Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POWELL MUST GO

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yeah yeah yeah - no point arguing with you really is there?

The vast majority of true supporters were pleased yesterday - Sorry you weren't
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right
    Worse game I have seen this season and not a shot on target by either side until 90 minutes were up.

Perhaps you should stick to watching the Eurovision song contest ...
    IAgree said:

Firstly I am not easy to please so try not to generalise with your own intransigent position as a base.

Secondly I like on-the-deck passing football and both sides were playing such. The first half was finely balanced and the second half opened up progressively with some good attacking football from both sides. The goal was deserved and reflected a Manager apparently improving in key areas and a team that actually looks exciting and as if it is beginning to gel.

Thirdly I can think of many games this season which were much worse!

Fourthly, I like CP but do think he is still developing. Today he made it look easy and showed that he can step up.

Finally we won! We are a point behind Millwall with three games in hand! We can stay up!

Your posts are quite odd for a Charlton supporter to be honest.

Vincent said:

Some (most) of us know he is still leaning his trade, but that it would be a disaster to lose him. Having a manager who is so loved - as long as he is decent - can get you a long way IMO. And Powell is more than decent. With a game on Monday, and the emotional energy expended, I suspect he had an early night so post should have read POWELL IN.......bed!!!

Still learning his trade, well he will need a trade after we sack him
    Vincent said:

IAgree said:

What absolute and total twaddle!

CP got his tactics right and his substitutions and we saw an exciting team beginning to gel.

So you are easily pleased good luck to you.
    What do you think has been the worse game this season
    Apart from the last 4 minutes tell what you found so exciting

Vincent said:

Powell out to right
    Worse game I have seen this season and not a shot on target by either side until 90 minutes were up.

Facts
    Our first shot on target came after 90 minutes.
    There was a lot of passes that went astray and when you only have 34 per cent possession it is hard to see where the quality football was.
    Powell made two substitutions after 64 minutes so he gets it right for the first time in a long time.
    There was some very good individual performances Morrison, Jackson and Poyet stood out for me but as a team overall poor. QPR even worse.
    Just over 14000 Charlton supporters in attendance says a lot about the way we are playing this season.
    As a Charlton supporter I find your comments strange. First win this year and we have an exciting team beginning to gel again I think you are easy to please
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

IAgree said:

Firstly I am not easy to please so try not to generalise with your own intransigent position as a base.

Secondly I like on-the-deck passing football and both sides were playing such. The first half was finely balanced and the second half opened up progressively with some good attacking football from both sides. The goal was deserved and reflected a Manager apparently improving in key areas and a team that actually looks exciting and as if it is beginning to gel.

Fourthly, I like CP but do think he is still developing. Today he made it look easy and showed that he can step up.

Finally we won! We are a point behind Millwall with three games in hand! We can stay up!

Vincent said:

Some (most) of us know he is still leaning his trade, but that it would be a disaster to lose him. Having a manager who is so loved - as long as he is decent - can get you a long way IMO. And Powell is more than decent. With a game on Monday, and the emotional energy expended, I suspect he had an early night so post should have read POWELL IN.......bed!!!

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

CP got his tactics right and his substitutions and we saw an exciting team beginning to gel.

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Facts
    There was a lot of passes that went astray and when you only have 34 per cent possession it is hard to see where the quality football was.
    Powell made two substitutions after 64 minutes so he gets it right for the first time in a long time.
    There was some very good individual performances Morrison, Jackson and Poyet stood out for me but as a team overall poor. QPR even worse.
    Just over 14000 Charlton supporters in attendance says a lot about the way we are playing this season.
    As a Charlton supporter I find your comments strange. First win this year and we have an exciting team beginning to gel again I think you are easy to please
    Sorry Rafa, but that isn't a fact. Reza had a header on target.
    Gillis I said first shot on target but I know where you were going with the header.
    Still 1 effort on target in 90 minutes at home is poor poor and poor.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Gillis said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Facts
    Gillis I said first shot on target but I know where you were going with the header.
    Not when it's the winning goal. I would take one chance, one goal every game, if it means 3 points
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Vincent said:

Gillis said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Facts
    Not when it's the winning goal. I would take one chance, one goal every game, if it means 3 points
    If ever there was a quote stating the bleeding obvious then it was this.
    If you would be happy with 1 shot 1 goal every game you must have no interest in Football what's so ever. I bet you watched every game Arsenal played under George Graham and loved every minute
  • Options
    Vincent said:

shirty5 said:

Vincent said:

Gillis said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

IAgree said:

Vincent said:

Powell out to right

Facts
    If ever there was a quote stating the bleeding obvious then it was this.
    If you would be happy with 1 shot 1 goal every game you must have no interest in Football what's so ever. I bet you watched every game Arsenal played under George Graham and loved every minute
    Post of the year
  • Options

jeez, what is it with you powell lovers that you have to have so many threads after our bi-monthly win? He seems to have got his only decent decisions from here about earlier subs, which worked today, he would normally wait until we are behind and 5 minutes left before being mildly decisive. great win today and we are all happy with that, but no need to suck him off again for one win.

Makes a change from the Powell out Threads that happen every week which seemed to have a week off or those Powell out people must be on holiday
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

To beat a premiership quality laden, 3rd in the table outfit when you are third from bottom with a team that has been forced on you with your main players sold from under you, with a strange multi cub stable operation going on in the background, trying to get new players to gel, under massive pressure, and limiting them to zero shots on target .... is an achievement... unless your a muppet... in which case its a reason to have a moan...

I clicked "Like" on this post. Because there was no "Best Post This Year" option.
  • Options
    Did I miss something, didn't we hit the post twice, seems to have been forgotten about?
  • Options

Did I miss something, didn't we hit the post twice, seems to have been forgotten about?

hitting the post does not equate to a shot on target. In fact, by definition, a shot that hits the post cannot be on target!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    mascot88 said:

To beat a premiership quality laden, 3rd in the table outfit when you are third from bottom with a team that has been forced on you with your main players sold from under you, with a strange multi cub stable operation going on in the background, trying to get new players to gel, under massive pressure, and limiting them to zero shots on target .... is an achievement... unless your a muppet... in which case its a reason to have a moan...

How many games did we win with our best players before they were sold and what was
    Chizz said:

hitting the post does not equate to a shot on target. In fact, by definition, a shot that hits the post cannot be on target!

Sheff W can hit the post all night long tomorrow as far as I am concerned as you say it counts for nothing
  • Options
    And QPR had none.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Disagree, as otherwise shots that go in off the post would count as being off target, despite being a goal. That's just counter-intuitive.
  • Options
    I think it hardly matters if hitting the post is counted as off target or on target. The only stat that matters is goals for and goals against.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

Disagree, as otherwise shots that go in off the post would count as being off target, despite being a goal. That's just counter-intuitive.
    A shot that goes in off the post is "on target". (In the same way that a golf shot that hits the flag and goes in, counts as being sunk).

A shot that hits the post and does not go in is "off target". (In the same way that a golf shot that hits the flag and bounces out is not sunk).

The easiest way to think about it is to consider whether the player is trying to hit the frame (usually he's not) or the space within the frame (usually he is).

• Options
    Vincent said:

mascot88 said:

How many games did we win with our best players before they were sold and what was
    Chizz said:

not many, however its still something that can create unrest, and its still something that several other managers have walked for, and in some cases(curbs) sued for...

How many ways can you find a way to moan after a great last minute win?