Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cort and solly

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
When will Leon cort and Chris solly be fit again?

Comments

• Options
    Solly told me on Saturday that he is at least 10-12 weeks away from coming back. Not even seen Cort for ages
  • Options
    Probably best we write Solly off for this season, and get him right for next.
  • Options
    Wow, next season then realistically for solly.
  • Options
    I'm very sad to say but I doubt we are going to be able to rely on Chris to play for any prolonged periods.
  • Options
    Sadly, I think both are very close to the end of their careers.....................
  • Options
    Hate to say this but when I first heard how close Solly's injury was th Ledley King's I said that was the end for him,
    Althpugh he has played 1 game since then I now fear the worst for him.

So young as well.
  • Options
    Gutted for him, we've not had much luck either with this kinda thing... Hunt, mendonca and rufus were huge losses for us in similar circumstances.
  • Options
    Gary Rowett too!
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Gutted for him, we've not had much luck either with this kinda thing... Hunt, mendonca and rufus were huge losses for us in similar circumstances.

And Rowett.
  • Options

Gary Rowett too!

and Gary Poole

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fear that Solly may never play again, which is footballing tragedy, Cort might not recover either, but he has at least had a decent carreer in football.
  • Options
    and Matty Holmes
  • Options
    Sadly it looks that way. Great shame, especially for Solly.
  • Options

shine166 said:

And Rowett.
    Yer theres deffinitley more, I was just thinking of a batch that effected the same generational team... those 3 were a huge loss with a couple of seasons. Also with the greatest respect to Poole and Rowett, they were no super clive Rufus or Hunt or Solly
  • Options
    He's young still (23). It may take some time but hopefully they can sort something. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Did they give him the new 4 year contract before the latest injury setback?
  • Options
    Protection on the insurance mate
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

And Rowett.
    Yer theres deffinitley more, I was just thinking of a batch that effected the same generational team... those 3 were a huge loss with a couple of seasons. Also with the greatest respect to Poole and Rowett, they were no super clive Rufus or Hunt or Solly
    Cory Gibbs is the patron saint of this conversation
  • Options
    So cruel for Solly, such a good player, who would definitely go on to big things if he could stay fit. Feel so bad for him.
  • Options
    Solly will be back for the cup final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Chris is going to retire very shortly. Very very sad.
  • Options
    What is his injury?
  • Options

Jimenez and Slater must have known the extent of Solly's injury before they gave him a 4-year deal. Out of character from them, but a nice thing to do in the circumstances, but another thing I expect RD and KM were not best pleased about when they took the reigns. Get fit soon Chris.

That was probably more for insurance, than giving Solly a secure wage.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Jimenez and Slater must have known the extent of Solly's injury before they gave him a 4-year deal. Out of character from them, but a nice thing to do in the circumstances, but another thing I expect RD and KM were not best pleased about when they took the reigns. Get fit soon Chris.

Surely the insurance wouldn't count it it was pre-existing?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Agreed. Security and insurance for both parties.
  • Options

shine166 said:

Im only guessing but a payout would be more with a 4 year improved deal, than 12 months with peck wages.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Im only guessing but a payout would be more with a 4 year improved deal, than 12 months with peck wages.
    You cannot insure for a pre existing condition as has been suggested earlier. They could have given him a thousand year contract and it would not make a jot of difference. I'm sure everyone would love their motives be some nefarious plan to make money out of his broken knees, but it isn't the case no matter how many times you repeat it.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

You cannot insure for a pre existing condition as has been suggested earlier. They could have given him a thousand year contract and it would not make a jot of difference. I'm sure everyone would love their motives be some nefarious plan to make money out of his broken knees, but it isn't the case no matter how many times you repeat it.
    That is absolutely not true. Of course you can insure for pre-existing conditions and I have such insurance myself. It just means you pay a higher premium.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Ok, so in your theory the people that were running the club into the ground decided to give an injured player a new contract... but not a single squad fit player out of pure generosity ? Like Dubai Pete says, you can insure it justs costs more.