Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else fearing a cricket score on Saturday?

The difference in quality between the two squads is frightening. Rangers need a result and I think they could notch six or seven. I do wonder why we are about as likely to get ravel Morrison in on loan as we are to bring super Clive out of retirement?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    No. I fear 0-1 or 0-2 whilst showing nothing going forward with a baffling team selection and then walking out when the subs are made in the 88th minute.
  • Options
    We'll go easy on them and just score the four goals.
  • Options
    No team thrashes us. I actually think it is winnable - or would be if Wiggins was playing and we had a player who could create - left back is a bit of an issue. I think a narrow defeat is the most likely outcome, but we do do better against the better teams so maybe this will be a good game for us.
  • Options
    I don't think we will get thrashed, but I cannot see us winning this one as QPR have a very good team.

What I'm not looking forward to is the influx of 'Powell Out' threads if we do not manage to get a result against a superior team.
  • Options
    I don't foresee a thrashing at all - all season QPR seem to done just enough to win games, and lots of them, which probably means they will achieve promotion. I'm hoping their little blip continues on saturday although we've got to find some bite up front to force the issue.
  • Options
    I think we could get sonething on Saturday pending team selection etc. next week at Leicester is where a thrashing is on the cards.
  • Options
    I see a win... Queens Park Rangers only managed a tight 1-0 at their place thanks to a wonder goal from a player currently injured

They're also a bit of a poor run so reckon this is the best time to play them and their superstars wont want to play on our pitch
  • Options
    I think we'll win. Their extra quality with the ball will be evened out on our pitch. We should go for it from the off and try to get an early goal. QPR don't often score more than 2 and they are in a bit of a slump.
  • Options
    No, without Austin I don't think they are great up front, think we will take something from the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One MASSIVE bonus is Charlie (always scores against Charlton) won't be playing!
    Therefore we WILL win...
    COYR
  • Options
    I doubt whether we will score more than 5, not really a cricket score.
  • Options
    drewman said:

The difference in quality between the two squads is frightening. Rangers need a result and I think they could notch six or seven.

I find this as silly as Operation pigs thread.
    How about some positivity?
  • Options
    I was talking to a QPR supporting friend yesterday and he says that without Charlie Austin he can't see where they will get goals from and he had a horrible feeling that Charlton would nick it. I Hope he's right.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

NO, I am only expecting to win by one goal. We have reached the time when if we can't get positive about our team, and solidly behind them, we should take up knitting !

well said that man.
    2-0
  • Options

I was talking to a QPR supporting friend yesterday and he says that without Charlie Austin he can't see where they will get goals from and he had a horrible feeling that Charlton would nick it. I Hope he's right.

QPR's top scorers (all comps) - Austin with 15 goals. Second top scorer is Matt Phillips (with 3) and he is out too. Joint third top scorer Barton (with 2) is also out.

Doyle has 5 in total but 3 of those came in League 1 playing for Wolves. I would expect Church to get more than that playing at that level ;-)

In the last three matches. all with Austin out, QPR have lost two and drawn one.
  • Options
    we will nick this.if its true powell getting a new contract will give a massive boost around the club.the player i feared most from qpr is out injured and that joey barton.yes he whinges but when he on his game he quailty.so am going charlton 2-1
  • Options
    drewman said:

Rangers need a result and I think they could notch six or seven.

They are having a little bit of a bad run yet somehow you see this as a negative? Would you prefer to play a team who are in form?

I wonder if someone on one of their forums has looked at our latest results and started a thread about how we need a result and therefore will put 6 or 7 past them

I'm going for a 7-7 draw as the most likely result as both teams are on a bad run
  • Options
    Its the backlash of all the flak they're getting that concerns me. Who better to be playing than little Charlton if you wanna turn it on, hammer someone and silence your critics. Lets hope I'm wrong!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won't be a cricket score - I think we'll go easy on them.
  • Options
    QPR don't actually score that many, only 3 times this season they've scored more than 2.

I think we can get a draw
  • Options
    Would love a win out of this but wouldnt turn my nose up at a draw against one of the top teams in this division.
  • Options
    Going to be a real battle of nerve now sat
    Ravel Morrison vs flappy bird
    Can ravel manage to outsmart flappy ?? Will need to
    Be on top form to do so me thinks!! Could be a cracker
  • Options
    Remember Doncaster beat QPR at home recently, so we can do it.
    Especially with the new loan signings we are getting today or tomorrow!
    Will Harry let SWP play for us against them. Don't hold your breath!
  • Options
    Cricket score? Derek Underwood 5-11 (ah, those were the days!)
  • Options
    QPR are the biggest 1-0 merchants in the league aren't they?
  • Options
    Cricket score? Rain Stopped Play - howzat!
  • Options
    Yes,we finally prove that we can score goals
  • Options
    Cricket score!!! Not a chance. You are totally overrating them