Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer

13»

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:

distribution I would give Thuram the edge on speed, but Hamer is more accurate at this point in time.

This is what I like about Thuram... We really do play good counter-attacking football when he plays because he'll throw the ball out pretty much immediately
  • Options
    Havnt been convinced by hamer and have always says he does the routine stuff fine but dosent make any worldies, of all the times to prove me wrong, 90th min in the fa cup to get into the quaters was probably the best....what a save!!!!
  • Options
    For me I thought it was a typical Hamer performance, looked bit suspect with high balls, but made some worldy saves.

Which player did the ball deflect off at the end when he made one of the best reaction saves I've ever seen?
  • Options

For me I thought it was a typical Hamer performance, looked bit suspect with high balls, but made some worldy saves.

Which player did the ball deflect off at the end when he made one of the best reaction saves I've ever seen?

I think it was Morrison.
  • Options
    Morrison wasnt it?
  • Options
    Hooray!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Therefore there was an assumption / opinion behind your question which was a statement!

I have built an opinion of Hamer over a long period of time and having watched him from behind the goal in the Lower North.If what he did last night is sustained I would be happy. However I personally don't rate him on what I have seen overall and it will take a bit more consistency to convince me.

Peoples opinions of Thuram are based upon very little actual play and a great deal of prejudice tied into RD and CP's contract. Plus a very different style of play and the fact that he is a relative unknown. He may well disappointment, but that will become obvious once he has settled. I may end up having the same opinion about him in a few months that I do about Hamer now. However that will be based in fact and not conspiracy theories.

blockquote class="Quote" rel="Todds_right_hook">
    IAgree said:

Thuram is getting an unjustifiably negative response from some fans partly related to initial negative opinions of RD,linked to frustration about CPs contract and partly due to being unknown to us and possessed of a more European style.

What you are implying is that if CP plays him it will be as a result of pressure from RD rather than a positive choice.You pose it as a question, but really it is a statement and designed to provoke a response from those who believe such. That is likely to encourage further negative responses.

Hamer doing well is good, I would rather have two goalkeeping options, but I think that we should give Thuram a bit more of a welcome and chance than simply writing his appearance off as pressure from RD. I feel for the guy to be honest.

I personally haven't got my head anywhere but on my shoulders.

Don't tell me what I was implying, I wasn't implying anything, I was asking a question to get people's views. Consider this, is this a fans forum where people discuss our club? The answer is yes! Was my first question a valid one? Yes it is

I have never criticised thuram and never will but after tonight's performance there is no way on earth that hamer deserves to lose his place in the team. If he does, that suggests to me that Powell's selction is influenced from above and I raised this point to see if people agreed and not to gauge a negative reaction but a discussion on a fans forum to gauge opinion

• Options
    edited February 2014

Did i watch a different game ,
    yes that save was a genuine woooorldy but he flapped and dropped quite a few the one that bounced off the post he gathered then spilled , there was another one in the second half he spilled near their big unit of a sub, he came for a cross and palmed it to their fella who's feet he dived bravely at and then gathered when it hit the Wednesday player and there was a couple of week flaps/punches in the first half
    i thought that woooorldy apart it was one of his worse games for us and on another night without the luck he'd have been ridiculed

just my opinion on what i saw from the moody feed

Completely agree with this - I said to Mr W during the game that if Thuram had flapped at/ dropped/ punched like that, he would be getting absolute pelters. Try watching the almost over the line incident and imagine Thuram as the keeper - if he had done exactly what Hamer did he would have been called all sorts on here for it!!

Now the save in the 93rd minute after the deflection off Morro was fabulous, though, and won us the match, so I'll forgive the hyperbole.

In conclusion, I think we have two pretty good, Championship level keepers - both capable of some excellent saves, both capable of some defensive howlers. Tough pick for Sat.

• Options
    I have been one of Hamer's biggest critics only because he has in the past looked very assured and I feel he lost that along the way. I sincerely hope that last night proves that the extended lay off was just what was needed and that he is back to his best.