Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Christ really hope whoever wrote that pathetic article really needs to step outside and get some fresh air
  • Lol, what planet is that guy from? I'm glad I wasn't watching the same game as him.
  • Sums up his football knowledge at the end by giving Poyet the same score as Green..............
  • It's not a terrible piece, by a fan who is obviously frustrated by their club, but his digs at Charlton are completely unnecessary.

For people with less time on their hands, I've picked out a few enjoyable quotes:

"defeat against one of the most limited sides you could ever hope to play at Charlton on Saturday"

"Even with key injuries, every single one of the QPR players selected on Saturday would walk into the Charlton team"

"game at Loftus Road against the same dreadfully limited opposition before Christmas"

"Yohann Thuram-Ulien... looked like he’d won his place in the team in a raffle"

"Ravel Morrison... His touch was wonderful on a pitch more useful for cultivating potatoes than playing football"

"It would be stretching the criticism too far to say that Charlton deserved to win the game"

"but the Addicks are a very, very basic side with little attacking intent"

"For an experienced centre half to be beaten that easily in the air by a central midfield player from a basic set piece in the last minute of the game rather summed up Aaron Hughes’ afternoon"

"The church is restless" - not related to Simon Church, but I threw it in there anyway.
  • Thought this thread was about that OP fella that constantly posts here
  • I thought it was OK, some great points in there about Rangers having a lot of players but no club.

That is the scenario RD is desperate to avoid.
  • The writer slags off Carroll and Jenas about how useless they are and then says all of the QPR team would walk into our team.

We had two youngsters in the middle of the park that did a fantastic job and have great futures (hopefuly with us, well for a few seasons anyway).
  • They do remember being in League 1 relatively recently dont they? A couple of seasons in the Prem and they think they deserve a bye into the Champions League final!
  • I really thought this was going to be a Sheffield Wednesday thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Disgrace that Redknapp can't take that shower up. They should be embarrassed and, in fairness, the writer sounds it. (Ludicrously long article - I know it's a cliché and so easy to say but - clearly - 'far too much time on his hands.')
  • Agree with Ben the guy says some apt things, but then seems to have the proportionality of a pimpled pubescent. The guy must have missed Benayoun's excellent career at West Ham and Liverpool. He has Redknapp right in his idiotic one man Player Waste Disposal Recycling Unit: Lucky Spurs had a process in place before and after him, which benefited his R.Keane-J.Defoe-P.Crouch round-about acquisition.

If Arsenal fans are the Man U fans of the South, I always found QPR fans to be second rate Man City fans of the South. Delusional, petty minded, and more irate than Jon Belushi on an intervention.

He certainly is delusional if he thinks we'd want hardly any of his players. Charlie Asutin yes, but no point to be made on sat. As much as I used to like Rob Green, there's virtually no case to be made for him on his wages, I'd rather have Hamer or Alnwick. Redknapp's squad is not aluring to anyone near sanity.
  • To be honest, shows how well CP has done with the squad he's got - some of that criticism seems similar to that on here at times (odd tactical choices and lack of threat up front minus the one talisman) but when you look at HR, whose been around a long time, got plenty of contacts and experience, making an absolute cock up of a job with one of the most costly squads the division has seen fro many years doing relatively little better than our own Powell, with barely three years experience, a threadbare squad and a board in the not too recent past who would/could not rub two copper pennies together for transfers... It does make me think I must admit.
  • "Yohann Thuram-Ulien... looked like he’d won his place in the team in a raffle"

Hard to argue.

Yes I agree it is hard to argue with that! However the QPR finishing on Saturday was such that if my Mrs was in goal they would probably not have scored. Zero shots on target against a 'basic' side like Charlton isn't very good is it?

I would be the first to acknowledge our current limitations, but if some of the QPR 'stars' had half the sheer guts and passion of players like Jackson for example, they would be the better for it in my opinion.
  • iaitch said:

The writer slags off Carroll and Jenas about how useless they are and then says all of the QPR team would walk into our team.

We had two youngsters in the middle of the park that did a fantastic job and have great futures (hopefuly with us, well for a few seasons anyway).

Spot on. Two highly rated players at different ends of their careers in Carroll and Jenas were made to look very average by two academy products from plucky little Charlton.
    Given time these two could go on to be something special

• I actually think it's a decent article. Obviously written by someone who cares passionately about what's happening at his club and some of the things he says about us are spot on. This bit sums up QPR perfectly:

