Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Owlstalk - They Just Love Us Don't they?

Should be an absolute rout by the Wednesday.

Three, four, five, who knows where it will end.

Don't know what all the fuss is about

4-0 to the MASSIVE and it'll be like a training session for our lads

Don't know much about a few players of their team now. Obviously Church and Sordell will be a problem, but do they both start? Their keeper looks dodgy as **** and as we know their centre halves are pretty poor too. Jackson is a good player but nothing better than we have

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209774-sheffield-wednesday-1-2-charlton-athletic-official-matchday-thread/page-2

Comments

• Options
    Not everyone on Owlstalk is deluded

Charlton deserved it, they wanted it more , their fans were spot on didnt shut up all game and that big flipping drum they had was mad. Not good enough wednesday i honestly think they didnt know how much this ment to us all
  • Options
    seems like they've finally realised Llera is dogshite, can't believe he was still on the pitch at the end of the game. Got completely done all game by Church, and that says something!!
  • Options
    Tbf haven't seen much of church but he has decent pace
  • Options
    MIA that is the funniest link I have read in ages. That pre-match analysis was so wrong it is laughable. Apart from putting Thuram in goal, Evina/Wiggins at LB, Green at RM and Sordell up front, he had Stephens starting (err sold last month dear chap) and confidently stated that Powell is a 4-4-2 man. With that sort of deep thinking it's not surprising that we won.
  • Options
    Their blog is the funniest thing I've read in ages! ;-)
  • Options
    Just read the thread too and thanks for the link. If we had played the team in the pre match analysis then it might well have been a Sheffield derby. Just goes to show how others see us right now...
    Not a single mention of Ajdarevic in the thread (apart from team line up) and all about how their midfield went missing as opposed to our 4-5-1 being the right choice for the fixture and for our squad.
    Unlike them let's take one game at a time and go back to concentrating on the league :)
  • Options
    Glad they recognised our fans. It's always easier to big up your own but I refuse to believe we weren't loud tonight.
  • Options
    I like this comment from one of their own 'Told u lot last week. All these threads about the pigs game have been embarassing and quite frankly, Charlton are owning us so far. Some of you lot deserve this for those cringeworthy threads this week. OK rant over, lets get back to it.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember a lot of anger when the Owls signed Leon Best / Gary Gardner / Benik Afobe on loan saying they were the sort of player that we needed at Charlton... Does everyone still think the same after that match last night?
  • Options
    God I can't stand Wednesday fans. Would almost rather spend my time on a Palace forum.

Almost.
  • Options

I seem to remember a lot of anger when the Owls signed Leon Best / Gary Gardner / Benik Afobe on loan saying they were the sort of player that we needed at Charlton... Does everyone still think the same after that match last night?

In all fairness Best did look quite good!
  • Options

Yes, he would have been a great option for us.
  • Options

yes actually, Best would have been a great signing
  • Options
    He's made more saves for us than Thuram already!
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

He's made more saves for us than Thuram already!

stop digging the keeper out......
  • Options
    I won't reapeat what you called him!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You should read the owls online threads. Some seriously bitter deluded twats (as we already know) on there. Powell really not popular with them.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sorry , i can't resist , like a moth to a flame

The 5th rounds a forgone conclusion we will stuff the eel eaters

( Not heard us called that before)

Charlton: the very definition of "Tinpot"!

Charlton = not MASSIVE

I really really don't like powell and never have so to see him swinging off the goalposts when his team have just cheated their way through to the next round had me spitting feathers

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209340-just-take-a-massive-look-at-your-deluded-selves/

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209889-chris-powell-a-couple-of-questions/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Take it with a pinch of salt guys, had we won at your gaff and Stuart Gray swung on the crossbar then I'm sure there would've been similar threads on here, what hasn't been mentioned is Powell has had a lot of nice words about him (even in defeat which is hard) yet you're just picking out the bad apples.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Let's make it a Desperate Dan and very bitter bellend :0)
  • Options
    Don't think Powell will mind what a few deluded northerners think of him.
  • Options

Take it with a pinch of salt guys, had we won at your gaff and Stuart Gray swung on the crossbar then I'm sure there would've been similar threads on here, what hasn't been mentioned is Powell has had a lot of nice words about him (even in defeat which is hard) yet you're just picking out the bad apples.

Just be grateful it wasn't that fat bald bloke. Tango?
  • Options
    edited February 2014

As I can't sleep and have been looking through your sites for a laugh, I must have managed to miss all these nice words about Powell as I don't recall any. A few comments that the better team one, they did a job, were more up for it etc but they are the extreme minority. The bad apples are far easier to pick out than the good ones simply because there are so many more of them.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

As I can't sleep and have been looking through your sites for a laugh, I must have managed to miss all these nice words about Powell as I don't recall any. A few comments that the better team one, they did a job, were more up for it etc but they are the extreme minority. The bad apples are far easier to pick out than the good ones simply because there are so many more of them.
    Well this is one thread that quite a few were sickened about the abuse he got on twitter by those idiots.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209907-chris-powell-receives-racist-tweets-from-so-called-wednesday-fans/
  • Options
    edited February 2014

DRAddick said:

Well this is one thread that quite a few were sickened about the abuse he got on twitter by those idiots.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/209907-chris-powell-receives-racist-tweets-from-so-called-wednesday-fans/
    Yep I read that. It's a thread correctly saying the racist abuse was wrong. Not the same as 'had a lot of nice words about him' is it? Infact there are non on that thread either, just that the tweets were disgraceful.

There are a couple of nice comments but that's about it. Tbf owlsonline is worse than owlstalk in the anti Powell comments.

• Options
    This all just confirms that football fans/people are basically the same wherever they're from. Sorry if that sounds too much like a Michael Jackson song.
    I doubt a neutral would be able to say there was much difference between here and Owlstalk. We're not exactly gracious in defeat ( and I certainly include myself in that).
  • Options
    Uboat said:

This all just confirms that football fans/people are basically the same wherever they're from. Sorry if that sounds too much like a Michael Jackson song.
    I doubt a neutral would be able to say there was much difference between here and Owlstalk. We're not exactly gracious in defeat ( and I certainly include myself in that).

I think your right Uboat , i hope we don't get all billy big boots , because we're playing a league 1 team in the next round , and if they do beat us give them the respect that they deserve.