Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year

Comments

• Options

Cousins but could be a late push for Poyet, especially if we stay up.

Another who could make a late push is AA. I've been really impressed with what I've seen of him so far.
    I thought and voiced this the other day... I reckon for him to win it might be too late although I could see him in the top three

He's certainly a future winner though
  • Options
    Poyet could still win the young player of the year award though
  • Options
    don't see how really you can consider giving it to someone who has played less than even twenty games. Alnwick? LOL. It's Player of The Season, there is a clue in that, not best Player Since Xmas. In the context of that you can't look past Wilson.
  • Options

don't see how really you can consider giving it to someone who has played less than even twenty games. Alnwick? LOL. It's Player of The Season, there is a clue in that, not best Player Since Xmas. In the context of that you can't look past Wilson.

So Wilson wins by default?
  • Options
    Wilson for me to.
  • Options
    Wilson here too
  • Options
    To early to say.
    Hoping it's a striker who goes on a goal fest till the end of the season.
  • Options

Cousins but could be a late push for Poyet, especially if we stay up.

Another who could make a late push is AA. I've been really impressed with what I've seen of him so far.
    I thought and voiced this the other day... I reckon for him to win it might be too late although I could see him in the top three

He's certainly a future winner though
    Only a future winner if we sign him on a full time basis not just a loan
  • Options
    Wilson
  • Options

Wilson for me at the moment. Been the most consistant player this season and had a number of outstanding games. For Poyet to nick it off him Diego would have to play well every game and Lawrie implode. Also would be gratifying for a player written off by many far too early to win it.

And the fact that, having been released by us, he had the will power to fight his way back from Non League to the Championship. Not many do that and to come back to the Club where it all started to prove himself is an accolade in itself.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the moment it's Wilson but I think eventually it will be either Cousins or Poyet.
  • Options
    Stephens or Yann
  • Options
    For me Wilson is a long way ahead of anyone else for POTY. He has filled in at RB and done a sterling job and when played in his natural position further forward he has given us balance and is a real attacking threat. Cousins is best young player as Poyet probably will not have played enough games to oust him IMO (unless Jordan goes into meltdown.)

How fantastic it would be if next season our central midfield had those two in position.
  • Options
    Currently:

1. Wilson 2. Cousins 3. Poyet

End of the season (if players keep up the same quality):

1. Poyet 2. Wilson 3. Ajdarevic
  • Options
    Wilson
    Morrison
    Cousins
  • Options
    Can't believe Poyet is getting so many 'votes'. Evidence if needed how much we live in a here and now world.

Morgan Fox for me.
  • Options
    Think it's between Poyet and Dervite now to be honest, although the former just hasnt played enough games for me so Dervite's couple of recent important goals might just be enough to pip Wilson to the post!
  • Options
    Wilson for me.
  • Options
    Has to be Wilson
  • Options
    Poyet will have played around 24 (superb) games and gets my vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 poyet 2 cousins 3 hamer
  • Options
    POTY- Cousins
    YPOTY- Poyet
    Most improved- Wilson
  • Options
    Good to see that there are several contenders in the past few seasons its been pretty cut and dry. Poyet, Hamer, Cousins, Wilson, Dervite all have realistic chances for me.
  • Options
    Poyet for me! What a player!
  • Options
    Morrison has played successive games for ages, Wilson has soldiered on, with goodness knows who will be playing with him next, and Cousins has been consistently very good since his forced introduction when it became clear that Hughes or Gower would not be the answer. It could be that Poyet is our 'best' player, but the other three are in front in my view due to the demands of the major part of the season that they have played. So for me it is:

Wilson
    Cousins
    Morrison
  • Options
    Just based on the pole on CAFC FB page. It's between Jacko and Lawrie for 1st and 2nd and Poyet is in 3rd place.
  • Options
    Wilson certainly for me
  • Options
    Over the season it's hard to argue with Wilson.
  • Options
    surely the club would get improved player performances if there was a system where the winner got a massive bonus. but to not affect team ethic their relations with the team counted towards it aswell
  • Options
    Wilson