Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I am really in the mood to just bin this afternoon and drive to Hillsborough

Please convince me not to.

It will cost me around £100 in fuel and a ticket and food etc.
We will probably lose.
It's a bloody long way.
It will be cold oop North
I won't get home until 2am
I won't see my kids tonight

But I just really fancy it after Saturday. Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    Do it...do it...do it...
  • Options
    I was thinking exactly the same thing !!
  • Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing, I have taken a half day off at work, and I'm going.
  • Options
    DO IT!
  • Options

Do it. There will be a cracking atmosphere under the floodlights. Magic of the cup, etc. Go on, you know you want to.

It's even sunny on the South Yorkshire Riviera.

• Options
    Yep, sitting here at work thinking the same, was gutted driving back from the postponement.
  • Options
    take a packed lunch try and car share Huskaris is going
    we will win
    the traveling time back will give you time to relax after are win
    take a coat
    will you turn into a pumkin
    you will see your kids in the morning and you can tell them daddy had really nice night watching charlton win away in the cup
    i was like you for the huddersfield game but bit the bullet and went.come on mate the team need you
  • Options
    safe journey :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have to do it, just think how great it will be after when one half of Sheffield and nearly the entire footballing media throw their toys out of the pram as the Mighty Addicks spoil the party, COYR!
  • Options
    Thinking the same thing. There's a 1.30 megabus up there for £12 gets there at 5 that is too tempting
  • Options
    JFDI method.
  • Options
    Blimey, at this rate, we're going to have approx. 2,000 again!
  • Options
    All I could do to be responsible and say no when my daughter suggested it earlier.

I've got work and she has somewhere to be too. In reality a Northern fluorescent jacket or two would take great pleasure in saying no tickets available once we'd travelled all the way up there so we're being "sensible."

Makes me realise I'm getting old though because in my twenties (like she is) I'd have said sod it and gone without even thinking about the logistics of buying tickets.
  • Options
    swisdom were you from we are leaving glos at 3pm if that any help.plus it will be free travel for you.hope that helps
  • Options
    For the record I called the club and the woman said there would be thousands of tickets available on the door.
  • Options
    Sitting here contemplating it arguing with myself over what to do.
  • Options
    Same here been doing my nut in, really really wanna go but theres no way of getting home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Same here been doing my nut in, really really wanna go but theres no way of getting home.

Megabus from Meadowhell sometime after 1am, time to have a few jars and drown your sorrows in the city centre!

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Who's winning?

• Options
    travellodge £31
  • Options
    On the coach leaving victoria, meeting my cousin whos at leeds uni
  • Options
    Are you on the way yet, Swis?
  • Options
    owl-zat said:

Nicholas said:

Megabus from Meadowhell sometime after 1am, time to have a few jars and drown your sorrows in the city centre!

Have been looking at that but what a pain in the arse it is.

• Options
    I was the same for the Oxford game (ok its not as far) but was well worth it. If you don't go and we win you will regret it #FACT
  • Options
    Chizz said:

smiffyboy said:

Who's winning?

The girlfriend
  • Options
    Now £70 quid for a single up there. Computer screen it is :(