Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arrogant & Delusional

2»

Comments

• Having read it I don't think he's that far off even with comments made about Charlton. We are a limited side, and this shows with being one of the teams with the lowest number of goals scored at home. Our pitch is a mess although next season when the drainage is sorted we should have a better playing surface next season. With a squad at Redknapp's disposal they should be doing better than they are and I think he has every right to vent about the state of their team.
  • edited February 2014

TBF after re-reading the article he does make some good points about his own club and the fact that previous managers have needed time etc. It's the way he dismisses us that pissed me off. "Even without injuries every single QPR player on Saturday would walk into the Charlton side" Maybe it was just said out of sheer frustration but in the cold light of day if he still believes that then he should stop writing articles. Aaron Hughes and Clint Hill! FFS!

But then both have recent PL experience, I imagine few neutrals would pick the likes of Michael Morrison, Dervite or Wilson ahead of them?
    On paper a combined side would contain maybe 2 or 3 Charlton players at most. While we have talented youngsters in midfield, Carroll is highly regarded in the game and Ravel M was an outside bet for an England spot a few months ago.
  • This is a perfect example of some twerp with a load of money thinking that he can chuck it about and create wonderful things. In fact it is exactly the opposite of what Roland intends for Charlton, and I for one am already behind his plans for us.
    As for the poor devil who wrote the article, try to imagine that you live in that area, that Loftus Road is YOUR home Ground, that you have to watch Harry counting his millions while your team goes from bad to worse, that your owner is a prat who knows nothing about football. I can understand his enormous frustration, his insults aimed at us are pathetic, in fact the truth is that the lot of them deserve each other, but I feel sorry for the genuine supporters who deserve better. It isn't that far a journey folks !
  • It's days like sat and articles like the above makes u pround to be charlton
  • The irony that Ravel Morrison left Wet Spam to get away from a muggy manager...and goes to QPR where 'Arry is in charge. If that was on the advice of his agent, then maybe he does need to change him.
  • I think the article is too long, much of it is drawn out and he seems to criticise everything and everyone and offer no ideas of how the problems can be solved. The blanket phrase about investing in a long term plan and youth is about as original and useful as it is easy to get right.

I think he is comparing us to the teams they played last season. We are limited, all teams are - including Man City who don't score ten goals every week. It is obviously lost on him that with so many highly respected players teams are going to try to 'hold' QPR this season rather than last season when the Prem sides went out to spank them - and managed it most weeks.

I also think he fails to realise that cost is not a good measure of how a footballer is. Sure their wage bill is higher than ours but he makes the point (yet fails to realise it) that they were lucky to beat us at home earlier this season.

QPR have been tight at the back and have the meanest defense in the division but are only =14th (17th) in terms of goals scored. They are, therefore, a very limited team themselves - rather like us, they need to recon on keeping clean sheets. 37 goals scored in 31 games is very unlikely to be enough even if they are hard to score against. They have only won by two (or more) goals five times this season and only one of those was a three goal margin.

The author expects a lot from a team that has many players earning significantly more than they are worth. I didn't see much on Saturday that I would want to sign permanently for us. I suspect that they are probably top six but not much better than a playoff place and I don't fancy them to win that, to be honest.

Most interesting about the whole piece, however, was that he seems blissfully unaware of just what is going to happen to them if they fail to go up this summer. FFP is, almost certainly, going to prevent them from being able to sign another whole squad, and I don't think they have the right balance in their squad for a successful promotion campaign.

Oh, and Redknapp will do a runner as soon as he is stopped from buying players like they are sweets - after all he's left every club that turned the money off, most of them after spending more than they have ever spent before.
  • It may have already been said, but quite simply, over the years Charlton have always been a "bigger club" than QPR, with the exception of very few seasons.

Now that they've "got" money, it's gone to their head, much as it does with a lot of people when they come into an unexpected pile (ooh er missus).
  • Regardless of the money their owner has they will always be a tinpot club with a subbuteo stadium.
  • It's days like sat and articles like the above makes u pround to be charlton

Absolutely right.

• It's a good piece up until the point he writes about Charlton. He has no clue what he's talking about regards to our club.

No point in giving the player marks for our team to not take.it seriously just give everyone a 6. Lazy journo.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think he summed everything up really well, he never really slated us, its the inner feelings of an Angry QPR fan, now if mr fernandes had bought us and backed powell like he has that loveable dodgy geeza arry, who knows where we would've been right now
  • "QPR have no infrastructure, ethos, identity or clear idea of what they’re doing"

That's the writer's words, not mine. Overall i think 'arrogant & deluded' is unfair.

OK he/she did not credit us for a performance full of heart (& in the end, some quality), and especially Poyet & Cousins. ANd there are a couple of sloppy errors. But overall it's a pretty decent article, with passion and lots of spot-on observations.

Some of the digs against us were fair enough. For large chunks of the 1st half we were playing like the away team, content to sit back. You sensed that SCP, and many in the crowd - me included possibly - would have taken 0-0 with no injuries & suspensions resulting.

I don't like the way QPR is run as a club, but their fans are generally OK, and I didn't hear too much of the 'little Charlton' attitude on the train back to Waterloo. I think plenty of them know that their new money has not really transformed them (this might change if/when they quit Loftus Road of course).