Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sochi men's curling final

GB vs Canada, starts at 130 and is probably our best chance to get another gold. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Comments

• Options
    Sweden win bronze!
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be great if, following Andy Murray's Olympic Gold, David Murdoch won a Winter Olympic Gold too, bearing in mind the tragedies that took place in the towns where they grew up?

For those that don't know, Andy Murray went to school in Dunblane and survived the gun massacre there; David Murdoch grew up in Lockerbie and saw PanAm Flight 103 hit the ground.
  • Options
    I really hope they can do it, I wonder if motivation is difficult because even if they lose they've done tremendously well to achieve silver.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I really hope they can do it, I wonder if motivation is difficult because even if they lose they've done tremendously well to achieve silver.

"You don't win silver, you lose gold"

• Options
    Good luck to them. Personally i find it a little dull so i record it and watch the last four stones of each end.
  • Options
    I've tried to get into it but I still prefer the ice hockey and that doesn't come more tasty than the semi final line up: Canada v USA and Finland v Sweden
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Chizz said:

Wouldn't it be great if, following Andy Murray's Olympic Gold, David Murdoch won a Winter Olympic Gold too, bearing in mind the tragedies that took place in the towns where they grew up?

For those that don't know, Andy Murray went to school in Dunblane and survived the gun massacre there; David Murdoch grew up in Lockerbie and saw PanAm Flight 103 hit the ground.

Absolutely. I think it's fantastic that a third world country like Scotland can battle through all of the hardships and still produce some great sporting hero's.

Well done Scotland for making the best of it!!
  • Options
    Not the best start: 0-2 down already, and it could have been worse!
  • Options
    Thought they looked very nervous at the start - sadly they are getting hammered...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Already thrown this away. 5-1 down after only three rounds with seven still to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nailed on silver.
  • Options
    Well, that's really blown it...
  • Options
    Game over. Too much time spent out on the sauce yesterday, based on the interview with Murdoch yesterday. Took their eye off the hammer so to speak.
  • Options
    never played the game myself so I don't want to sound critical, but looks like they've blown it now - surely they should have just got as many stones in the ring during that last end & let the Canadians remove them The fact they actually LOST that end having had the hammer is criminal.
  • Options
    Golden generation of curling have failed us again.
  • Options
    Losers
  • Options
    Bloody jocks... ;-)
  • Options
    I was hoping for a bit of online commentary. What the hell does RedMidland do during the week?
  • Options
    Just turned it off - too painful to watch. Where's that thread about cricket scores?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm no expert but it looks to me like we're getting our arses kicked.
  • Options
    Handshakes after the eighth end. 9-3 lol
  • Options
    British men ... sexists ... never sweep at home
  • Options
    Are they Team Scotland now then ?
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited February 2014
    At least Steve Cram was positive in the commentary. Called it embarrassing. Wonder if he thinks his silver at the Olympics was embarrassing?
  • Options
    No shame losing to the Canadians. Had a great Olympics. Well done you Brits
  • Options

Its not losing that's the problem, its how you lose. I hope a previous poster's comment about the GB team being out on the lash the night before was a joke.......very unprofessional if they were & deserve to lose. You don't see Mo Farah or Usain Bolt getting p****d up when they win the semi final - they wait until after the final & the comp has finished & then they relax.
  • Options

Its not losing that's the problem, its how you lose. I hope a previous poster's comment about the GB team being out on the lash the night before was a joke.......very unprofessional if they were & deserve to lose. You don't see Mo Farah or Usain Bolt getting p****d up when they win the semi final - they wait until after the final & the comp has finished & then they relax.
    I'd love to see how athletic you are. I've never known someone to be so critical when it comes to sport.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I'd love to see how athletic you are. I've never known someone to be so critical when it comes to sport.
    He would show you all his medals and cups, except he ate them.

• Options

I wasn't being critical & I applaud both GB Curling teams for wining medals this week. All I was saying is that someone earlier had said that that they had been out on the lash last night celebrating getting into the final & IF that were true ( and I would doubt it ) then they only have themselves to blame if they were a bit jaded today.