Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POWELL MUST GO

OUT AND GET SMASHED TONIGHT

Comments

• Options
    I knew this was going to be a joke thread, I knew and yet I was not disappointed.
  • Options
    I presume there will be a follow up thread...

POWELL OUT!!!

For a meal with his wife....
  • Options
    Yes, well done paddy...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    .... Get a pen and sign that contract
  • Options

POWELL OUT!!!

What next? 'Powell out out (he only popped out, now he's out out)'
  • Options

POWELL OUT!!!

What next? 'Powell out out (he only popped out, now he's out out)'
    Lol Micky Flanagan in disguise
  • Options
    jeez, what is it with you powell lovers that you have to have so many threads after our bi-monthly win? He seems to have got his only decent decisions from here about earlier subs, which worked today, he would normally wait until we are behind and 5 minutes left before being mildly decisive. great win today and we are all happy with that, but no need to suck him off again for one win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options

POWELL OUT!!!

he's going up the OXO Tower, although McCormack might already be there...
  • Options
    edited February 2014

jeez, what is it with you powell lovers that you have to have so many threads after our bi-monthly win? He seems to have got his only decent decisions from here about earlier subs, which worked today, he would normally wait until we are behind and 5 minutes left before being mildly decisive. great win today and we are all happy with that, but no need to suck him off again for one win.

I suppose they are trying to balance it out with the amount of serious Powell-out threads that regularly appear.

• Options

Hes Charlton and hes a blinder, with what he has had to deal with this season he's done brilliantly, and now we are on the up ... you watch you be eating those words... with salt and pepper and a garnish of spiced chilly....
  • Options
    Some (most) of us know he is still leaning his trade, but that it would be a disaster to lose him. Having a manager who is so loved - as long as he is decent - can get you a long way IMO. And Powell is more than decent. With a game on Monday, and the emotional energy expended, I suspect he had an early night so post should have read POWELL IN.......bed!!!
  • Options
    Powell out to right
    Worse game I have seen this season and not a shot on target by either side until 90 minutes were up.
  • Options

POWELL OUT!!!

If do lets hope he does not tweet about it
  • Options

Some (most) of us know he is still leaning his trade, but that it would be a disaster to lose him. Having a manager who is so loved - as long as he is decent - can get you a long way IMO. And Powell is more than decent. With a game on Monday, and the emotional energy expended, I suspect he had an early night so post should have read POWELL IN.......bed!!!

Still learning his trade, well he will need a trade after we sack him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I am starting to think RD is not stupid and will have identified Powell as an asset - he won't sack him :) I am starting to see how RDs plan can come together.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Amazing ..... funniest comment of the day ... So many moaners everywhere... I wouldnt want these lot around me in a relegation fight... Id get rid of them ... Cnat even be happy when we win ...
  • Options
    Everyone is happy with the win
    But seeing that it has been so long coming maybe some have forgot how to enjoy it.
    They will get more used it when we win again tomorrow
  • Options
    What absolute and total twaddle!

CP got his tactics right and his substitutions and we saw an exciting team beginning to gel.
    Vincent said:

Powell out to right
    Worse game I have seen this season and not a shot on target by either side until 90 minutes were up.

• Options
    IAgree said:

CP got his tactics right and his substitutions and we saw an exciting team beginning to gel.

So you are easily pleased good luck to you.
    What do you think has been the worse game this season
    Apart from the last 4 minutes tell what you found so exciting

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Perhaps you should stick to watching the Eurovision song contest ...
  • Options
    I love this entire forum - especially on a Sunday morning! If you need a giggle and cheering up, just sign in to CL and have a look at everyone getting castigated for having an opinion - pro or anti! Pure genius and great value for money at zero English money pounds. Keep it up as it sets me up for the day, always. ;-)
  • Options
    Firstly I am not easy to please so try not to generalise with your own intransigent position as a base.

Secondly I like on-the-deck passing football and both sides were playing such. The first half was finely balanced and the second half opened up progressively with some good attacking football from both sides. The goal was deserved and reflected a Manager apparently improving in key areas and a team that actually looks exciting and as if it is beginning to gel.

Thirdly I can think of many games this season which were much worse!

Fourthly, I like CP but do think he is still developing. Today he made it look easy and showed that he can step up.

Finally we won! We are a point behind Millwall with three games in hand! We can stay up!

Your posts are quite odd for a Charlton supporter to be honest.

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

• Options

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

IAgree said:

Firstly I am not easy to please so try not to generalise with your own intransigent position as a base.

Secondly I like on-the-deck passing football and both sides were playing such. The first half was finely balanced and the second half opened up progressively with some good attacking football from both sides. The goal was deserved and reflected a Manager apparently improving in key areas and a team that actually looks exciting and as if it is beginning to gel.

Fourthly, I like CP but do think he is still developing. Today he made it look easy and showed that he can step up.

Finally we won! We are a point behind Millwall with three games in hand! We can stay up!

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Facts
    Our first shot on target came after 90 minutes.
    There was a lot of passes that went astray and when you only have 34 per cent possession it is hard to see where the quality football was.
    Powell made two substitutions after 64 minutes so he gets it right for the first time in a long time.
    There was some very good individual performances Morrison, Jackson and Poyet stood out for me but as a team overall poor. QPR even worse.
    Just over 14000 Charlton supporters in attendance says a lot about the way we are playing this season.
    As a Charlton supporter I find your comments strange. First win this year and we have an exciting team beginning to gel again I think you are easy to please
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Facts
    Our first shot on target came after 90 minutes.
    There was a lot of passes that went astray and when you only have 34 per cent possession it is hard to see where the quality football was.
    Powell made two substitutions after 64 minutes so he gets it right for the first time in a long time.
    There was some very good individual performances Morrison, Jackson and Poyet stood out for me but as a team overall poor. QPR even worse.
    Just over 14000 Charlton supporters in attendance says a lot about the way we are playing this season.
    As a Charlton supporter I find your comments strange. First win this year and we have an exciting team beginning to gel again I think you are easy to please
    Sorry Rafa, but that isn't a fact. Reza had a header on target.