Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell " I will fight to be here "

2»

Comments

• Options
    With recent results CP is not currently in a strong bargaining position. If an offer is on the table, then he may be playing a dangerous game if he is trying to press for better terms. Two or three more losses and he could be out in the cold. I'd be surprised if RD has offered him a new contract with the way things are going. He'd be far more interested in results than sentimentality. I hope he has, but I can't see why he would have.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

fighting to stay in the division, not fighting for his job. Lots of 2+2=6 in this thread.

He's talking about his job there mate quite clearly.

Not at all 'I'm going to fight.... We will all continue to fight' is obviously about relegation and nothing to do with contracts
    You're having me on right. The entire article is clearly about his job and wanting to stay at Charlton.
  • Options
    I have criticised him in the past over sub selection, but got it absolutely spot on today. AA and Tudgay turned the game around when they came on.
  • Options
    Why was he sitting in the dugout at the end? Looked tearful..
  • Options
    And we will fight to keep you! Powell is the future! They all turned up today and fought tooth and nail... now we need to go on a run and really show that powell with all the challenges hes had can still pull a rabbit out ... Hes one of us FFS....
  • Options
    He got everything absolutely spot on today & I'm just so pleased for him and everybody who worked so hard to get that brilliant result. Shame on all the idiots still calling for his head. You've lost all credibility today.
  • Options
    As I've said many times before, when he makes positive substitutions, they invariably pay off. When he is negative we get punished. Harriot, Astrid and Tudgay came on in good time to affect the game and they all made a huge impact.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    says on his post match interview unfortunately that nothing is imminent, they have had talks but doesn't sound too optimistic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He got everything absolutely spot on today & I'm just so pleased for him and everybody who worked so hard to get that brilliant result. Shame on all the idiots still calling for his head. You've lost all credibility today.

Was you at the game. Do you pay good money to go to the Valley every week to watch poor quality football because I do and that is the only reason why I am an idiot not back I want Powell out
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz touché
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2014
    Vincent said:

Was you at the game. Do you pay good money to go to the Valley every week to watch poor quality football because I do and that is the only reason why I am an idiot not back I want Powell out
    I support the club, not the quality of football. Results matter.*

*To amend a well known phrase from the APs

• Options
    WSS said:

Vincent said:

I support the club, not the quality of football. Results matter.*

The results this season have been poor so what is your point

I support the club by buying a season ticket
    I support the team vocally
    I have swept the terraces
    I have cleaned seats
    I have painted walls
    But I ain't going to w

*To amend a well known phrase from the APs

• Options
    My point is, is that now that we won a game it's the quality of the football that is important to you not the results. I'm sure if the quality of football improved and we won it would move onto not scoring enough goals or not having enough clean sheets or not having a pass completion rate of 99%...
  • Options
    I Powell I still trust
  • Options
    WSS said:

My point is, is that now that we won a game it's the quality of the football that is important to you not the results. I'm sure if the quality of football improved and we won it would move onto not scoring enough goals or not having enough clean sheets or not having a pass completion rate of 99%...

WSS said:

WSS said:

The reason I have spent nearly all my life watching and playing football is the unpredictability which comes with each game. You to try and cover a bad point have to go to silly extremes to try and cover yourself.
    If you are so right why were there so few Charlton supporters at the Valley yesterday

• Options
    All gone quiet on any contract talks.
  • Options
    SCP probably read the BBC sport article about Duchatelet passing on his best players to Liege
  • Options
    Powell will not be here next Season as the Manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Powell will not be here next Season as the Manager.

What information are you basing that statement on?

And are you saying "he won't be employed by Charlton" or "He will be employed but not as manager"?
  • Options
    I also feel that SCP does not feature in RD's plans. I think we might get more of a steer from the interview on Late Kick Off tonight. If true, pretty bad timing with the big match looming. Typical Charlton all round really. I have a feeling we will be cursing the day Josh Harris stepped away from his planned takeover. Hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    Let's see if the team he selects and tactics he uses indicate that he's fighting to be here - I'm to be convinced until I see it on Sunday
  • Options
    Would you be shocked if he left out Poyet ?