Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I am really in the mood to just bin this afternoon and drive to Hillsborough

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gonna be up till almost 6am, it'll ve worth it when we win.
  • Options
    You only live once.
  • Options
    Its a beautiful day, if I was anywhere near London id be trying to convince my Dad to drive to the game for sure
  • Options
    anyone left yet
  • Options
    I ran it past the Mrs.

It was made clear to me that I have things I need to be doing tonight and none of them involve driving to Sheffield :-(

I'll be looking for a stream in the interwebs instead.

If anyone has decided to go on account of this thread - please don't blame me if we don't win. That said - I will aim to go to Sheff Utd game if we get to it
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I ran it past the Mrs.

It was made clear to me that I have things I need to be doing tonight and none of them involve driving to Sheffield :-(

If anyone has decided to go on account of this thread - please don't blame me if we don't win. That said - I will aim to go to Sheff Utd game if we get to it

Ouch...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I ran it past the Mrs.

the things to do
    does one involve popping to the shops

• Options
    Randomly decided to go! Although going to Uni in Nottingham makes the commute easier.....
  • Options
    I'm in Malta so it's not practical no matter how much I want to be there.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    LenGlover said:

All I could do to be responsible and say no when my daughter suggested it earlier.

I've got work and she has somewhere to be too. In reality a Northern fluorescent jacket or two would take great pleasure in saying no tickets available once we'd travelled all the way up there so we're being "sensible."

Makes me realise I'm getting old though because in my twenties (like she is) I'd have said sod it and gone without even thinking about the logistics of buying tickets.

Twice in the 70s my now wife and a friend went to the FA Cup final without tickets and got given them outside the gates. Where there's a will there's a way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my child will not stop screaming. my car is broke. who wants to come and get me from guildford and get the mighty road trip on?
  • Options

I'm in Malta so it's not practical no matter how much I want to be there.

Air Malta flight gets to Manchester for 18:30. You could make most of the second half...

• Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Nice one Mrs Swisdom
  • Options
    Swisdom knows his place....

Brilliant. If i were you i would have come up for another reason why you decided not to go tonight, not that your wife told you you couldnt go.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Swisdom knows his place....

Brilliant. If i were you i would have come up for another reason why you decided not to go tonight, not that your wife told you you couldnt go.

In truth we have a man of the cloth coming round tomorrow to discuss my sons upcoming christening so we need the house to look less like a hand grenade went off in Hamleys

• Options
    Swiz, look at it like this: If we lose you'll be glad you didn't go. If we win, you can go to the quarter final!

ps This has got draw written all over it. Replay next week ;)
  • Options
    Better tell her to do it then mate as you won't be home till late as jackie from acts is stuck in the loo and you need to cover her work and you won't be home for hrs
  • Options
    Swisdom you made the wrong choice BUT don't ever let her forget the sacrifice you made for her:-)
  • Options
    That's got to be divorce material surely?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Swisdom you made the wrong choice BUT don't ever let her forget the sacrifice you made for her:-)

No, he made the right choice. If he'd gone we'd probably have lost, and he'd be cursing his luck and she'd be cursing his sense of priorities. Now is the time to big up what an epic game he missed, bank the brownie points and make sure he's got a free pass for the united match
  • Options

take a packed lunch

Lol he ain't going on a school trip to the natural history museum

• Options
    We are now in sensitive discussions about a trip to Sheffield. HOWEVER having not seen any of the FA Cup matches so far I don't want to jinx the team.
  • Options
    is she still wearing your trousers?
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

take a packed lunch

Lol he ain't going on a school trip to the natural history museum

To be fair, apart from our end, it was quieter than a library most of the evening...