Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamer's save!

Be rude to call this anything other than the greatest save of all time imo.

Comments

• Options
    That is nothing short of magnificent!
  • Options
    Pure class.
  • Options
    Its the magic beard
  • Options
    World Class!
  • Options
    Top draw save, that!

Must resist the urge to make a comment about it bobbling into his arms a la Morrison/Thuram on Sat.......
  • Options
    Someone show Golfie, he's never seen Hamer make a save : - )
  • Options
    just seen it Henry............very good !!!

can't believe it took a deflection......again !! perhaps with Hamer saving it & the one that somehow landed in his arms and not over the line our luck has finally changed.
  • Options
    Total brilliance
  • Options
    Not as good as the one at Brighton last year, but very good all the same
  • Options
    quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Morrison owes him a beer or two after saving him from an oggy against his previous employers....................
  • Options
    he falls over first , which makes it better
  • Options
    Thuram would've caught it!
  • Options
    Why is this not in any of the highlights?
  • Options
    Cousins, Jackson, Dervite and Poyet all jump with him!
  • Options
    Still don't know how he did that. If it had been a Man U keeper and on SkySports it would have been on a non-stop loop on every bulletin for 24 hours. ITV didn't even show it in the highlights.
  • Options
    Each time I see a replay of that save I think it is going in and to me that makes it a great save.
  • Options
    He simply has to stay in the team for saturday. Anything else is scandalous
  • Options
    Hamer was on his knees before reacting to the deflection; world class save!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He falls then he saves, he falls then he saves, Ben Hamer he falls then he saves!
  • Options
    Brilliant save
  • Options
    Imagine how sick we'd have felt if that had gone in. Kick in the teeth would've been an understatement.
  • Options
    outstanding!
  • Options
    Exceptional. As was the efforts in the scramble right at the end. Threw himself in headfirst, what a battler.

On a side note that save may well have made the club £180k (or whatever the prize money is for this round + tv rights for next)
  • Options
    That was probably the best save i've seen from a Charlton keeper since Randolph and MK Dons away (not that long ago I know)
  • Options
    Don't watch the ball watch Hamer. Starts to go down low and reacts superbly to the deflection. Fantastic goalkeeping
  • Options
    Another bloody deflection
  • Options
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and state that whilst it was an outstanding save, the deflection took some of the pace off the ball and it's easier to move upwards (having initially moved downwards) than the other way around.