Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attendance v QPR

I thought the attendance for yesterday was poor given that Rangers sold their end out.
Worrying in my view that we could not reach 20000 for a game of this importance, even it is had been live on the box I would have expected a much larger crowd

Comments

• Options
    Not sure really - people like to go to games where they think they will see a win. Yesterday's game, on paper, looked a 'nailed on' loss - so many might think twice and wait for Barnsley...
  • Options
    Don't reckon we will get a 20k gate this season
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Tickets were also £24-£30 adults. That's probably worth about £7.5k extra from the away fans, but is likely to give some home fans pause for thought.

Realistically, if we're selling 2-3,000 home matchday tickets normally, we are not suddenly going to sell 5-6,000 for QPR at higher prices, especially when we've won three home League games out of 13 and the pitch is a big obstacle to an entertaining match.

Even if we do really well between now and the end of the season, the only way you'll see a 20,000 Championship crowd at The Valley between now and the end of April is with bundles of cheap or free tickets - or maybe linked to purchase for an FA Cup semi-final!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Cheerful soul, aren't you Vinny?

fook me Mr Gloomy is at it again..

• Options
    Off_it said:

Do I take it you were happy with the attendance then.
    Everyone who posts on here love the club so is our dwindling support of no concern
  • Options
    Not bad for a team fighting to stay out of div 3
  • Options
    What was so special about yesterdays match that would atract an extra 3000 Charlton fans? but then you have given reasons on other threads, mainly the type of football we play and the manager etc
  • Options

Don't reckon we will get a 20k gate this season

Until we get to Wembley of course!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

What was so special about yesterdays match that would atract an extra 3000 Charlton fans? but then you have given reasons on other threads, mainly the type of football we play and the manager etc

Little fact of it being a Derby and top 3 side. Again do you think 14000 home fans was good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincent said:

Dansk_Red said:

Little fact of it being a Derby and top 3 side. Again do you think 14000 home fans was good
    There was a Derby game in Yorkshire yesterday that attacted less than 17000.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Everyone who posts on here love the club so is our dwindling support of no concern
    With all that's going on mate the attendance is the least of our concerns.

If, as you say, you're a supporter of long standing then you would know that. Compared to most other attendances we would've have at the bottom of the second tier in your time then I would say it is probably pretty good.

You'll just have to find something else to have a downer about I'm afraid. How was the half time catering?
    All the hard work that went into building this club is now disappearing but so what as for half time sorry no catering requirements before and after for me, although I did not have to queue for the toilet
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Vincent said:

Dansk_Red said:

There was a Derby game in Yorkshire yesterday that attacted less than 17000.
    How that helps us I do not know
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

If, as you say, you're a supporter of long standing then you would know that. Compared to most other attendances we would've have at the bottom of the second tier in your time then I would say it is probably pretty good.

You'll just have to find something else to have a downer about I'm afraid. How was the half time catering?
    All the hard work that went into building this club is now disappearing but so what as for half time sorry no catering requirements before and after for me, although I did not have to queue for the toilet
    Well, there's a positive then!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

;-)
    Due to a very perceptive cameraman covering our game for the BBC yesterday I was in clear view at the end of the game clapping Powell and the boys off.
    There was a huge smile on my face and I have been contacted today by people who spotted me. Resulting in my reputation as being the most miserable Charlton supporter ever in tatters.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

;-)
    Due to a very perceptive cameraman covering our game for the BBC yesterday I was in clear view at the end of the game clapping Powell and the boys off.
    There was a huge smile on my face and I have been contacted today by people who spotted me. Resulting in my reputation as being the most miserable Charlton supporter ever in tatters.
    But your reputation as a crushing bore remains firmly intact.

Coming from you that is a real compliment
    Now bedtime story and sleep
  • Options
    Ok Vincent please do tell us the solution, this was our third highest gate of the season excluding the Wigan game (Leeds 17601), (Brighton 17404), so yesterdays gate should have come as no suprise. We had less than 12000 at the Millwall game.
  • Options
    Millwall say no more
    It was our biggest game of the season and I was disappointed with the attendance I don't have nor should I need to have the solution but want to see us grow before West Ham swallow us up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

I bet that boiled your piss?

• Options
    Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

;-)
    Gutted for you mate!
    ;-)
  • Options

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Great how long did it take for you to come up with.
  • Options
    We have got two years then, not much time to grow unless we get promoted which in my opinion will not happen before West Ham move to their public subsidiesed stadium
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

We have got two years then, not much time to grow unless we get promoted which in my opinion will not happen before West Ham move to their public subsidiesed stadium

You are right and we should be concerned by the impact this will have not on our loyal support but drifters and supporters of the future.
  • Options
    Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Quite quickly really. Think people need to cheer up a bit, mid 90s we used to get excited with crowds of 12,000. For a relatively small club our home support is pretty good, the away support on the other hand...

• Options

Vincent said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Vincent said:

Off_it said:

Quite quickly really. Think people need to cheer up a bit, mid 90s we used to get excited with crowds of 12,000. For a relatively small club our home support is pretty good, the away support on the other hand...

I love match day. Win lose or draw good drink before and after the game.
    Good chat about all things Charlton and life in general. Get behind Powell and the team and have a good laugh with all the people who sit around us.
    When discussing all things Charlton will criticise all the negatives and praise the positive. Not much positive this season and this reflects on my views of Powell.
    Powell's love children will have not a bad word said against him just say all will come good, but I base my opinions on the now and the performances and results this season and that is why so many have me on their ignore list and this will not change for a long time to come.
  • Options
    I see we've moved on from the attendance. There's a shock.
    By the way, this habit you have of suggesting that someone is a child because they dare to disagree with you makes you come across as a real dick.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I was going to go but the price was too low so I assumed it was not going to be very good.

And I was in Welsh Wales.

And my Mrs wouldn't have let me go anyway.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I see we've moved on from the attendance. There's a shock.
    By the way, this habit you have of suggesting that someone is a child because they dare to disagree with you makes you come across as a real dick.

Child by the way they talk I.e real dick not because they disagree.
    Replying to left foots people need to cheer up. My post before with dansk was about attendances or lack of.