Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v. Watford (ed: Tuesday 29th April)

2»

Comments

• Options
    If it's still as tight as it looks like being at the bottom, this could end up as our biggest gate of the season, with the possible exception of the Wigan 'Football for a Fiver' match. For their part, Watford will be tucked nicely into mid-table, hopefully contemplating their Summer holidays and maybe blooding a couple of youngsters (as long as they're not as good as our Academy lads !)
  • Options
    My daughter is mascot for this game . We'll have beaten Millwall , be safe from the drop and in the cup final by then , the place will be buzzing ....
  • Options
    Well some younger players might look more interested...

Quite frankly you'll only need to get the first goal and the points will be yours.

ATM we're set up to get in front and then defend.
  • Options
    Shag said:

My daughter is mascot for this game . We'll have beaten Millwall , be safe from the drop and in the cup final by then , the place will be buzzing ....

And this is why I don't do the prediction league.... Still , my daughter is mascot tomorrow night , lets hope she brings us some luck

• Options
    Enjoy mate. Hope she brings us luck.
  • Options
    Cheers mate , you going ?
  • Options
    Yeah mate ++ I ll be there......
  • Options
    I hope your daughter enjoys herself @shag. mine did. regardless of result it's a great day out for them, if we win though the atmosphere will be immense.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Shag said:

And this is why I don't do the prediction league.... Still , my daughter is mascot tomorrow night , lets hope she brings us some luck

What a great night to choose to be mascot. Tell us all about it.

• Options
    From the pictures you put up, looked like she was enjoying herself. What a game to be mascot for!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just went and looked on Twitter. Lovely stuff.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Well for a little 7 year old girl who's only interest in Charlton is whatever I annoy her with , she did n't really have that much interest in being mascot ....

However , she absolutely loved every minute !!! She was still buzzing this morning and took her mascot medal and the programme into school to show everyone she can .

She was very well looked after by Sue ( who knows everything CAFC ! ) , and the tour was great . I got a picture of her in the boardroom bit alongside the dinner place name for Dave Berry and tweeted it to him , he sent a good luck message back . Top man

I bumped into @brunello @BDL and Jim Davidson . 2 great comedians , all lovely blokes

I had sent JJ an email beforehand asking if he would nt mind looking after her and he certainly did , she walked with him out the tunnel onto the pitch and she said he made her feel welcome in the dressing room and she got plenty of autographs . The bloke is class

Hughesy and Mr Riga as well , I managed to wish good luck , nice fellas

All in , it was just a fantastic night that will certainly live long in my ageing memory for lots of different reasons and hopefully my daughter will remember it for a long time too . As soon as I collected her pitchside , she told me she wanted to do it all again ....

Very proud CAFC man today , we do support a unique , special Club .

that is superb, my eldest girl is 7 and I'm thinking about it for her b'day next season, gotta admit it would be as much for me as it would her!
  • Options
    Nice one pal, really glad she had a great time
  • Options
    Mate I was definitely more excited than she was ! She got the chance through young addicks , so well worth it .

Do it !
  • Options
    That sounds great, @Shag‌. Assume she is the same little poppet you brought onto the pitch for the team photo on the day of the great Charlton Unathletic Valley victory?!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No Weegie that was her older sister , this one was only a couple of months old then !
  • Options
    OK, it was a good few years ago, now I think about it!!
  • Options
    Oh what a night.....I'd rather have a tweet from Lisa ....nice work mate+
  • Options
    Good meeting you @Shag. Thought you behaved extremely well :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:

Good meeting you @Shag. Thought you behaved extremely well :-)

Wondered how you'd take Shag's description of you, BDL....

A "comedian " indeed !

:-)