Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v. Watford (ed: Tuesday 29th April)

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
OK - so the Sheff Utd game will be on Saturday 8th March at 3PM - meaning the home game against Watford has to move. There isn't a spare Tuesday between now and the end of the season!? Only next week - March 4th. Never heard of a game being bought forward...but if they don't then when will it be played?

Comments

• 29th april is spare
  • 29th April. Otherwise will have to start fitting games in on Thursdays.
  • All of June/July is also free..............
  • It's been brought forward to tonight
  • Being simulated on FIFA 14 to determine outcome.
  • As per the other 2 threads, the Sheff Utd game will definitely NOT be Saturday 8th March at 3pm. Although the point re. Watford still stands.
  • The Quarter-Final replay was gonna be next Tuesday (harsh as we've got International Call-Ups)... I guess they could be forced to play it then
  • Reckon it will have to be a Thursday night match. If we draw with Sheffield United the Bournemouth game will have to be moved as well.
    Our schedule is fully booked. Hoping that spring is here and the end of the match postponed weather period is over.
  • edited February 2014
    Not forgetting if we beat SU the away game at Brighton will have to be moved. I can see us playing Thursday 24th April and Tuesday 29th. but It looks like 6 home games in April.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Not forgetting if we beat SU the away game at Brighton will have to be moved. I can see us playing Thursday 24th April and Tuesday 29th. but It looks like 6 home games in April.

We'd better hope it doesn't rain in April then
  • Sponsored links:

• We'll be fine. It never rains in April...
  • Confirmed Tuesday April 29: http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/140429-charlton-away-fixture-1361162.aspx?

Sub-Standard Liege v Pseudinese :-)

• Dansk_Red said:

and all midweek night games? hope not.
  • Vincenzo said:

Confirmed Tuesday April 29: http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/140429-charlton-away-fixture-1361162.aspx?

Sub-Standard Liege v Pseudinese :-)

That's it then - every Tuesday night until the end of the season...send for reinforcements.
  • That makes it the last home game of the Season.
  • edited February 2014
    I think this is already the biggest fixture pile-up in the club's history. In 1963 we only managed to complete one League game between December 22nd and March 2nd, but the season was extended and we didn't play every midweek. I doubt if we've ever played nine midweeks running before and IF the sixth round goes to a replay and we win that we will have two double midweeks, (which surely couldn't be consecutive) because I can't see us getting dispensation to play after May 3rd. It's a very difficult situation.
  • Be interesting if Brighton does have to be re-arranged because they cant put it after Blackpool seeing that Brighton could be preparing for the Play-Offs (or could be needing a win to get into the play-offs)
  • could get worse if we have to replay v Sheff Utd
  • Watford will have nothing to play for by then could work in our favour

Could get even worse if we have to replay against Sheff Utd, beat them, draw in the semi final and have to replay that as well
  • Sponsored links:

Could get even worse if we have to replay against Sheff Utd, beat them, draw in the semi final and have to replay that as well
    No semi-final replays.
  • Do they still do replay semi finals?
  • Do they still do replay semi finals?

no

With the spirit, guts & sheer determination shown by all last night, there will be NO replay required, Large.

Believe !!!

Oh, and because I promised several young men last night that we'd "stuff the scum" for them....
  • Two days after my birthday :)
  • And if we beat Sheff U that means Brighton away on April 12 will be postponed for the semi. That means playing three times in a week somewhere along the line or getting dispensation from the FA to play a fixture after the final day on May 3rd.
  • I suspect our season will be somewhat over by then so great chance for you to get 3 points.

I'd rather you stay up over Millwall anyway (and that's not just me saying on here)
  • Absolute result for me, as it means I get to see us play an extra game during my visit home.....was joking with the Mrs I may have to stay an extra 3 weeks if we got to the final on the 17th May.
  • We will be seeing one or 2 more debuts before the season is up. I can't wait for the non stop football, we just need to have a great fortnight and we will be safe.
  • Watford will have nothing to play for by then could work in our favour

Yep. Good point. Warm April night.
    Good crowd and three points to ensure we are safe!