be the bloke out the office. Having an affair with Newton's character.
    He kills, she covers it up.
  • So so ridiculous!
    You have to take this as a bit of fun. Not the serious crime drama it claims to be.
  • It's brilliant, problem is now I've recognised the Assistant chief constable as formerly being Jamie, the angriest man in Scotland I want him to burst into a tirade of how he's going to shove an ipod down someone's cock and kick them in the balls to change track
  • Sponsored links:

• Some things are so far fetched like officers on both sides being allowed to investigate in cases where they obviously have a conflict of interest but this is TV ..... and it's feckin brilliant!!
  • edited April 2017

Excellent again, but I have to say it was ridiculous that someone in AC-12 would give someone else their username & password.

Also records of access control would show he wasn't in the building when the download took place.

• Excellent again, but I have to say it was ridiculous that someone in AC-12 would give someone else their username & password.

Also records of access control would show he wasn't in the building when the download took place.
    Also,NHS leaving a message on an answerphone stating patients name and ailment/injury?
  • edited April 2017

Excellent again, but I have to say it was ridiculous that someone in AC-12 would give someone else their username & password.

Also,NHS leaving a message on an answerphone stating patients name and ailment/injury?
    Also, people from South East England don't really sound like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

And, joking aside, why could he not just have been very lucky to escape with no serious injury, rather than return to work within days of being told that he could possibly never work again.

Like the last series IMO, it just takes things a bit too far for me ("Bent copper's" accomplice "bent copper" being one of the armed coppers guarding outside the interview room, while he is being interviewed and springing him after getting a text? Do come on).

My Mrs absolutely loves it, but I'm not a fan meself.
  • Mrs cafcfan reckons it's the solicitor friend of the policewoman and her solicitor husband. And that's who she's been having an affair with.
  • Excellent again, but I have to say it was ridiculous that someone in AC-12 would give someone else their username & password.

(You're giving away part of the next episode)
  • I her amputated hand going to be evidence as it has Tim Ifill's DNA on the wound?
  • edited April 2017
    It's all getting just a little bit silly billy .. good for a laugh though
  • Don't watch much TV but love this.

Mr Lakewell the solicitor is the obvious choice now, but knowing Line of Duty, there will be a twist.

I think Michael Farmers solicitor is a bit dodgy as he is surely too bad! Having said that, I would say the same about KM if Charlton were a film. but she is of course, unfortunately true. Wouldn't be surprised if Huntley male colleague is a bit dodgy aswell, despite the fact he actually helped AC12.

Looking forward to Sundays finale, sure it will deliver.