Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For the CP doubters

Comments

• Options
    Left the substitutions too late... Substitutions were too defensive... Got lucky... Blah blah blah...

:-)
  • Options
    Eat it!
  • Options
    After it went 1-1 I couldnt believe the panicking from some people...

Everyone needs to just calm down and let Powell do his job between now and the end of the season - Even his substitutions today were spot on because it helped run down the clock (and allowed us to take a booked player off without risk)... Unlike any of us he's more qualified to do the job he does so let him do it
  • Options
    Let's just enjoy the result eh guys?! We're as one tonight.
  • Options
    Duly eaten - it tasted lovely !
    COYR.
  • Options
    great again i thought from powell. Hit them hard first 20 and got a goal out of it, they pegged us back and we shot up the other end and scored. Good tactics moving Harriott to the right near the end as most of our play came through the right hand side and 3 of their defenders were on yellows.

Would've brought on some fresh legs slightly earlier but no need to make big changes when you're leading and wouldve kept the last two for injury time as well.
  • Options
    He's the man for us!
  • Options

enough passion for you?

What a man
    A god to me
    I LOVE YOU CHRIS
  • Options
    LOVE him...and so does Mr W xx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Leave out the gloating please. It just stokes up bad feeling.

• Options
    Now RD please give the man a new f@cking contract!
  • Options
    Roland me old mucker. One word. CONTRACT!!!!!!
  • Options
    Don't hold your breath DK
  • Options
    Rd should have got Cp signed up last week... Think maybe the price just went up!
  • Options
    No real need for these threads, and i'm behind Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is unnecessary, oneupmanship. Whatever has been said on this forum over the past few weeks regarding Chris Powell in or Chris Powell out has been said from the heart from people who love CAFC with a passion (in 99% of cases anyway). Whichever side of the fence you are leaning there is no need to eat any humble pie.

Absurdistan - I usually like your posts but on this one I think you are out of order. Or is it what's called banter? (aka. wind up)
  • Options
    Another test for Powell coming up this weekend. We shall see. For now, Powell worshipers stand to the left, Powell outers to the right and let's see what pans out.

What a win. We'll done CP and the lads...
  • Options
    I've never wanted to see Powell go. However I have had the occasional moan that he has been too negative with his subs and he hasn't played Harriot nearly enough this season. On both points I now feel vindicated after the last couple of games in which he has been spot on. I hope Harriot now stays in the team, his speed, trickery and shooting ability will be vital.
  • Options
    There is a very valid reason for threads like this. Katrien Meire, or someone working for her is patrolling this and other forums on a regular basis. That of course does not mean she will act impulsively on what she reads here, but she will regard it as part of her job to take the temperature. Of course she will.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Leave out the gloating please. It just stokes up bad feeling.

Gloating?

You make it sound as though you are disappointed we won! Or are you a Sheffield Wednesday fan in which case my apologies but this is a domestic matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great picture of Powell hanging from the woodwork on the front page of The Guardian sports section today. It's not online unfortunately. The headline reads: Cup Fever - Charlton Raise The Bar.

Edit: The pic they used is here: http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/25/crossbar-hanging-charlton-boss-chris-powell-shows-the-magic-of-the-fa-cup-is-alive-and-well-4317402/
  • Options
    Lets just hope the 2 game winning streak doesn't burst. Powell has always been fortunate enough to be able to get good results particularly after a poor run. Long may it continue. I'll have mash with that pie. COYR