Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line of duty

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Has been commissioned for 2 new series, great stuff.
  • Options

Started watching season 1 on Netflix last night as missed the first 2 seasons. Even with knowing how certain characters will pan out it's still quality viewing

I started watching the first season this week as well.......they all look so young.
  • Options

cfgs said:

So is Hastings dodgy or playing a longer game due to not being able to trust anyone? Dismissing the premis that Hilton might have been murdered when he couldn't have pulled the trigger unless he used his foot is rather suspicious.

This was gonna be one of my criticisms of last nights episode, that a gun with a particularly long barrel had been used in such a way, but maybe there's more to it

Still don't explain why the sweaty in the wheelchair is trying so desperately to hide his Scotch accent (badly) though, we shall have to wait and see
    Would be interesting to know if there were Hilton's fingerprints on shotgun cartridges also.
  • Options

cfgs said:

So is Hastings dodgy or playing a longer game due to not being able to trust anyone? Dismissing the premis that Hilton might have been murdered when he couldn't have pulled the trigger unless he used his foot is rather suspicious.

This was gonna be one of my criticisms of last nights episode, that a gun with a particularly long barrel had been used in such a way, but maybe there's more to it

Still don't explain why the sweaty in the wheelchair is trying so desperately to hide his Scotch accent (badly) though, we shall have to wait and see
    Would be interesting to know if there were Hilton's fingerprints on shotgun cartridges also.
  • Options

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

You can say that again!
  • Options
    Season 1 is still my favourite. Lennie James was the best copper they've had on the show.
  • Options
    Still not sure why they didn't compare the different handwriting on the tampered evidenice bag, might have save a lot of trouble and her hand too !!
  • Options
    Was the solicitor a balaclava man? I thought he called the dodgy police chief who then sorted a balaclava yobbo to 'sort it!'
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Was the solicitor a balaclava man? I thought he called the dodgy police chief who then sorted a balaclava yobbo to 'sort it!'

The solicitor was the one who smashed Arnott (if I'm right).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing they have to watch out for in the future is if they have an 'A' grader like Daniel May or the brilliant (but a bit too everpresent like Tom Hollander) Jason Watkins in the first episode, you know they're going to be a gonner.
  • Options
    Bit like Police Squad, the special guest getting killed straight away
  • Options
    Thandie Newton didn't though?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

not quite. The solicitor got the call from Nick Huntley and then made a call to the top dog to get someone there to smash Arnott.

The solicitor was 'in on it' but not a balaclava man as such. In truth, the balaclava men are fairly insignificant as they are just the henchmen.
  • Options

Valley11 said:

not quite. The solicitor got the call from Nick Huntley and then made a call to the top dog to get someone there to smash Arnott.

The solicitor was 'in on it' but not a balaclava man as such. In truth, the balaclava men are fairly insignificant as they are just the henchmen.
    like the NKVD/KGB to the CIA/FBI or SMERSH to the Men From Uncle

• Options
    Wasn't SMERSH in James Bond?

I am sure the Men from UNCLE had THRUSH
  • Options

Wasn't SMERSH in James Bond?

I am sure the Men from UNCLE had THRUSH

you're right .. confusing my Thrush with my Smersh (different ointments required) .. it defo was James Bond involved with Smersh ?
  • Options
    there is a VERY funny cartoon in the 'Times' today featuring Corbyn and gang as characters from L O D .. I can't print it here as the 'Times' online is subscription only access
  • Options
    Several of the political cartoonists tweet their cartoons, so you can see them even if the paper is paywalled. I assume you mean this one?

He's @BrookesTimes on twitter, but I'd proceed with caution as Thursday's is a tad disturbing.
  • Options

Still not sure why they didn't compare the different handwriting on the tampered evidenice bag, might have save a lot of trouble and her hand too !!

My thoughts exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Several of the political cartoonists tweet their cartoons, so you can see them even if the paper is paywalled. I assume you mean this one?

He's @BrookesTimes on twitter, but I'd proceed with caution as Thursday's is a tad disturbing.

thanks for the info .. Brooke is a VERY cruel but right on the money political cartoonist
  • Options
    After she had killed the fella that attacked her, she should have just called the police, told them what happened and gone home for her tea, thereby not wasting my time on this badly written tosh.
  • Options
    Well done Thandie on your OBE.

(Officially Bumped Earlierthanpaulie)
  • Options
    Sod the gongs, when is the new series?
  • Options
    Series 5 in first half of 2019
    Series 6 has been commissioned too, but unlike to be on screen for a couple of years.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I saw this thread bumped this morning and thought the new series had started!

Series 6 has been commissioned too, but unlike to be on screen for a couple of years.

Why does it take so long to make them? Jed Mercurio is more interested in Bodyguard??? Or is it because of the cast's working schedules? I really like DS Arnott and can't wait to see him again. It's been too long...
  • Options

Riviera said:

Why does it take so long to make them? Jed Mercurio is more interested in Bodyguard??? Or is it because of the cast's working schedules? I really like DS Arnott and can't wait to see him again. It's been too long...
    Look how long the wait for GoT is :cry:
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Riviera said:

Yeah. Casting schedules I’d imagine. I think it’s a case of finding a time when all the cast and crew can find a time that works for them all. Same reason there is always such a big gap between things like Sherlock etc.
    I read they are still undecided about a 2nd series of Bodyguard. Although I guess that indecision is more about how it will go rather than if it will go.
  • Options
    I'd rather they didn't do a second series of Bodyguard, not that I didn't enjoy the first one.
  • Options
    I hope they don't bring back Keeley Hawes' character - don't get me wrong I absolutely loved the actress. She was amazing in Line of Duty too - it would simply be too unrealistic for her to come back, no matter in what way.