Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer

Comments

• Options
    Charltons Number one Fact!!
  • Options
    Well played The Dictator
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great performance between the sticks today. MOTM.
  • Options
    Love him
  • Options
    Unbelievable save. Cant believe that. Quality benny boy.
  • Options
    I thought he was Alnwick in disguise they look the same with those beards
  • Options
    Could easily have knocked that one off the post over the line and a great save from the deflected shot.
  • Options
    Great game all round, ready to mop up anything thrown over the back line. A couple of flaps, but it wouldn't be Ben without the odd heart-in-the-mouth moment. Wasn't convinced that the ball hadn't crossed the line when Ben snatched it, but shit, I don't care.

As for the one at the end, Not seen a better save from a charlton keeper since Kielys days.....................
  • Options
    If thuram plays Sat does that suggest Powell's hands are tied?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No but comments like that do!

Glad Hamer did so well, but no need to stoke up the hatred that seems to exist towards Thuram. Some real vitriol towards him on this site tonight.

On the subject of vitriol;

Don't like the comments about Piggy or the told you so comments to the Powell critics.

Just be pleased that CP is clearly developing, that we have a good team that is geling and that we can realistically stay up.

blockquote class="Quote" rel="Todds_right_hook">If thuram plays Sat does that suggest Powell's hands are tied?

• Options
    How am I stoking hate towards thuram by that comment? People have been suggesting on here that the chairman doesn't give Powell a say in transfers and the liege players have to start.

I ask that if thuram starts on Saturday ahead of hamer who was class tonight, does that suggest this is the case? So how is that criticising anyone?

Sorry for raising a serious question on a fans forum!!! Time to get your heads out of your ars@s
  • Options
    Thuram is getting an unjustifiably negative response from some fans partly related to initial negative opinions of RD,linked to frustration about CPs contract and partly due to being unknown to us and possessed of a more European style.

What you are implying is that if CP plays him it will be as a result of pressure from RD rather than a positive choice.You pose it as a question, but really it is a statement and designed to provoke a response from those who believe such. That is likely to encourage further negative responses.

Hamer doing well is good, I would rather have two goalkeeping options, but I think that we should give Thuram a bit more of a welcome and chance than simply writing his appearance off as pressure from RD. I feel for the guy to be honest.

I personally haven't got my head anywhere but on my shoulders.

• Options
    IAgree said:

Thuram is getting an unjustifiably negative response from some fans partly related to initial negative opinions of RD,linked to frustration about CPs contract and partly due to being unknown to us and possessed of a more European style.

What you are implying is that if CP plays him it will be as a result of pressure from RD rather than a positive choice.You pose it as a question, but really it is a statement and designed to provoke a response from those who believe such. That is likely to encourage further negative responses.

Hamer doing well is good, I would rather have two goalkeeping options, but I think that we should give Thuram a bit more of a welcome and chance than simply writing his appearance off as pressure from RD. I feel for the guy to be honest.

I personally haven't got my head anywhere but on my shoulders.

Don't tell me what I was implying, I wasn't implying anything, I was asking a question to get people's views. Consider this, is this a fans forum where people discuss our club? The answer is yes! Was my first question a valid one? Yes it is

I have never criticised thuram and never will but after tonight's performance there is no way on earth that hamer deserves to lose his place in the team. If he does, that suggests to me that Powell's selction is influenced from above and I raised this point to see if people agreed and not to gauge a negative reaction but a discussion on a fans forum to gauge opinion
  • Options
    I need to see the save again. I stood directly behind it and at the time it's one of the best saves I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with raising the point but I think it is very clear that Powell picks the team else Hamer would have been on the bench again. I also think it is clear that Duchatelet has the ultimate say on squad signings (and sales) and that we have managed to land a lot of players in a short space of time... Reza and Ajdarevic being two who have hit the ground running.
    I hope that Hamer plays well enough to stay the number one choice as he knows his defence and it is one less thing to worry about given the fact we will be playing twice a week until the end of the season.
  • Options

I need to see the save again. I stood directly behind it and at the time it's one of the best saves I've ever seen.

Scrambled across to save it with body/arms anything as it was heading bottom hand corner, Morrison stuck out a late flick and it seemed to hit his studs which boosted it into the top corner, Hamer bounced himself off the floor to get the spring to push it away from top hand corner, can picture it now in slow mo almost, was stunned!

• Options
    I think he had a point to prove and boy did he do it. Thanks Thuram.
  • Options
    I was dead centre looking at it and as i saw the ball flicked up at pace i thought, there's no way he's going to save that. When his arm flicked out to palm it a metre wide i just turned to my wife and daughter and said did he really just do that. It almost seemed unhumanly possible. World class tonight from Hamer. You've been my number one for a long time. Others have worn the goalkeeper's shirt this season, but you are Charlton's number One!!

A dilemma for Powell, after a performance like that, not a chance. I bet Ben felt 10 foot tall walking off that pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm utterly convinced that had Thuram played we would have lost that game. Hamer was outstanding!
  • Options
    If an opposition GK played like that against us at the valley, I for one would have applauded him off the pitch. By far the best player out there on the night..................
  • Options
    Awesome game, unquestionably first choice for us now.
  • Options
    Like how CP referred to Hamer in three separate interviews last night as as MY keeper....
  • Options
    Don't think Thuram been quite as bad as some have suggested, but Hamer deserves to keep his place after last night. I'm not sure we'd have won that with Thuram in goal.

Watched on TV via a stream, great save but even better on the replay, big deflection off Morrison.
  • Options
    Did i watch a different game ,
    yes that save was a genuine woooorldy but he flapped and dropped quite a few the one that bounced off the post he gathered then spilled , there was another one in the second half he spilled near their big unit of a sub, he came for a cross and palmed it to their fella who's feet he dived bravely at and then gathered when it hit the Wednesday player and there was a couple of week flaps/punches in the first half
    i thought that woooorldy apart it was one of his worse games for us and on another night without the luck he'd have been ridiculed

just my opinion on what i saw from the moody feed
  • Options
    He always comes back better after a spell out. He just seems to get too comfortable and complacent after a long run in the team.

His footwork and save from that Morrison deflection was world class. Our match winner last night.
  • Options
    I remember an Interview with him after he came back from being dropped for Button last season... He remarked that he didnt like being on the bench and worked harder in training to ensure that he got his spot back into the team and it worked because he was brilliant towards the end of last season.

Fast Forward to this year and I reckon its the exact same situation (albeit Hamer was injured rather than being dropped)... He's looked a Thuram and has seen a good Goalkeeper so has been forced to up his own performance to reclaim that spot... For that reason having Thuram around is a blessing as not since Randolph / Elliot have had two strong Goalkeepers keeping the other on their toes
  • Options
    He was superb last night and while he may not be the best keeper in the world, he's the best at the club. Interesting comments from Powell too: 'My keeper made some real quality saves towards the end...'
  • Options
    I don't think Thuram is as bad as the hyperbole would have us think, that said I can't think of any saves he's made to match Hamer's last night and in terms of catching crosses and picking up back passes there is little between them - distribution I would give Thuram the edge on speed, but Hamer is more accurate at this point in time.

A bit of competition is a good thing I think, personally I would say Hamer has earned a recall but CP is in the hot seat, over to you Chrissy...