"You could say – and you’d be spot on in my opinion – that Fernandes’ “providing everything that’s been asked for” is part of the problem, because all a manager like Harry Redknapp will ever ask for is another signing and short term signings are the last thing QPR need. To have accumulated eight loanees in a league that only permits five to be selected – Benoit Assou Ekotto and Niko Kranjcar sat out altogether on Saturday, leaving God-only-knows how much in weekly wages up in the main stand – is preposterous, but Fernandes and his CEO Phil Beard know barely enough about football to fill the back of a cigarette packet and they are therefore wholly reliant on the football manager for the football input. Fernandes’ apparent surprise that chucking money at the problem, again, hasn’t worked, again, makes a mockery of this idea that QPR have learnt any lessons from last year’s shuttle disaster. QPR have no infrastructure, ethos, identity or clear idea of what they’re doing – and money and attention is permanently directed away from those things towards making more big-name signings. QPR had nobody above the manager with any football knowledge whatsoever last season, and they still don’t"
  • edited February 2014
    The best bit of the weekend was that at one point we had Harriott, Poyet and Cousins in our midfield and if fit we would have had Solly at RB. This is 4 absolute quality players all produced from out academy. Really hope we can bring some more through in the next couple of seasons. What a fantastic academy. Makes me proud to be Charlton. Especially when watching that pile of rubbish QPR served up yesterday, paying £50,000 per week for each of those numptys.
  • Hate everything QPR stand for as a club. The money, Harry Redknapp, their stadium and some of the quietest away fans i've seen at the valley for a long time. They bring nothing to the footballing table, except over paid dross with a crook at the helm.
  • "a pitch more useful for cultivating potatoes than playing football" - hard to argue.

Should improve after the spuds are picked in the Summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry this is QPHaaahaaahaaahaaa we are talking about is it?

Guess you can take a lottery winning one of two ways, with humility and conscious of your good fortune OR in the case of the smallest team in WEST LONDON like a bunch of pricks.

Back in the real world let's hope the fair play rules coming in sort basket cases like QPR out once and for all. Then maybe the average fan of that 2nd division side might be able to get their massive great heads through the turnstiles of their piddly little shite hole of a ground...
  • I thought that while the article was slightly unfair on us, it was on the whole correct. We can hardly complain about the Thuram-Ulien comments, when the Covered End has cheering if he kicked the ball straight, and chanting Hamer's name!

As 11 individuals, virtually all the QPR players would get into our team, but that's the problem they are a team of individuals.

You'd have thought that if you had 7 loan players, then that would be enough, but no Harry gets Morrison in as well. he has no idea what his best team is, or what formation to play them in. Contrast them with Burnley, who have a fraction of QPR's budget.
  • dizzee said:

The best bit of the weekend was that at one point we had Harriott, Poyet and Cousins in our midfield and if fit we would have had Solly at RB. This is 4 absolute quality players all produced from out academy. Really hope we can bring some more through in the next couple of seasons. What a fantastic academy. Makes me proud to be Charlton. Especially when watching that pile of rubbish QPR served up yesterday, paying £50,000 per week for each of those numptys.

And Wilson at RM would have made five? With others, by all accounts, possibly knocking on the door in the next season or so.

• edited February 2014

dizzee said:

And Wilson at RM would have made five? With others, by all accounts, possibly knocking on the door in the next season or so.

Ye but he went off for a bit so it's not quite the same feeling with him, although I do love him.

He used to be shite, but now he's alright....
  • TBF after re-reading the article he does make some good points about his own club and the fact that previous managers have needed time etc. It's the way he dismisses us that pissed me off. "Even without injuries every single QPR player on Saturday would walk into the Charlton side" Maybe it was just said out of sheer frustration but in the cold light of day if he still believes that then he should stop writing articles. Aaron Hughes and Clint Hill! FFS!

• You'd have thought that if you had 7 loan players, then that would be enough, but no Harry gets Morrison in as well. he has no idea what his best team is, or what formation to play them in. Contrast them with Burnley, who have a fraction of QPR's budget.

Their loan situation is a joke, with 2-3 of them sitting in the stands each game but to be fair to Harry i don't think there's too many managers in our league who'd turn down Morrison on loan
  • Maybe every single player in QPR's team would walk into Charltons team as individuals but football is a team game and on Saturday the better TEAM won. All the best teams are better than the sum of its parts. QPR on the other hand are proof that the opposite exists.
  • I think he makes a valid point with all the players coming in and the team chopping and changing every game. At times it can be better to have a smaller squad that gels.

For example look at Burnley, I couldn't name most of their squad but maybe they have a togetherness and team spirit that is lacking at QPR.

It's maybe not a question of signing lots of players but the right players and played in the right position with the right strategy/tactics.
  • You should have heard them on the train back to London.
    They couldn't believe they'd lost to little old Charlton. Perhaps the point they're missing is that, regardless of current league position, they're not a bigger club than us.
    More money, yes; richer history/bigger fanbase, no.
  • To be honest I think some of our "kids" will go on to be better players than most of the QPR team.

They are a miss-match of mercenary footballers only in it for the money, probably technically good (although didn't see much of that Saturday) but luck passion & togetherness (everything we showed on Saturday).

Perhaps the two teams are a reflection of their managers, QPR a group of individual champagne Charlie spoilt little rich kids V Charlton a hard working no thrills team of players with a passion & pride to their work.