Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else fearing a cricket score on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    drewman said:

The difference in quality between the two squads is frightening. Rangers need a result and I think they could notch six or seven. I do wonder why we are about as likely to get ravel Morrison in on loan as we are to bring super Clive out of retirement?

your school cricket team must have been absolute dogshit if you think 6 or 7 is a cricket score!

facewithasmile
  • Options
    They're on a poor run of form without Austin (2 defeats and 1 draw in their last 3), I would be stunned if it was a big score!

Obviously, player-wise, they're on a different level to us but I'm optimistic we'll get a result.
  • Options
    On paper, QPR are massive favourites. So we will win.

This is Charlton, after all!
  • Options
    Surely all the players and staff will be rejuvenated by the Roland press conference !
  • Options
    Yeah and a Brendon Mccullum score not an england top 5 type of score.
    If QPR don't roll us over and all take turns at our french farce "keeper" they've only got themselves to blame. Charlie Austin must be rubbing his hands together and looking up what scoring records he can break. Harry might only be at Loftus Road to relieve their no clue owner of a mill or 2 but he's forgotten more than Powelly looks like he's ever gonna know about winning matches. I'll only be there cos I've got a deeply sick fascination for watching pony teams getting rogered.
    Keep smilin'
  • Options
    If we're using cricket analogies, then our pitch is like one of the uncovered, sticky tracks that deadly Derek Underwood would work his magic on!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    We will win 1-0 with a Pete the Pole wonderstrike!

He's our Charlie Austin
  • Options
    I really don't think we'll get 6 or 7 goals.
  • Options

We will win 1-0 with a Pete the Pole wonderstrike!

He's our Charlie Austin

Does he exist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will there be a live stream (TV wise not one running across the pitch) of this one? I know QPR stream home games to their huge Malaysian fan base - not sure about away games tho'
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2014
    QPR are not really that kind of team if they get to 0-2 they are likely to take the foot of the gas and allow Charlton to huff and puff. If QPR do not get promoted this season, they may be in trouble with FFP. They have seriously overspent.
  • Options
    It will be a cricket score - Zummerzet v Worcestershire sauce, 1979 in ye olde Benson and Hedges Cup. 1 for 0 dec.
  • Options
    We've got this easy
  • Options
    You never know, if someone shoots we may get a lucky deflection. If someone attacks the area, we may get a penalty. It's football, anything can happen and we're overdue a bit of luck. We didn't think we'd smash Cardiff last season or beat Leicester this season. You guys need to get right behind them from the outset.
  • Options
    69 for 2.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If you are that confident @drewman stick some serious wedge on 0-7 but before you take the odds ask yourself the question 'is this really going to happen'. Maybe but unlikely, in the words of NLA.......grow some balls :0)
  • Options
    I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would have serious money on QPR to win 1-0. I'm usually wrong however...
  • Options
    Today is our game of the season
    Everyone at the Valley will be up for this game and we will win. Gut feeling by the odd goal but I would not be suppressed if we win by 2 or more.
    QPR are beatable lets get at them right from the start.
    Today is our day.
  • Options
    Sordell for a hat-trick.
    One with the left, one with the right, one with the head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    worst cricket match ever
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Today is our game of the season
    Everyone at the Valley will be up for this game and we will win. Gut feeling by the odd goal but I would not be suppressed if we win by 2 or more.
    QPR are beatable lets get at them right from the start.
    Today is our day.

That has to be one of the best feel good games of our season. Nobody would have thought we'd win today. Today was a day for all to savour. That's win number one. Can't wait for the rest.
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

On paper, QPR are massive favourites. So we will win.

This is Charlton, after all!

Fancy predicting tonight's lottery numbers while you're at it? :-)
  • Options

I was talking to a QPR supporting friend yesterday and he says that without Charlie Austin he can't see where they will get goals from and he had a horrible feeling that Charlton would nick it. I Hope he's right.

QPR's top scorers (all comps) - Austin with 15 goals. Second top scorer is Matt Phillips (with 3) and he is out too. Joint third top scorer Barton (with 2) is also out.

Doyle has 5 in total but 3 of those came in League 1 playing for Wolves. I would expect Church to get more than that playing at that level ;-)

In the last three matches. all with Austin out, QPR have lost two and drawn one.
    Your mate was right and the stats don't lie. They offered virtually nil by way of a goal threat.
  • Options
    Was never going to be a cricket score, they have not scored enough all season. This afternoon summed them up, load of names, 1 chance on target, will be lucky to make the play offs
  • Options
    It was a cricket score, but just one from the first over of the game
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Was never going to be a cricket score, they have not scored enough all season. This afternoon summed them up, load of names, 1 chance on target, will be lucky to make the play offs

Did they have one on target? must have missed it!
  • Options
    1-0? The most boring cricket match ever. Powell out.........................
  • Options
    I am a big man and hold my hands up glad I was proved wrong
    Well done Powell and the boys